Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

Bro

Do audition the Onkyo 707 or Yamaha 1065. I will surely vouch for Onkyo. The Denon set up manual is a nightmare. For those who bought Denon,

all the best in your set up.

Cheers

Feedback from KEC is Onkyo has sharp tone, mixing with ProMonitor speaker which is sharp. The music and surrond soud is double sharp. Was recommend Denon 1910 which compromise and compensate the sharpness.

Is it true that ProCinema 800 go with Denon 1910 will has a slightly warmer tone? :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Feedback from KEC is Onkyo has sharp tone, mixing with ProMonitor speaker which is sharp. The music and surrond soud is double sharp. Was recommend Denon 1910 which compromise and compensate the sharpness.

Is it true that ProCinema 800 go with Denon 1910 will has a slightly warmer tone? :)

I wont use the word "sharp" It should be bright. Def Tech speakers tend to be on the bright side unlike Wharfedale or B&W which

are warmer. As for the receivers, its best to audition them.

I would prefer the Onkyo to the denon as its specs are more adequate & futured-proof plus Onkyos tend to be warmer.

Again, its my own opinion. Do audition & confirm your preference after listening to your preferred receivers.

Cheers

yah..i don think i can hear the different anyway...i don even know what terms they are using...warm tones??..i need the 'omph'..'wow' factor when watching movies anyway..haha..stupid me..currently using a Pana BD-60, Pana G11 42" plasma....watching blu-ray on screen with sound from the tv speaker is good if you are watching at night...more quiet surroundings..

Bro

Looking at your investment, u do really need a good HTS to compliment your BD60 & the superb Pana G11.

Cmon, watching BR with TV sound is only 10% of what youre really getting from a proper 5.1 set up.

CNY is coming. Wow your family. Go for it!!!

Cheers

im thinking of pairing philips 42pfl9664 with sony bdp360...leaving space for a 2k budget

for a HTS...is that realistic for a 5.1 system or should i up it abit?

would prefer for a system with 2 wireless rear tho...any thoughts? :)

Bro

Do audition the Onkyo 707 or Yamaha 1065. I will surely vouch for Onkyo. The Denon set up manual is a nightmare. For those who bought Denon,

all the best in your set up.

Cheers

so onkyo is better than denon? i am also looking at getting a new HT for my new house.. read some earlier posts that denon 2310 is good..

is the setup for denon really so complicated?

Bro

Looking at your investment, u do really need a good HTS to compliment your BD60 & the superb Pana G11.

Cmon, watching BR with TV sound is only 10% of what youre really getting from a proper 5.1 set up.

CNY is coming. Wow your family. Go for it!!!

Cheers

Thanks for the assurance..

:paint:

so onkyo is better than denon? i am also looking at getting a new HT for my new house.. read some earlier posts that denon 2310 is good..

is the setup for denon really so complicated?

Maybe Im a slow learner. Then again, that's me.

Cheers

im thinking of pairing philips 42pfl9664 with sony bdp360...leaving space for a 2k budget

for a HTS...is that realistic for a 5.1 system or should i up it abit?

would prefer for a system with 2 wireless rear tho...any thoughts? :)

Go to Adelphi to audition with your budget.

As for wireless rear - I rather you ditch them than to have them. You still need power

plug & cable to drive them, no?

cheers

:paint:

Maybe Im a slow learner. Then again, that's me.

Cheers

:D i will try to audition the 2 systems to get the feel.. i don't mind getting either one of them, but need to know which system is good at which areas..

by the way, what sort of speaker cables should we be looking at? i'm not too sure about that and i will need to lay the cables before my ceiling works start..

As for wireless rear - I rather you ditch them than to have them. You still need power

plug & cable to drive them, no?

cheers

hi vicenzo,

thanks for replying

then again, power plug and cables are normally at the front...

my concern is the running of the rear cables...

so this means, for those who dream of 5.1 HTS, die die must have light box or false ceiling to hide

them cables? or use trunking to cover? :unsure:

not having carpet so floor run would not be in...viewing distance is 3.5m thereabouts

YNWA,

El Nino

hi vicenzo,

thanks for replying

then again, power plug and cables are normally at the front...

my concern is the running of the rear cables...

so this means, for those who dream of 5.1 HTS, die die must have light box or false ceiling to hide

them cables? or use trunking to cover? :unsure:

not having carpet so floor run would not be in...viewing distance is 3.5m thereabouts

YNWA,

El Nino

El Nino Torres

Power plug is only to receiver. Front L&R, back L&R & center speakers cables using receiver.

What i did was to lay cable across ceiling BEFORE laying up false ceiling. Or you can run along the cornices

if one is doing light box. Get your contractor to do it. measure the cables & make sure you have more allowance

just in case.

For Rear speakers, you still need power cable unless they run of batteries.

Cheers

by the way, what sort of speaker cables should we be looking at? i'm not too sure about that and i will need to lay the cables before my ceiling works start..

Normal cables would suffice.

I rather you get them from the hi-fi shop rather from the contractor. Contractors normally give you the skinny black & red ones.

Pay a bit more for a better cable since the cables will forever be stuck in the ceiling. A good speaker cable is about S$1.50 per metre.

Cheers

El Nino Torres

Power plug is only to receiver. Front L&R, back L&R & center speakers cables using receiver.

What i did was to lay cable across ceiling BEFORE laying up false ceiling. Or you can run along the cornices

if one is doing light box. Get your contractor to do it. measure the cables & make sure you have more allowance

just in case.

For Rear speakers, you still need power cable unless they run of batteries.

Cheers

what de...fernando's identity have been discovered! any chance u a Liverpool fan? ;)

now this HTS getting more complicated then i thot..

k, so that means i have to get the speakers before reno ah??

otherwise how to lay cables before doing the L box, tio?

and if run via this way, the speakers would have to be wall mounted near the ceiling?

cant imagine the thot of the cable trunking in the middle of the wall behind the sofa...

one more to ask, if i occasionally decide to swap position of my tv to the other wall, can i just

unplug the cables from the mounted rear speakers and plug onto the front ones?

oh wait...this dun sound right...dun tell me to run the cables at ceiling top means must have

feature wall also to run from receiver up to ceiling across to the other side...?

Aww crappp.... :(

Sorry, HTS newbie...only 5.1 setup i had was the creative set for my PC years ago...Lol

YNWA,

El Nino

I wont use the word "sharp" It should be bright. Def Tech speakers tend to be on the bright side unlike Wharfedale or B&W which

are warmer. As for the receivers, its best to audition them.

I would prefer the Onkyo to the denon as its specs are more adequate & futured-proof plus Onkyos tend to be warmer.

Again, its my own opinion. Do audition & confirm your preference after listening to your preferred receivers.

Cheers

Ya, thanks for the advise..

I were told Onkyo is sharp. strange.. Bet it is subjective to different ears..

I will audition Denon and Onkyo that before i finalised them. Right now, i am still looking for WHITE speaker mount.