Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I was in the same dilemma as you, deciding between all the available upgrades from ProCinema 800.

Agree with vicenzo70 too that option 3 to upgrade the sub would be the most significant change that can be heard/felt (really can feel the air punching when I tried the SVS PB12 NSD !).

Anyway I end up taking options 1+2+3 with downgrade of rear speakers to ProMonitor 600 after all the poisonous audition of all possible combinations at KEC. :D

*Wallet bleeding* But I sacrifice rear speakers mostly because my listening space (tiny living) is smaller.

Final system that I got...

Front L/R: ProMonitor 1000

Centre: ProCentre 2000

Rear L/R: ProMonitor 600

Sub: SVS PB10 NSD [Would love to have PB12NSD but its too HUGE!]

AVR: Denon 1910

A couple of Qs...

What is your comment between SVS PB10 NSD and Velodyve CHT-8Q?

How do you mount the rear L/R speakers?

What is the reason of having Front ProMonitor 1000 and Rear ProMonitor 600? Care to elaborate more?

Went to audition on a wkday night..

Option 2. I agreed with Brovicenzo70. Upgrading the Sub is a must within the ProCinema System.

Option 3. Dialogue is much clearer and brighter in movie. Knowing 80% is from this ProCentre, i felt the surrond sound is coming from Centre instead of Front L/R speakers. I don't really like it but bet it is subjective.

Option 1. No doubt ProMonitor 1000 is better than ProMonitor 800. Music is clearer and brighter.

hihi guys..i've just ordered a Def Pro 600 together with a CHT-8Q along with a onkyo 507..this is for my living room...do you think i should upgrade my only centre to ProCentre 1000? or should i get Pro 800 instead and downgrade my surround to Pro 600 with the remaining items remain? I have not collected the items yet due next week..difference between a Pro 600 sys and a Pro 800 sys is $600..thanks..

ProCenter 1000:Two 4-1/2" BDSS upper bass/midrange drivers; Two 4-1/2" pressure coupled bass radiators

ProCenter 600: Two 3-1/2" BDSS upper bass/midrange drivers pressure coupled to two 3-1/2" bass radiators

What is the upgrading cost of ProCenter 600 to 1000? $$ go to the diameter, it is 1" more.

ProMonitor 800: One 4-1/2" BDSS bass/midrange drivers; One 4-1/2" pressure coupled bass radiator

ProMonitor 600: One 3-1/2" BDSS upper bass/midrange driver pressure coupled to one 3-1/2" bass radiators

What is the reduction cost of ProMonitor 800 to 600? $$ go to the diameter, it is 1" smaller.

ProMonitor 600: Frequency Response: 65 Hz – 30 kHz

ProMonitor 800: Frequency Response: 57 Hz – 30 kHz

A cost of $600 to gain more Hz..

Above are based on specification and numbers. You must audition the speakers.

Quote from jervislim: "your wallet agrees with your ear" is more realistic.

Bro

Not many people can "hear" the difference in the frequency response. Certainly not with Def Tech speakers.

Again its a question of $600 more to spend wisely. Dont be fooled by the specs unless its very evident of the

performance. The $600 savings can be spent on a good Bluray player.

Cheers

A couple of Qs...

What is your comment between SVS PB10 NSD and Velodyve CHT-8Q?

How do you mount the rear L/R speakers?

What is the reason of having Front ProMonitor 1000 and Rear ProMonitor 600? Care to elaborate more?

Went to audition on a wkday night..

Option 2. I agreed with Brovicenzo70. Upgrading the Sub is a must within the ProCinema System.

Option 3. Dialogue is much clearer and brighter in movie. Knowing 80% is from this ProCentre, i felt the surrond sound is coming from Centre instead of Front L/R speakers. I don't really like it but bet it is subjective.

Option 1. No doubt ProMonitor 1000 is better than ProMonitor 800. Music is clearer and brighter.

Please audition both SVS & Velo sub. If you have the money & space, go for SVS.

Rear speakers mounting depends on speaker size. Sanus bracket is good.

Kindly use the Calibration Function of your receiver to optimize the audio. Its all in the manual & have fun playing with your new toy.

Cheers

I was in the same dilemma as you, deciding between all the available upgrades from ProCinema 800.

Agree with vicenzo70 too that option 3 to upgrade the sub would be the most significant change that can be heard/felt (really can feel the air punching when I tried the SVS PB12 NSD !).

Anyway I end up taking options 1+2+3 with downgrade of rear speakers to ProMonitor 600 after all the poisonous audition of all possible combinations at KEC. :D

*Wallet bleeding* But I sacrifice rear speakers mostly because my listening space (tiny living) is smaller.

Final system that I got...

Front L/R: ProMonitor 1000

Centre: ProCentre 2000

Rear L/R: ProMonitor 600

Sub: SVS PB10 NSD [Would love to have PB12NSD but its too HUGE!]

AVR: Denon 1910

Bro

My personal advice.

If youre upgrading all your Front & Center speakers, you should upgrade your receiver as well. The Denon 1910 is a bit under power for performance.

Try the Denon 2310 or the Onkyo 707 or maybe the yamaha 1065.

Dont listen what the salesman says. Ive tried using a under powered receiver for my B&W once, & the performance sux until I got a more powered matching

receiver.

Cheers

Please audition both SVS & Velo sub. If you have the money & space, go for SVS.

Rear speakers mounting depends on speaker size. Sanus bracket is good.

Kindly use the Calibration Function of your receiver to optimize the audio. Its all in the manual & have fun playing with your new toy.

Cheers

I'm a newbie at this too, and when I audition the Pro800, something felt missing. Till the guy swapped the sub with a Velo instead.. Will definitely upgrade to the Velo if I go for the Pro800.

Bro

My personal advice.

If youre upgrading all your Front & Center speakers, you should upgrade your receiver as well. The Denon 1910 is a bit under power for performance.

Try the Denon 2310 or the Onkyo 707 or maybe the yamaha 1065.

Dont listen what the salesman says. Ive tried using a under powered receiver for my B&W once, & the performance sux until I got a more powered matching

receiver.

Cheers

Understand what you mean, regretted not trying the 2310 last week. Will do so before the installation date..to hear for the difference.

But this upgrade bug is so deadly!!

hihi guys..i've just ordered a Def Pro 600 together with a CHT-8Q along with a onkyo 507..this is for my living room...do you think i should upgrade my only centre to ProCentre 1000? or should i get Pro 800 instead and downgrade my surround to Pro 600 with the remaining items remain? I have not collected the items yet due next week..difference between a Pro 600 sys and a Pro 800 sys is $600..thanks..

I just bought the same system as you last week. can't wait to hear the whole setup in my new home! :D

I just bought the same system as you last week. can't wait to hear the whole setup in my new home! :D

Have fun with your new toy & prepare to blow yourself away!!! Dont blow your neighbor away though.

Congrats to those who have purchased their 5.1/7.1 proper Home Theater System. Now what you have to do

is to get a better Bluray player to compliment your system. Maybe in the long run, get a dedicated CD player

for music listening.

Cheers

Hi Ive spoken to my friend who's selling his B&W. Bear in mind, his M1 is without a sub. Not sure if youre still keen.

He may contact u today.

Cheers

Sure. Can discuss with him. Thanks.

Understand what you mean, regretted not trying the 2310 last week. Will do so before the installation date..to hear for the difference.

But this upgrade bug is so deadly!!

Bro

Do audition the Onkyo 707 or Yamaha 1065. I will surely vouch for Onkyo. The Denon set up manual is a nightmare. For those who bought Denon,

all the best in your set up.

Cheers

ProCenter 1000:Two 4-1/2" BDSS upper bass/midrange drivers; Two 4-1/2" pressure coupled bass radiators

ProCenter 600: Two 3-1/2" BDSS upper bass/midrange drivers pressure coupled to two 3-1/2" bass radiators

What is the upgrading cost of ProCenter 600 to 1000? $$ go to the diameter, it is 1" more.

ProMonitor 800: One 4-1/2" BDSS bass/midrange drivers; One 4-1/2" pressure coupled bass radiator

ProMonitor 600: One 3-1/2" BDSS upper bass/midrange driver pressure coupled to one 3-1/2" bass radiators

What is the reduction cost of ProMonitor 800 to 600? $$ go to the diameter, it is 1" smaller.

Hey, thanks on the comparision..true on the "your wallet agrees with your ear" thing...but audition at demo room and own house is different..we don have the luxury of having carpeted floor, closed room etc..hmm...dillemma...ha..anyway...think will check on the price and configurations to see the best value for $$..

Bro

Not many people can "hear" the difference in the frequency response. Certainly not with Def Tech speakers.

Again its a question of $600 more to spend wisely. Dont be fooled by the specs unless its very evident of the

performance. The $600 savings can be spent on a good Bluray player.

Cheers

yah..i don think i can hear the different anyway...i don even know what terms they are using...warm tones??..i need the 'omph'..'wow' factor when watching movies anyway..haha..stupid me..currently using a Pana BD-60, Pana G11 42" plasma....watching blu-ray on screen with sound from the tv speaker is good if you are watching at night...more quiet surroundings..