Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

From Audiohouse? Their promotion is $1599 but Denon 1610 AVR i think.

from the CC fair at suntec over last weekend.... was so crowded that decided not to go in last minute....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ok, i bought the procinema 800, change sub to velodyne CHT8Q & yamaha amp RXV465 (Titanium). Total damage is 2.7K. These are the setup dat Clarence recommend. Wanna change to SVS sub, but da thing **** HUGE! my wife reject it IMMEDIATELY... anyway, with all honesty, I dunno whether the price i paid for the above setup is reasonable. It also incl setup n monster cables for the front setup. Need ur advise n assurance. And 1 more thing. My living room is only 3.4m x 7m, in which the 3.4m is da distance from sofa to tv. Thx.

Bro

Firstly I have to congratulate you for getting such a great combination.

The CHT8Q is a fantastic sub that can handle low bass. Watching movies will be an entire

unique experience. Enjoy it!!!! You do have a bluray player rite?

Your Yamaha amp have YPAO function. It can auto calibrate the acoustics per your

room dimension. Make sure to do it at night when its absolutely quiet.

Cheers

Hi vic.. Dats assuring. My hse under Reno, so bought the this sytem early so that the wiring can be concealed. Yet to purchase blu Ray player... Dunno whether to buy dedicated player or ps3 though. Anyway, u guys have been a tremendous help in advising me of which system I shld get... I can forsee that without this forum, I will definitely burnt my hard earned $$$$ on Bose.

Hi vic.. Dats assuring. My hse under Reno, so bought the this sytem early so that the wiring can be concealed. Yet to purchase blu Ray player... Dunno whether to buy dedicated player or ps3 though. Anyway, u guys have been a tremendous help in advising me of which system I shld get... I can forsee that without this forum, I will definitely burnt my hard earned $$$$ on Bose.

I would recommend a dedicated BR player. For PS3 to bitstream True HD & DTS MA, you have to get the latest firmware.

If you have the spare money, get the OPPO BDP83 Bluray player. Its by far the best (& expensive) BR player currently.

As again, BOSE stands for Buy Other Sound Equipment

Cheers

Hey, how much are you getting for Pro 800 and the velodyne? Which model of velodyne u getting? Thanks...I'm planning to get Pro600 with the default sub..quoted 1280..thanks..

Hi Haman, may i know where were you quoted that price? With AVR? Sounds almost too good to be true.

Hi Haman, may i know where were you quoted that price? With AVR? Sounds almost too good to be true.

Hi, price is without AVR...Onkyo 507 was quoted 499, Def Tech pro 600 or 60, can't rem was $1280.

Hi, price is without AVR...Onkyo 507 was quoted 499, Def Tech pro 600 or 60, can't rem was $1280.

$1,280 is most likely to be ProCinema 60 not 600. But do upgrade the center speaker if possible.

Cheers

Had been reading this thread and acquired very useful information from many experts here ..

I am also looking for a new HT and decided to register and ask fellow bros for advise:

For AVR, I am considering getting the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K although I am also looking at Onkyo 607 and Denon 2310.

Went KEC today and tested both Onkyo 607 and Denon 2310 with Definitive Tech Mythos speakers and Velodyne spl 800i. The Denon sounds "average" while the Onkyo sounds "aggressive" esp for movies.

But I quite like the aesthetic appeal of the Def Tech speakers. Am thinking of pairing them with the Pioneer 1019. I think KEC does not carry Pioneer, should I get them separately or all from the same place for easy installation?

Have not experienced the Pioneer yet but found quite good review from other AV forums. Quite like the iPhone interface plus my TV is a Pioneer KRP500A so I think will be very compatible in terms of the interfaces and control.

Really need advise from all the bros here... Thanks in advance.

The opp blu Ray player cost $899!!! Wow, days ex but the reviews for it is incredible. Best blu Ray player in cnet reviews. Anyway, so wats missing is a blu Ray player & a tv. Will try to save to get dat oppo player n any recommendtion for tv? I read that to enjoy HDTV n all it's glory, get at least 46". I was thinking of samsung series 8 - 55" led tv? Any comments on dat? Thx again... (this audiophiles hobby is getting more n more ex, man)

Had been reading this thread and acquired very useful information from many experts here ..

I am also looking for a new HT and decided to register and ask fellow bros for advise:

For AVR, I am considering getting the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K although I am also looking at Onkyo 607 and Denon 2310.

Went KEC today and tested both Onkyo 607 and Denon 2310 with Definitive Tech Mythos speakers and Velodyne spl 800i. The Denon sounds "average" while the Onkyo sounds "aggressive" esp for movies.

But I quite like the aesthetic appeal of the Def Tech speakers. Am thinking of pairing them with the Pioneer 1019. I think KEC does not carry Pioneer, should I get them separately or all from the same place for easy installation?

Have not experienced the Pioneer yet but found quite good review from other AV forums. Quite like the iPhone interface plus my TV is a Pioneer KRP500A so I think will be very compatible in terms of the interfaces and control.

Really need advise from all the bros here... Thanks in advance.

Bro

Have you tried the Yamaha AVR? Its "agrression" should be between a Denon & an Onkyo. No comments on Pionerr but their Plasma TV is a 5 star rating.

Def Tech are good system if you like bright sound & its good for movie watching.

Cheers

The opp blu Ray player cost $899!!! Wow, days ex but the reviews for it is incredible. Best blu Ray player in cnet reviews. Anyway, so wats missing is a blu Ray player & a tv. Will try to save to get dat oppo player n any recommendtion for tv? I read that to enjoy HDTV n all it's glory, get at least 46". I was thinking of samsung series 8 - 55" led tv? Any comments on dat? Thx again... (this audiophiles hobby is getting more n more ex, man)

I paid $999 for it as i had it modded to make it region all for my Blurays.

Overall its a solid BR player as it also plays SACD & HDCD. Plus it can upscale my DVDs to make the pix quality look as good

as any bluray movie.

You may want to consider a plasma if youre into HD format. LED is still new & expensive.

Cheers

Bro

Have you tried the Yamaha AVR? Its "agrression" should be between a Denon & an Onkyo. No comments on Pioneer but their Plasma TV is a 5 star rating.

Def Tech are good system if you like bright sound & its good for movie watching.

Cheers

Nope.. Have not tried Yamaha yet... will do next...

Agree with u on the Def Tech speakers... Besides the sound, they look very neat wall mounted beside the TV... and the rear speakers will be "hidden" in the false ceiling as my living room does not have a wall at the rear...

Spoke to KEC today... confirm they do not carry Pioneer... main reason being the retail price is marked up to high in SG... which I find it true by searching the US/UK sites.... the Pioneer 1019 is being sold at USD$450-500, Onkyo 670 marketed at about USD$400 and Denon 2310 about USD$800... but in SG: Onkyo 607 - S$699, Denon 2310 - S$999 while Pioneer 1019 - S$1299.... doesn't sound logical to get Pioneer locally in terms of pricing....

Another option is to order through ebay or amazon and ship in myself...

Any comments?

Edited by FTorres

Nope.. Have not tried Yamaha yet... will do next...

Agree with u on the Def Tech speakers... Besides the sound, they look very neat wall mounted beside the TV... and the rear speakers will be "hidden" in the false ceiling as my living room does not have a wall at the rear...

Spoke to KEC today... confirm they do not carry Pioneer... main reason being the retail price is marked up to high in SG... which I find it true by searching the US/UK sites.... the Pioneer 1019 is being sold at USD$450-500, Onkyo 670 marketed at about USD$400 and Denon 2310 about USD$800... but in SG: Onkyo 607 - S$699, Denon 2310 - S$999 while Pioneer 1019 - S$1299.... doesn't sound logical to get Pioneer locally in terms of pricing....

Another option is to order through ebay or amazon and ship in myself...

Any comments?

Amazon dont ship electronic equipments to Spore. Then again you have to consider the shipping costs & getting a step down transformer

as US electronic equipments has a different voltage from Spore's.

Do audition the yamaha AVR. You'll be surprised.

Cheers

Amazon dont ship electronic equipments to Spore. Then again you have to consider the shipping costs & getting a step down transformer

as US electronic equipments has a different voltage from Spore's.

Do audition the yamaha AVR. You'll be surprised.

Cheers

Oh yes, u r right about the voltage... Tks for the reminder...

Will check out the Yamaha... specifically which model do u recommend?

Oh yes, u r right about the voltage... Tks for the reminder...

Will check out the Yamaha... specifically which model do u recommend?

As again, my usual question, what's your budget? And what HTS are you pairing your AVR with?

an entry level AVR will cost anything from $700 to several thousand.

Cheers