Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

On another note, I have yet to detect discernable improvment when using better HDMI cables.

There's quite a debate about this, but I suspect you need crazy equipment to get the most out of expensive HDMI cables.

You need to run in the cables for a while to seasoned it. I would say, the 1st 100hours will suffice.

Atcually, good HDMI cables are not expensive if you know where to get them. www.xtremeplace.com do have the occasional

Mass Order for Monoprice cables. Its cheap & the quality is top notch.

In fact, i have several of different length.

Cheers

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Onkyo is a good choice.

Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha all good value. I hear good things about Pioneer now, but haven't audiotioned it yet, so don't know.

Have to say though that you should really be heeeding our advice on Jamos.

If you're serious about sound than please match your Onkyo 607 with something better now.

Even if you're not much into music, I don' think yo'll find the Jamos engaging.

heh... really appreciate the advice from u guys :D

but to be honest, after trying out various speakers at different places.... we could not really differentiate or appreciate the quality of the different speakers... but they do sound much better than the all-in-one HTS and provide more details during a movie....

and my wife realli like the jamo speakers for their small with simple design.....

heh... really appreciate the advice from u guys :D

but to be honest, after trying out various speakers at different places.... we could not really differentiate or appreciate the quality of the different speakers... but they do sound much better than the all-in-one HTS and provide more details during a movie....

and my wife realli like the jamo speakers for their small with simple design.....

If i can change your mind, i know of someone selling his B&W M1 speakers - complete set 5 unit of speakers(2nd hand but in mint condition) + brand new ASW608 subwoofer + Yamaha 663 receiver(2nd hand but in mint condition). Only used for 15months.

The pix & specs are located in this link. If you think Jamo is nice, B&W's M1 is more chio-er.

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx...=1325&sc=ht

If youre keen, pm me & I'll put u thru to the seller for discussion. If Im not mistaken, a brand new set is about $3.5K. He's upgrading his system, maybe you can

bargain with him for $1.5K.

Cheers

Edited by vicenzo70

welcome to the LED club :D ..... did u get the samsung one?

think i saw the yamaha set also.... is it the one with the slim yamaha speakers?

the salesmen were telling me that it is quite an old model and does not support a lot of decoding features....

yes at Sitex. the 40 inch one. My fiance - love at first sight for him. :-)

I can only repeat.

Denon AVR 1910 comes with Boston Acoustics CS2310 5.1 speaker package.

$1199 and you can prbably bargain with them or at least try to get them to deliver.

Thanks! will look out for it.

Hi Guys, decided to go for the Onkyo 607 with Jamo 102 speaker set after Courts slashed their price from 1599 to 1299 and including 25m monster cable :)

do u recommend taking up the extended warranty for $209 (5 years)?

hi guys,

i saw a similar promo at Best Denki, its Onkyo 607 together with Onkyo speakers @ $1539.

not really sure on Onkyo speakers coz nve really hear ppl mentionin it b4 and...the speakers are kinda light when i lifted them...any idea?

hi guys,

i saw a similar promo at Best Denki, its Onkyo 607 together with Onkyo speakers @ $1539.

not really sure on Onkyo speakers coz nve really hear ppl mentionin it b4 and...the speakers are kinda light when i lifted them...any idea?

A note of advisory -

Any speakers that are light are usually crap in quality. same goes for a subwoofer. If you can lift the sub with 1 hand with little effort, its also

crappy. Most standard subs weighs a hefty 5kg & above. My Velodyne is already 25kg alone.

Cheers

yo vince !~

seein u here again :D

yap, tats wat i tink oso...cant remember from who i :D heard it from and the sales person at BD insisted that the onkyo speakers are gd buy...

will head down to KEC hopefully next mth to get my HTS for my new plc...gettin excited !

A note of advisory -

Any speakers that are light are usually crap in quality. same goes for a subwoofer. If you can lift the sub with 1 hand with little effort, its also

crappy. Most standard subs weighs a hefty 5kg & above. My Velodyne is already 25kg alone.

Cheers

Hey, how about the Mirage MX5.1 or even Nanosat 5.1? They are small and light as well..I'm not sure abt it's sub but MX5.1 is 800w for amplifier...hmm..

Hey, how about the Mirage MX5.1 or even Nanosat 5.1? They are small and light as well..I'm not sure abt it's sub but MX5.1 is 800w for amplifier...hmm..

hi, i did try out the Mirage MX5.1... but feel that they sound a bit "hollow" (not sure whether its the correct word to describe it)... but the salesman mentioned that it is suppose to sound this way as the speakers were designed for large rooms where it can be truly appreciated....

hi, i did try out the Mirage MX5.1... but feel that they sound a bit "hollow" (not sure whether its the correct word to describe it)... but the salesman mentioned that it is suppose to sound this way as the speakers were designed for large rooms where it can be truly appreciated....

For Mirage/Nano, its better if your place is well padded. Bean bags & carpets helps a lot. This system uses all surround technology & since

sounds bounces off concrete walls, it easily distorts any direct audio or sound from the speakers.

Like i said, these speakers is good in an enclosed environment.

Cheers

For Mirage/Nano, its better if your place is well padded. Bean bags & carpets helps a lot. This system uses all surround technology & since

sounds bounces off concrete walls, it easily distorts any direct audio or sound from the speakers.

Like i said, these speakers is good in an enclosed environment.

Cheers

vicenzo70, u shld be the AV guru for renotalk :)

really impressed with your knowledge on the av stuffs

vicenzo70, u shld be the AV guru for renotalk :)

really impressed with your knowledge on the av stuffs

Haha

Thks for your compliment. Im still learning as well. I just happened to spend a lot of time

in audio shops & managing my own home equipments.

With a modest budget, one can get a solid Home Theater System that will wow your friends & neighbors.

For those embarking on a entry level HTS, dont get confused by the jargons. What's important is

the sound quality & its within your budget.

Ditch those HTiB (Home Theater in a Box) & Soundbars. They may be good looking but they do sound

crappy. Except for the $1,599 Yamaha Sounbar (cant rem the model)

Cheers

haha decided to join this forum after reading all the good info here. For bros who are still looking for hts on a shoestring budget, (like i am) check these out:-

http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/CourtsSt...50(Courts).aspx

http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/CourtsSt...54(Courts).aspx

Price looks good for apparently True HD audio output. Never bought from Courts before, do they provide installation? Hmm... should start a Harvey Norman VS Best Denki Vs Courts thread....

haha decided to join this forum after reading all the good info here. For bros who are still looking for hts on a shoestring budget, (like i am) check these out:-

http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/CourtsSt...50(Courts).aspx

http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/CourtsSt...54(Courts).aspx

Price looks good for apparently True HD audio output. Never bought from Courts before, do they provide installation? Hmm... should start a Harvey Norman VS Best Denki Vs Courts thread....

prices on the website dun seem to be the latest... can try the newspapers :)