Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

Knowing that wired speakers are better in sound quality & clarity

Is there any good solution to have @ least the rear surround speakers to be "wireless"? Don't want to connect from the A/V receiver all the way the back of the living room?

Thx

i read that there are some models from Sony, Panasonic and Samsung that supports wireless surround....

maybe u can check out the CNET reviews here.... Wireless

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

decided to visit Sitex instead and managed to get 2 LCDs for my living room and MBR :)

more details can be found on our T-Blog

might find time to visit Adelphi tomorrow to find something to match our new LED TV :D

hopefully KEC will have some "Sitex" promotions too.....

Edited by garion

Hi Guys, decided to go for the Onkyo 607 with Jamo 102 speaker set after Courts slashed their price from 1599 to 1299 and including 25m monster cable :)

do u recommend taking up the extended warranty for $209 (5 years)?

Hi Guys, decided to go for the Onkyo 607 with Jamo 102 speaker set after Courts slashed their price from 1599 to 1299 and including 25m monster cable :)

do u recommend taking up the extended warranty for $209 (5 years)?

Bro

Keep the 607 but ditch the Jamo. The speakers wont do justice to your receiver.

Did u check for a HTS package from KEC?

Ask COURTS for a better HDMI cable to replace the monster cable. Not many people uses monsters anymore.

Extended warranty also not nescessary as your amp is covered for parts (1 year) & service (3 yrs) But take note

Onkyo amps are well known for heating problems. So keep the receiver in a well ventilated area. If your living room

is air conditioned, its even better.

Another brother in this forum was looking at Onkyo+jamo. But after he heeded my advice & auditioned another speaker

brand, he, too, decided to ditch Jamo.

Hope this helps & enjoy your HTS.

Cheers

if i were u, i dun think i'll take tat. reason being that do u foresee e item being faulty within these 5yrs?

on top of that, wat r e chances that u chg/ upgrade to another set right? also these r so-called stationery

item unlike washing machine/ fridge. just my thoughts :)

It's not a lot to pay for peace of mind.

On the other hand my friends parents bought on Onkyo on my recommendation 7 years ago and the feller is still going strong. But with electronics you never know...

Bro

Keep the 607 but ditch the Jamo. The speakers wont do justice to your receiver.

Did u check for a HTS package from KEC?

Ask COURTS for a better HDMI cable to replace the monster cable. Not many people uses monsters anymore.

Extended warranty also not nescessary as your amp is covered for parts (1 year) & service (3 yrs) But take note

Onkyo amps are well known for heating problems. So keep the receiver in a well ventilated area. If your living room

is air conditioned, its even better.

Another brother in this forum was looking at Onkyo+jamo. But after he heeded my advice & auditioned another speaker

brand, he, too, decided to ditch Jamo.

Hope this helps & enjoy your HTS.

Cheers

thxs bro... wat other brands of cables would u recommend?

i was thinking of putting the onkyo into the console box... but now that u mention the overheating, think i shld just place it on top...

heh... actually too lazy to go down KEC after i saw the promo... maybe i will out the jamo first... if CMI den have to invest again....

if i were u, i dun think i'll take tat. reason being that do u foresee e item being faulty within these 5yrs?

on top of that, wat r e chances that u chg/ upgrade to another set right? also these r so-called stationery

hmm... i might just keep this 607 for quite a number of years if there is no issues.... *fingers crossed*

It's not a lot to pay for peace of mind.

On the other hand my friends parents bought on Onkyo on my recommendation 7 years ago and the feller is still going strong. But with electronics you never know...

wow... 7 yrs ago u already onkyo supporter....

heh... at that time i dun even know wat is a receiver... :D

but my dad bought a marantz around 7 yrs ago too.... still working till today....

thxs bro... wat other brands of cables would u recommend?

i was thinking of putting the onkyo into the console box... but now that u mention the overheating, think i shld just place it on top...

heh... actually too lazy to go down KEC after i saw the promo... maybe i will out the jamo first... if CMI den have to invest again....

Trust me. Jamo 200% CMI. I think even the Yamaha NSP speakers from Audio House sounds better.

Cheers

Hiya

We are moving in to our new place on 20th Dec and still haven't decided on HTS. The Harvey Norman people were promoting a Yamaha system, about $800. Dad has Yamaha and sound is not bad. I have a 8 yr old Denon receiver which I really love though.

What is a good system for about $1000. We already blew our budget for TV by getting a 40 inch LED at Sitex.

Thanks!

Hiya

We are moving in to our new place on 20th Dec and still haven't decided on HTS. The Harvey Norman people were promoting a Yamaha system, about $800. Dad has Yamaha and sound is not bad. I have a 8 yr old Denon receiver which I really love though.

What is a good system for about $1000. We already blew our budget for TV by getting a 40 inch LED at Sitex.

Thanks!

I can only repeat.

Denon AVR 1910 comes with Boston Acoustics CS2310 5.1 speaker package.

$1199 and you can prbably bargain with them or at least try to get them to deliver.

You can't forsee anything with electronics.

Seriously.... how do you know which diode or board in any given piece of equipent is going to fail?

wow... 7 yrs ago u already onkyo supporter....

heh... at that time i dun even know wat is a receiver... :D

but my dad bought a marantz around 7 yrs ago too.... still working till today....

Onkyo is a good choice.

Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha all good value. I hear good things about Pioneer now, but haven't audiotioned it yet, so don't know.

Have to say though that you should really be heeeding our advice on Jamos.

If you're serious about sound than please match your Onkyo 607 with something better now.

Even if you're not much into music, I don' think yo'll find the Jamos engaging.

I settled on the Boston Acoustics, cos overall they were really good for movies and above average for music. With abit of tweaking they're doing better now, but in the price range you're looking, there simply are no Jamos I've heard that don't sound bad.

On another note, I have yet to detect discernable improvment when using better HDMI cables.

I have Tara Labs intercoonnect audio cables and QED speaker cables, which realy do improve my system. listening to the same song with different cables actually result in better sound and I did a blind test to confirm this with my firiends, but I cannot tell a difference watching a movie with different HDMI cables.

There's quite a debate about this, but I suspect you need crazy equipment to get the most out of expensive HDMI cables.

Edited by elfettucine

Hiya

Thanks!

welcome to the LED club :D ..... did u get the samsung one?

think i saw the yamaha set also.... is it the one with the slim yamaha speakers?

the salesmen were telling me that it is quite an old model and does not support a lot of decoding features....