Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

Highly doubt KEC will participate in any events as their business is always by referrals. Plus KEC's exclusive products

are considered as high end & not your usual Samsungs, Sonys or LGs.

Cheers

Edited by El Nino_Al Nito

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went Adelphi today to try 5.1 compact speakers for my room. Was very impressed with KEF KHT3005SE. Only worry was that the width for the 3001SE satellite speakers might post a problem compared to the narrower width of the HTS5001.2. But didn't test out KHT5005.2 because it wasn't setup at the shop.

Came home to measure and indeed, the 3001SE when wall mounted will kena the sides of my tv zzz. So either I tahan the ugly setup or take KHT5005.2 instead. My question is whether the more expensive 5005.2 is a better/equal choice for the ears? Read some reviews that the subwoofer which came with 5002.2 loses out to the subwoofer for 3005SE, is it true?

Hi all

I am actually thinking of getting an Onkyo TX-SR707, Diamond 10 HCP Speakers and a Denon DBP 1610. Now, I am almost a sound nerd so I am not sure if I am picking a good range of products.

Any opinions anybody? Is it worth upgrading to a 7.1 speaker system?

Went Adelphi today to try 5.1 compact speakers for my room. Was very impressed with KEF KHT3005SE. Only worry was that the width for the 3001SE satellite speakers might post a problem compared to the narrower width of the HTS5001.2. But didn't test out KHT5005.2 because it wasn't setup at the shop.

Came home to measure and indeed, the 3001SE when wall mounted will kena the sides of my tv zzz. So either I tahan the ugly setup or take KHT5005.2 instead. My question is whether the more expensive 5005.2 is a better/equal choice for the ears? Read some reviews that the subwoofer which came with 5002.2 loses out to the subwoofer for 3005SE, is it true?

Hi, just wondering whether u audition Morel Music Theater 1 and 2. I heard it m paired with Yamaha 665. I like it but if u have tested it, will to know your view....

I probably will go down to Adelphito test out the others.......

I'm looking for a sound system for my living room at a 4 room hdb flat.

With budget ard $700, any suggestion what decent system i can get?

For movie and mp3/radio and my living is long one, meaning tv is nearest to the sofa. sofa wall to tv wall is around 10feet or 300cm.

Any comments on LG HT762TZ or HT554TM?

Sorry to hijack the topic. I'm currently looking for AV receiver and 5.1 speaker system as well. I've got some recommendations from my colleague in terms of brand:

1) Onkyo - Good punch when watching action movies, but some models with heating problem

2) Denon - A good mix between Onkyo and Marantz

3) Marantz - Good quality music but lack of punch whn it comes to movies

Those are the feedback I got from him, is this true? Basically I dun watch movie or listen to music everyday.. but I would like a good balance though.. My priority is that it should do a good job in 1080p upscaling, with decent sound quality for both movies and music... Can any experts here recommend me something? My budget is less than $1.5k inclusive of speakers (if possible)... Budget can be extended to 2k if a little top-up can give me really value for money differences.. Thanks a lot! :)

Edited by deadrat

Sorry to hijack the topic. I'm currently looking for AV receiver and 5.1 speaker system as well. I've got some recommendations from my colleague in terms of brand:

1) Onkyo - Good punch when watching action movies, but some models with heating problem

2) Denon - A good mix between Onkyo and Marantz

3) Marantz - Good quality music but lack of punch whn it comes to movies

Those are the feedback I got from him, is this true? Basically I dun watch movie or listen to music everyday.. but I would like a good balance though.. My priority is that it should do a good job in 1080p upscaling, with decent sound quality for both movies and music... Can any experts here recommend me something? My budget is less than $1.5k inclusive of speakers (if possible)... Budget can be extended to 2k if a little top-up can give me really value for money differences.. Thanks a lot! :)

You left out yamaha which Im of the opinion is slightly below the Onkyo receivers. Denon is good is you can master their manuals which to me, is a nightmare.

Cheers

Hi, just wondering whether u audition Morel Music Theater 1 and 2. I heard it m paired with Yamaha 665. I like it but if u have tested it, will to know your view....

I haven't tried out Morel yet... been busy. Will go Adelphi this weekend to get my sound systems... will see whether got chance to try Morel b4 that for a final decision. Meanwhile, most likely getting the following 5.1 speakers.

1. Bedroom: KEF KHT5005.2. Left and right wall-mount beside tv. Centre wall-mount on top of tv. Rear ceiling-mount.

2. Living room: KEF KHT3005SE. Ceiling-mount.

I need you guys to suggest 2 suitable amps for the speakers. Budget $1000 and below for each amp, or total below $2000.

Bedroom: For music/gaming/movies/news/ etc but mainly for music.

Living room: For music/gaming/movies/news/ etc but mainly for movies and console gaming.

Please help!!!

Edited by GaaraOfTheSand

I haven't tried out Morel yet... been busy. Will go Adelphi this weekend to get my sound systems... will see whether got chance to try Morel b4 that for a final decision. Meanwhile, most likely getting the following 5.1 speakers.

1. Bedroom: KEF KHT5002.2. Left and right wall-mount beside tv. Centre wall-mount on top of tv. Rear ceiling-mount.

2. Living room: KEF KHT3005SE. Ceiling-mount.

I need you guys to suggest 2 suitable amps for the speakers. Budget $1000 and below for each amp, or total below $2000.

Bedroom: For music/gaming/movies/news/ etc but mainly for music.

Living room: For music/gaming/movies/news/ etc but mainly for movies and console gaming.

Please help!!!

Hi

Are you looking for KEF KHT5005.2 or 5002.2? If its 5005.2, where in the world are you placing your sub & your receiver in the bedroom?

Your centre speaker should be placed under your display unit instead of above to reach optimum enjoyment.

KHT3005SE is a good buy & i would suggest an Onkyo with at least 100W upwards power handling. Cant remember any model off hand.

How much are they quoting for the 3005SE? Forget morel. way too expensive. But if you have cash to burn, go for B&W.

Cheers

Hi

Are you looking for KEF KHT5005.2 or 5002.2? If its 5005.2, where in the world are you placing your sub & your receiver in the bedroom?

Your centre speaker should be placed under your display unit instead of above to reach optimum enjoyment.

KHT3005SE is a good buy & i would suggest an Onkyo with at least 100W upwards power handling. Cant remember any model off hand.

How much are they quoting for the 3005SE? Forget morel. way too expensive. But if you have cash to burn, go for B&W.

Cheers

Typo... should be KHT5005.5. Sub on floor beside my head, next to my bed. My equipments cabinet (which will house the receiver) is beside my head, next to my bed. Have already pulled cables from there to my room tv and where the speakers would be. Thinking of getting a Marantz or Denon up to $1000. Which is better?

As for living room with KHT3005SE, thinking of Yamaha or Onkyo or Pioneer up to $800. Different pp say different things. No chance to try out so dunno which one good.

They're quoting me $2400 for KHT3005SE and $2900 for KHT5005.2 if payment by cash, excluding mounting brackets and installation. If by credit card or installments have to add 3% to 5%. Installation dunno how much. Where else could I get from other than Adelphi?

Typo... should be KHT5005.5. Sub on floor beside my head, next to my bed. My equipments cabinet (which will house the receiver) is beside my head, next to my bed. Have already pulled cables from there to my room tv and where the speakers would be. Thinking of getting a Marantz or Denon up to $1000. Which is better?

As for living room with KHT3005SE, thinking of Yamaha or Onkyo or Pioneer up to $800. Different pp say different things. No chance to try out so dunno which one good.

They're quoting me $2400 for KHT3005SE and $2900 for KHT5005.2 if payment by cash, excluding mounting brackets and installation. If by credit card or installments have to add 3% to 5%. Installation dunno how much. Where else could I get from other than Adelphi?

Bro

If your room is smallish, i would not recommend a full 5.1 system. The sub placement is important as the best place to feel its effect is in front of you, NOT by the side.

For room, i would only suggest a 3.1 system. KHT5005, IMHO, is an overkill, unless your room is big enough, say as big as a living room of a 4room HDB.

Have u considered Deftech pro60 for your bedroom? Its value for money & one of the best system Ive ever owned. It'll give u more budget to invest for your living room HTS.

Marantz receiver is good for for music lovers. Very mellow.

Onkyo & yamaha amps are tight & punchy, extremely good for movie watching.

Take your choice.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers

Bro

For room, i would only suggest a 3.1 system. KHT5005, IMHO, is an overkill, unless your room is big enough, say as big as a living room of a 4room HDB.

Have u considered Deftech pro60 for your bedroom? Its value for money & one of the best system Ive ever owned. It'll give u more budget to invest for your living room HTS.

Marantz receiver is good for for music lovers. Very mellow.

Onkyo & yamaha amps are tight & punchy, extremely good for movie watching.

Deftech pro60 good for music or not? I was actually deciding between this and KHT5005.2 before your post but very tempted to get the 5005.

KEC got sell Marantz amp? Any specific model to recommend for either pro60 or 5005?

If say Yamaha, does RX-V665 pair well with KEF KHT3005SE or you recommend something better?