Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SGBuzz

New Hive

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The single and double basin was driven by need to cut cost. We were quoted almost 1.5 K for a hanging cabinet with solid surface and that's before adding in the basin. So when we saw this, grab lor. :P

$1.5k is ex. For this price, u know the dimension for the vanity counter?

Yeah true. Must save cost where we can. Hehe.

I intend to have something like this in my service balcony for rinsing of clothes because from my layout, there's no toilet access near the washing machine. Thought of buying off the shelves because contractor quoted 970 for sink, tap, solid top and cabinet. Still thinking about it.

$970 is still cheaper that the $1.5k quoted to SGBuzz mate. And urs include the sink and tap.

For my 3 ft vanity counter, I was quoted $700 excluding sink and tap.

Wah bro nice placement anyway i feel that EM the kitchen tend to be very small hor ?

I also find mine very small, difficult to place all the fridge, washer....etc :(

I also find that my kitchen is small. The whole house big big, but kitchen small small. :( I always complain to my hb that I wish the kitchen can be bigger by just one cabinet size. And I'll be super duper happy liao.

eh i cant leh cos my wife only wish list is must have oven though she doesnt know how to bake :bangwall:

Then i will be the guinea pig :~

but she doesn't know how to marinate one leh :~

Hey~ U never know. Maybe ur wife will discover that she has talent in baking and u'll have koufu. :P I also never bake b4 I have my house. Now I bake almost once every week. :)

Marinate and other stuff very ez one lar; there are tonnes of recipes online. :)

Hey~ U never know. Maybe ur wife will discover that she has talent in baking and u'll have koufu. :P I also never bake b4 I have my house. Now I bake almost once every week. :)

Marinate and other stuff very ez one lar; there are tonnes of recipes online. :)

Eh i highly doubted it :(

OTP was signed 2th Nov and to drive down the commission of the new unit (was a negative sale) we got the agent to sell my current unit as well. My unit was sold on the 1st day of open house :)

After the agent submitted the paperwork we were given Feb but the buyer of my unit seems to have "kang tao" in HDB and managed to wrangle a earlier slot.

Good luck on your EM. How much cash are you paying? Location?

I must say you are lucky :) my unit have offer but i cant accept till i find the EM.

NO news yet for my EM Hougang Ave 8 i offered them cov 20k but tat unit needs alot of reno.

Will have news today...but anyway still thinking if i get tat unit how to do up the living area as its kind of small.. :(

The vanity top that was planned is about 5ft. That was what given to the contractor to quote. He cam back top hang with solid top 1.5k i nearly fell out of my chair. :jawdrop:

Anyway i think that contractor is history liao. I cannot imagine that his quote is almost 20K higher than the next highest. % or 10k i can accpet and when i asked the tiles that he's giving me how much? I tot at least $3 but no only $2 max $2.20. Hiaz.....

I must say you are lucky :) my unit have offer but i cant accept till i find the EM.

NO news yet for my EM Hougang Ave 8 i offered them cov 20k but tat unit needs alot of reno.

Will have news today...but anyway still thinking if i get tat unit how to do up the living area as its kind of small.. :(

Ave 8 layout should be pretty similar to mine right?

Sorry for the late reply! :)

About the magnetic wood knife-block, we got it from US.

The one in the kitchen is Wenge wood.

2uj31mp.jpg

Here's the actual thing

SANY0944.jpg

And the one in the living room where we stick our keys is Zebrawood.

27yzerk.jpg

You can see it in the background.

SANY1030-1.jpg

Are you planning to keep knives or just need a normal magnetic block?

Ave 8 layout should be pretty similar to mine right?

Duno lay..still waiting for the floorplan now :) cant wait for the 1st appmt :D

you post your floorplan here? can pm me? mite be the same as yours? ;)

Reduce carpentry work to cut cost bought 2 integrated basin with Cabinets.

MBR Toilet with 2 basin

DSC00078.jpg

Common Toilet with basin

DSC00081.jpg

Welcome to RT.

Definitely good idea to get basin with cabinets... how I wish I think of that earlier... can save $$$

Sorry for the late reply! :)

About the magnetic wood knife-block, we got it from US.

The one in the kitchen is Wenge wood.

2uj31mp.jpg

Here's the actual thing

SANY0944.jpg

And the one in the living room where we stick our keys is Zebrawood.

27yzerk.jpg

You can see it in the background.

SANY1030-1.jpg

Are you planning to keep knives or just need a normal magnetic block?

Use it exactly as you have shown. Can i asked from which store did you get it from? I have a biz trip in Jan and will hunt around. :)

Thanks SGbuzz for yr floorplan my is the flip side of yours..hopefull the measurement is also the same... :) hope to get my today :)