Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ATang

Childproof For Landed Property

Hi to all!

We just bought an inter-terrace house - the house is in pretty good condition so I don't intend to do much renovation. but we do have a 2 year old VERY ACTIVE toddler and am also planning to have another baby soon.

Both hubby and me have never stayed in landed property before. Any advice from the forumers on childproofing for landed property? there's no pond in our garden so that's one less headache.

Things that i'm going to do-

1. install fence in the middle of the front yard to separate the yard from the car pouch. to prevent the kid from being hit by our own car.

2. we have a balcony in the second storey - there are fences now but they are quite wildly spaced. will have to redo that. plus we will always locked the door to the balcony.

there are already railings on the staircase and window grills on every windows. Anything else that i've missed out?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Gate at top of staircase.

Remove thorny plants in garden.

Outdoor area to be stepless so can cycle ard.

Cater for lots of storage space for the kid outdoor toys like sand pit, bicycle, etc.

Install flying fox / monkey bars/ swings.

The risks to the child in each house is different and unique. The following are some of my suggestions:

a. Do an inspection of the house wearing the hat of the child

b. Produce a checklist on the risk that your child could encounter such as risks in the kitchen, risks in the bedroom, etc... item by item

c. Think and decide which are the risk you think should be protected against.

Besides the normal fencing up of windows, reduce the steps in the house, other risk may include slippery floor, sharp corners, low stove, etc...