Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
purecat

我家就是 易财二世

haiz... will anyone want to buy ? will the shop allow trade in ? The invoice only written Electrolux Hob and the model no..... and the display unit dont have model no. also....

actually i dont even know if they quote wrongly the price ?...

maybe tml i ask what is the price of the tamper glass first... glass cost more than stainless steel ? anyone know ?

I am certain i was quoted for the glass one. She even say since it is the 3rd time we are buying... she will give me a special discount...

/... sob... :(

Cheer up cheer up. :)

Stay positive, gal. Some shops will take it back so long u not buying from big stores (eg. Courts, HN).

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Cheer up cheer up. :)

Stay positive, gal. Some shops will take it back so long u not buying from big stores (eg. Courts, HN).

Thanks. For now I will pray hard ...

Good News cant wait to share. :D

Shirley from Lion City Company agreed to change for me FOC ! ( despite no box liao , so we told her we will bring our box ( same size, they just need to change the sticker label) to return on her on coming saturday)

What a relief!

Here's the story, I went down with husband during lunch ( took time off), asked if she remembers me. And she said yes. I asked if she remember what i bought, then i point to the display hood and Hob. She said yes, then i ask if she could help me check the invoice. Then she asked me what happened.We told her we received the stainless steel one but only realised yesterday, but contractor already throw off the box when they took measurement for the hole to cut the solid surface.

She say is ok, they made the mistake and agreed a change. Her husband looked at the invoice and say model no. not wrongly delivered . Then I told him, we only check the model no. on box to the invoice , hence didnt expect it to be stainless steel model n not glass.

But Shirley ( lady boss) remembered. She told her husband she quoted me for the glass but her staff invoice wrongly and we are long time customers for more than 10 yrs , hence shouldnt short change us ( which is true, 1st flat in woodlands was in 1998, then current 4 room 6 yrs back, then this 5 room). For once, I felt so glad that we always come back to this shop !( I Brought along the old invoice for current 4 room if needed to prove our loyalty)

Loyalty does pay off !

So I will take this opportunity to promote for them. Prices wise, they are quite good. My fridge, washing machine, fans recommended by them then are antiques by now but still going strong !

However they may not carry every brand ( which explain why we buy our Sony TV from Courts instead). Hence go to big retailers, get the model and the price, then check out this shop and bargain !

Lion City Company

684 Geylang Road Singapore 389608. Tel 67483367 , 67411032 . Closes on Sunday.

Edited by purecat

Good News cant wait to share. :D

Shirley from Lion City Company agreed to change for me FOC ! ( despite no box liao , so we told her we will bring our box ( same size, they just need to change the sticker label) to return on her on coming saturday)

What a relief!

Here's the story, I went down with husband during lunch ( took time off), asked if she remembers me. And she said yes. I asked if she remember what i bought, then i point to the display hood and Hob. She said yes, then i ask if she could help me check the invoice. Then she asked me what happened.We told her we received the stainless steel one but only realised yesterday, but contractor already throw off the box when they took measurement for the hole to cut the solid surface.

She say is ok, they made the mistake and agreed a change. Her husband looked at the invoice and say model no. not wrongly delivered . Then I told him, we only check the model no. on box to the invoice , hence didnt expect it to be stainless steel model n not glass.

But Shirley ( lady boss) remembered. She told her husband she quoted me for the glass but her staff invoice wrongly and we are long time customers for more than 10 yrs , hence shouldnt short change us ( which is true, 1st flat in woodlands was in 1998, then current 4 room 6 yrs back, then this 5 room). For once, I felt so glad that we always come back to this shop !( I Brought along the old invoice for current 4 room if needed to prove our loyalty)

Loyalty does pay off !

So I will take this opportunity to promote for them. Prices wise, they are quite good. My fridge, washing machine, fans recommended by them then are antiques by now but still going strong !

However they may not carry every brand ( which explain why we buy our Sony TV from Courts instead). Hence go to big retailers, get the model and the price, then check out this shop and bargain !

Lion City Company

684 Geylang Road Singapore 389608. Tel 67483367 , 67411032 . Closes on Sunday.

Great news! U must be very happy. :D.

Told u if u bought from shops rather than big retailers, it is quite possible to change. :)

hi purecat! wow.. your place is looking good! love that kitchen woodgrain that you have chosen... :D more pix!

thanks Tigertgr. Photos may have to wait. Meantime will keep all in suspense for a while.

probably after we shift in bah... going to handover soon... now is checking for flaws which need minor fixing before end of this week, then left one week for own cleaning plus shift in.

Great news! U must be very happy. :D.

Told u if u bought from shops rather than big retailers, it is quite possible to change. :)

I lost my appetite entirely yesterday.

yes elated really. Thanks Mickey... actually really didnt expect to be this smooth..

I just compiled a list of areas where needed rectifications/or outstanding and emailed to Allan...

I am wondering are we too picky ? Had we look that much in our past flats ?... maybe because we really hope this will be our final flat liao.. then getting more choosy ?

Painting

Wonder why they change the painter? The first myanmar guy was very good, quite pleased with the intial stages ( white base paint + 1st layer of colour paint ) But this 2nd painter, a plumper guy was very sloppy in his work. So you see tiny holes not plastered first before painting or bubbles or pop up ( because too generous with paint ) and the door frames painted were not in a straight line.

I actually stopped him on sunday and ask Allan to contact this guy's supervisor to ask him to go back. He probably hated me to core... when he left, he actually SLAM my master bedroom door !!! Horrible attitude.

Hence now bulk of outstanding will be alot of sandpapering and paint touchups.

Dirty Grout Lines & checking of existing grout lines

Btw how do you all fixed those grout lines ? WIll there be some that look dark after one washing ? Some on the walls look yellow, i am asking if using white cement to touch up will help conceal ?

Also some of the floor tiles will need a thorough check for white cement not properly filled before the buffering ( polishing process) + window latch areas.

Daughter's wardrobe laminate touchup

Are " dark" joint lines acceptable for pink wardrobe ? I actually think is due to wrong size of laminate cut ? Haiz.. for cabinets i sort of regretted. Should have insisted on Veneer instead of laminate. Veneer at least can be painted in years to come.. Now laminate, i have to worry how long its lifespan will be ? Better park this thinking.

Cleaning of tiles which genna paint

Again painter guys problem.... there are remaining paint that need to be removed : kitchen wall tiles, balcony floor & toilet floor tiles.

Conclusion

You cant imagine how many yellow post it stickers i used for the walls that need paint or plaster touch up ! Aiyoh... to think painting covers like 70 % of the house. Haiz.. and it is also this now that makes us look deeper to see where else need fixes.

Anywhere i havent look ? Please let me know . Thanks

I lost my appetite entirely yesterday.

yes elated really. Thanks Mickey... actually really didnt expect to be this smooth..

gratz purecat! why lost appetite, should be having a enormous appetite leh. cos a burden off the shoulders. :lol:

Conclusion

You cant imagine how many yellow post it stickers i used for the walls that need paint or plaster touch up ! Aiyoh... to think painting covers like 70 % of the house. Haiz.. and it is also this now that makes us look deeper to see where else need fixes.

One place that they often don't paint is the top of the door, which i think is quite sloppy practice. Makes it harder to wipe dust if there's no paint at all.

I just compiled a list of areas where needed rectifications/or outstanding and emailed to Allan...

I am wondering are we too picky ? Had we look that much in our past flats ?... maybe because we really hope this will be our final flat liao.. then getting more choosy ?

Painting

Wonder why they change the painter? The first myanmar guy was very good, quite pleased with the intial stages ( white base paint + 1st layer of colour paint ) But this 2nd painter, a plumper guy was very sloppy in his work. So you see tiny holes not plastered first before painting or bubbles or pop up ( because too generous with paint ) and the door frames painted were not in a straight line.

I actually stopped him on sunday and ask Allan to contact this guy's supervisor to ask him to go back. He probably hated me to core... when he left, he actually SLAM my master bedroom door !!! Horrible attitude.

Hence now bulk of outstanding will be alot of sandpapering and paint touchups.

Dirty Grout Lines & checking of existing grout lines

Btw how do you all fixed those grout lines ? WIll there be some that look dark after one washing ? Some on the walls look yellow, i am asking if using white cement to touch up will help conceal ?

Also some of the floor tiles will need a thorough check for white cement not properly filled before the buffering ( polishing process) + window latch areas.

Daughter's wardrobe laminate touchup

Are " dark" joint lines acceptable for pink wardrobe ? I actually think is due to wrong size of laminate cut ? Haiz.. for cabinets i sort of regretted. Should have insisted on Veneer instead of laminate. Veneer at least can be painted in years to come.. Now laminate, i have to worry how long its lifespan will be ? Better park this thinking.

Cleaning of tiles which genna paint

Again painter guys problem.... there are remaining paint that need to be removed : kitchen wall tiles, balcony floor & toilet floor tiles.

Conclusion

Unfortunately, for color laminates, the joint lines are usually more obvious. White laminates will be even more obvious. Some will even choose to paint the joint lines.

I removed all the paint stains on the flooring, wall tiles, etc, with thinner myself.. hee.

Don't paste Post-It on the walls for too much. If not, the adhesive will be left on the walls. Then u end up having to spend some time to clean the walls too.