Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

We got a quotation from EI during last march as well... think the ID name is Frankie...

Nice guy... detailed, friendly and humorous... but i think generally for EI, you have to be patient with them... business too good liao... :jammin:

p.s. But in the end we did not engage EI, as we are looking for something more designer. :P ..EI provides reliable services but design-wise needs to be slightly improvise... (juz my 2 cents worth)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, just like to share my experience when sourcing for quotation from the following iD firms:

- A-Win

Basically is a contractor company with not much design input. Very brief quotation and not cheap.

- U-Home

Recommended by friend. One of our 3 short-listed companies. A friendly and sincere guy with practical experience. Able to point out problems which our design might face in view of the layout. Reasonable quotation.

- Fuse Concept

Decline our request to meetup to discuss our needs. Send my floorplan and items we intended to do to him via email instead. Get back to us only after 1 month. Requested him to send the quotation to us first via email but to-date still have not received.

- IntraDesign

One of our 3 short-listed companies. Wow-ed by the design drawings which they showed us on our 2nd visit. No breakdown for quotation but all items are listed in details and overall price is reasonable (esp impressed by the quality of finishes they provide).

- Ideal House

Approached with high expectation due to positive feedback from forum. Disappointed at the ID assigned to us who is extremely young and inexperience. During our discussion, the ID did not take note of the specific things we want. The result - the quotation is a mess, grossly over-budget with things we did not ask for.

First impression quite good. However, ID went overseas during our 2nd appointment without informing us. Can't get through him on his phone the night before the appointment. Terribly late when we did meet up at our new flat to discuss. Mentioned going to the wrong address etc. Quotation on the high side.

- Unimax

ID appears very arrogant. Inflexible in adapting the design to our practical need. To date, we have not received their quotation. Guess they can't be bother about small fishes like us...

- Plush Living

So far our experience with them is good. Lots of sharing of designs and ideas during 1st and 2nd meetings. Reasonable quotation. Chosen as our ID. Seems to have a good balance between design input and practical experience.

- Earnest

Patient and friendly sales. Not pushy. Less design input. Quotation not cheap.

Sincere and efficient iD. Appear a bit pushy. Quotation does not include price of tiles. Difficult to do comparison with other iD firms.

- Inner View

After 1st meeting, to-date we have not received the quotation. Staffs appear to be quite slack in the office.

During the meeting, ID has mentioned their prices will be on the high side. To date, we have not received their quotation so I guess they are not interested.

Hi , my id is Ben from EI and i agree that they are not the pushy sales id . They working more on customer budget . His design input is not so fantasti but practical. Say my kitchen design is casement type rather than push-up type, he told me that the hydraulic door will not last long and need to replace after few years. Can anyone feedback on push up door with hydraulic , any problems ?

Hi , aft 3 wks of reno, can say that EI tiling wk is good bec. the gap of my wall tiles is very neat. Before laying, i hve specified my id that i want the tiler who has done up the shwflat wh. i viewed at Tampines. So far, the mansory work has not disappointing me yet , now looking forward for ceiling & carpentry wk, hopefully no surprise nel....

Hi,

Can someone PM me Frankie and Benedict's contact?

Thks...

Hi , you can just go to their website, www.earnest-interiors.com to post an enquiry, just like me.

Hehe. Thats a HDB 4 room flat @ Compassvale link call Aspella. The one beside Buangkok MRT.

You are staying at 277C right? I'm staying next block, now looking around for IDs. :)

Anyone kind enough to PM Benedict and Frankie's contacts to me? Thanks in advance.

my id said that his factory is very tight now and can only deliver my carpentry next two weeks, seems like a bit longer than i expected .I ask him why takes so long , the reason he gave me that not enough manpower. He said he had tried his best to chase his carpenter but the delivery date is still cannot confirmed. Actually i want to complete my reno before jun , a bit worried now .... :(

Have met with Frankie 2 weeks ago to tell him about our ideas.We are now waiting for the quotation.It has been more than 2 weeks (He promised us 2 weeks)Hopefully he can get back to us soon.Pretty distressing when something promised to you is not fulfilled. Guess they are too busy to work on a project that is too low(Cheap) :(

Have met with Frankie 2 weeks ago to tell him about our ideas.We are now waiting for the quotation.It has been more than 2 weeks (He promised us 2 weeks)Hopefully he can get back to us soon.Pretty distressing when something promised to you is not fulfilled. Guess they are too busy to work on a project that is too low(Cheap) :(

What's your budget for the reno?

my id said that his factory is very tight now and can only deliver my carpentry next two weeks, seems like a bit longer than i expected .I ask him why takes so long , the reason he gave me that not enough manpower. He said he had tried his best to chase his carpenter but the delivery date is still cannot confirmed. Actually i want to complete my reno before jun , a bit worried now .... :(

Hi Wusha

Any update on your carpentary? Who is ur id?

Understand that James is one of the partner in EI and there is another few more partners in charge of showroom & factory . Now then i know that James is in charge of commercial , because our office and lab at Science Pk was done by EI and was handled by him . My boss and colleagues all have very good comments about his services and this has prompted us to engage EI as our ID for our new hse. And I hope everything will goes well.

Hi Bluesea

Do you know who are the other partners of Earnest? Who is handling complaints?

Hi Wusha

Any update on your carpentary? Who is ur id?

Hi Bluesea

Do you know who are the other partners of Earnest? Who is handling complaints?

*deleted

Edited by plasterger