Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

A Home In Singapore

Is it my eyes? Look like the partition is slanted or something?

I think it looks slanted if taken with reference to that brown door. That door is ajar thats why it makes the partition look slanted.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I think it looks slanted if taken with reference to that brown door. That door is ajar thats why it makes the partition look slanted.

Yeah, you're right. Because the "black" door was dismantled and lean on the wall. I think the partition is correct, at least when we did a site visit, it doesn't occur to us to be odd.

Yeah, you're right. Because the "black" door was dismantled and lean on the wall. I think the partition is correct, at least when we did a site visit, it doesn't occur to us to be odd.

did u manage to hack away the door frame and tilt your door? Or it is kind of like just adding a frame to tilt it?

We actually hack away the old door frame and add a new frame to tilt it.

sounds cool! Who do it for u? Lina? Did u tilt the gate too?

Yeah, of course my contractor who did it :D

I did not tilt the gate, i think that one is more tricky and might cost more, so we didn't do it.

Yeah, of course my contractor who did it :D

I did not tilt the gate, i think that one is more tricky and might cost more, so we didn't do it.

so u got ur approval? :D Glad for u!!

Edited by samgalz

The ugly aircon trunking

Due to the recommendation of FSM, the aircon locations make the life of GC men difficult. Although, when I knew the aircon location, I realized it's actually the best location for every aircon in the room, example: in the bedroom, the aircon won't blow directly to you.

Hence, I insist on having the aircon on those locations. Initially the were not receptive because the amount of troubles. And they also worry that putting the aircon on those locations will make the house "ugly" because of the trunkings that have to go around.

Initially, they even want to tear down my old wardrobe to put the aircon in the living room. I was ready to give up, but finally they have another solution with the truning showing up in the living room. I took this route. Hopefully, I could have some ideas to "hide" those ugly trunkings.

Behold ... the ugly trunkings.

4473845066_0dce12b4f1_o.png

4473069683_e7fceff587_b.jpg

The ugly aircon trunking

Due to the recommendation of FSM, the aircon locations make the life of GC men difficult. Although, when I knew the aircon location, I realized it's actually the best location for every aircon in the room, example: in the bedroom, the aircon won't blow directly to you.

Hence, I insist on having the aircon on those locations. Initially the were not receptive because the amount of troubles. And they also worry that putting the aircon on those locations will make the house "ugly" because of the trunkings that have to go around.

Initially, they even want to tear down my old wardrobe to put the aircon in the living room. I was ready to give up, but finally they have another solution with the truning showing up in the living room. I took this route. Hopefully, I could have some ideas to "hide" those ugly trunkings.

4473845066_0dce12b4f1_o.png

4473069683_e7fceff587_b.jpg

May I ask who is the fsm? The trunking is not exactly ugly. I mean you simply cant hide everything unless you are willing to spend more $$$ to box up!

Cheers.

The ugly aircon trunking

I am also really irritated with those thick aircon trunking... One even goes vertically across my wall.. sian (No choice cos the water from the aircon has to flow with a gradient to some outlet in the toilets) .. Have to think of creative ideas to make it less ugly or use it as part of the designs...

Edited by hongwen37

hi... did you eventually get the dining table? any pics??

i got one custom made to size in Pasardina in Dempsey.... think I kena major kena chop carrot coz my fiancee was with me and i got quoted ang moh prices!! anyway, happy with it, so never mind.

Eventually, our dining table is not ready in time.

S&C Furniture would provide us a loan set for our move-in.

Our dining tables would only ready in 6 weeks time (which means 4 more weeks). :(

hi... did you eventually get the dining table? any pics??

i got one custom made to size in Pasardina in Dempsey.... think I kena major kena chop carrot coz my fiancee was with me and i got quoted ang moh prices!! anyway, happy with it, so never mind.

The house is almost ready. HO date is in 4 days time.

Here are some pics of the Kitchen Cabinets (before the doors installation)

dapur%202.jpg

dapur%201.jpg

With doors

dapur%20ijo.jpg

And this is the 3D drawing provided by my wife.

kitchen.jpg

Anyone who needs 3D drawing service, can contact us :D