Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

A Home In Singapore

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just finished site visit.

The progress is good.

- They are doing the 3rd layer of water proofing now.

- Toilet wall tiles are up despite the hiccup and some parts are not done because they didn't have enough tiles (due to hiccup).

- Carpenter has come and measure everything. He took back our Song Cho Dish Drainer for measurement. :(

- The walls from the previous door of the bedroom has been sealed up.

- The new door frame is also up.

- Aircons have been dismantled (by Gaincity).

3 more weeks.

We forgot to take photos ... too tired already.

No problem. Maybe it's best I take the photos of them also.

We're going to lightings.com.sg this weekend and IKEA, want to go?

Haa.. dont think going cos we just went lightings.com.sg the day before and decided on which lights we want... But havent buy...

Furniture also not so early buying..

Haa... your reno progress seems to have overtaken mine.. My ID (Darren) had something on for the past week, supposed to bring us to buy the toilet and lighting stuff.. So, now tiling and windows done but cannot proceed cos havent meet up to discuss the next stage, like the electrical, carpentry, design, etc... luckily we not in a rush...

By the way Niko, just to let you know, we happened to receive a letter from OpenNet to install fibre optics for the next generation high speed cable.. so we intending to do it the same time as the electrical, so that the wiring can be concealed in the L Box... if you are doing L Box or what, better contact them to ask about this (can arrange for them to come down and run the cable, takes only half a day).... they are slowly installing for the whole of singapore..

Oh .. cool. Most probably, we'll go lightings.com.sg and ask them to prepare and deliver for us. Although lightings can wait, I'd rather settle everything first.

For IKEA, actually i would be buying the inner drawers and would ask the carpenter to install them for my kitchen cabinets. I would only buy credenza and study table from IKEA.

My reno is not a lot. My tiling jobs are only restricted to toilets and other small area, that's why it's faster.

Tonight, I'll type in the sanitary ware accessories that we bought.

Ah, good for you that the OpenNet is so fast. For my area it should be around June-Aug period. We already have an L box but we can not wait for them. So would ask them to open up the L box and run down the cable in future and ask my contractor to seal it up again.

We are targeting to move in by mid-april :D

I need to change my window grille lock. Anyone knows cheap contacts to do job ?

In total, I have 9 window grille lock..

Brother ossify ... u got contacts for this?

I need to change my window grille lock. Anyone knows cheap contacts to do job ?

In total, I have 9 window grille lock..

Brother ossify ... u got contacts for this?

sorry, i'm on holiday :D just call any trustworthy locksmith. or DIY :D

hi ngunadi, i'm planning to look for contractor if i have time to design the flat myself. Just wanna check did you just supply the contractor with the floor plan design? Or your wife came up with 3D drawings? I have no problem with the floor plan software but 3D drawings are killing me :wacko:

BTW, i assume u're not changing the windows and window grilles... have you done anything to "renew" them? Besides changing the locks/handles i mean... Cause that was what one of the IDs reccomended when i told them i want to change all the windows and grilles in order to save cost. But when i went back to look at the window again... really cmi... want to change... then again, its an area to save cost

I will try to upload some pics today. Quite busy lately :D

And I didn't change the window grill lock at all. I decided to try to open up the lock, so the grill would be left unlocked (DIY method :D).

I think you should postpone change the grilles because changing the grilles can be done anytime.

We gave our contractor the floor plan, some details drawing regarding toilet vanity top, partitions and tv panel. My wife would come with the 3D drawings. However, since we don't have any fancy designs, the 3D drawings are not essentials.

If you contact my contractor, i think she could help on those things also.

Yo! Yesterday we went jalan jalan around Jalan besar too, to look at lights and toilet accessories.. Went to GR Marketing too.. Poh Joo was closed... Are the prices at these shops cheap? Do put down the prices of the stuff that you bought for our references... Thanks!!!

i'm also interested to see the pics + prices of the stuff you bought! pls share.. :D

I will try to upload some pics today. Quite busy lately :D

And I didn't change the window grill lock at all. I decided to try to open up the lock, so the grill would be left unlocked (DIY method :D).

I think you should postpone change the grilles because changing the grilles can be done anytime.

We gave our contractor the floor plan, some details drawing regarding toilet vanity top, partitions and tv panel. My wife would come with the 3D drawings. However, since we don't have any fancy designs, the 3D drawings are not essentials.

If you contact my contractor, i think she could help on those things also.

Have you considered removing the grilles? Unless there's children or you expecting children to visit, personally i feel no grilles is also quite nice :P

Yeah can't help feeling excited over the new stuff :D photos photos

Have you considered removing the grilles? Unless there's children or you expecting children to visit, personally i feel no grilles is also quite nice :P

Yeah can't help feeling excited over the new stuff :D photos photos

Ya.. My house has no grilles now.. Look much much better than with grilles.. at least doesnt seem to be staying in "prison" now..

Ya.. My house has no grilles now.. Look much much better than with grilles.. at least doesnt seem to be staying in "prison" now..

for me big no-no cos got one active boy at home. weekends worse. 2 more monster invading planet home! so have to have grilles :bangwall: