Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

A Home In Singapore

Back to reno work mode now :D

@wizi I agree, the balcony is such a small space and it's really silly. Anyway, we decided to bring them in as part of the living room due to relayout.

@ossify We definitely not going to get ID. My wife has a degree in architect and she would be the ID :P I think I would consider Eubiq due to cost issue :D

Hi Ngunadi,

Wifey has a degree in architect, so I believe she should be pretty gd with reno, interior design and space planning. :). So u shouldn't be facing too many problems. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

How much did your ID or contractor quote you for your reno works? Im interested to know the cost to get e LG solid surface too!

Sigh ... Another setback.

The 2nd appointment would be delayed until 09/03. This is due to seller unable to settle any outstanding amount with HDB.

However, I still request for seller to move out on 01/03 and get the keys for HO on the same day. I would also ask him to sign for the HDB Renovaton Permit application. So, at least on 09/03 I could start the renovation. (Otherwise, I don't think we could sign as the flat is not legally ours yet.)

The HDB should have done their homework and ensure all the payments arrears settled on the 1st appointment.

That is nicely put. This one is really baffled me.

Do I look like this ?

2253751182_e2ffa0e47b.jpg

I think we won't choose this contractor. I feel the quotation is too absurd. Don't want to waste energy/time for both sides to negotiate it.

Hi ngunadi, over heard your posting, it is good that we both don't waste time further if you do not find the price suitable to you. Well, i would like to say for listening/ came back to you with your requested full quote in detail: Hacking/Tiling/Tiles supply/ Plumbing/Electrical/Carpentry & Fixture fabrication with a total price of $20K is not seeing you as carrot, and we never ever think you as a carrot.

$1900 for painting of 20 Kitchen doors is ex which is correct, we may hire a indianA worker to ICI the door within a day that cost you only less than $100 (including paint purchase)- which is also correct, how about not you thinking out of the box? why price so ex? instead of keep thinking people trying to carrot you? See this, we want to do your job in a more professional way- dismantle all hinges & handles- deliver back to factory- apply a base coat so that it is more lasting- spray painting 2-3 coats- deliver back to work side and install with new hinges, Those are the procedure we are looking at, not half pass six job.

Hope to see your understanding...And, hoped you stop seeing yourself as a carrot from now on :dunno:

Hi ngunadi

any reason why the FSM wanted you to do the 10" tilt? i think u need HDB permit on that as I read another forumner's blog. she has similar requirements from FSM too. hopefully my FSM won't give me these headache issues. :bangwall:

Edited by samgalz

Yeah, if can not, most probably we would not tilt the door also.

I will check this with my contractor

Is it possible to do the tilt? My contractor says they can built another frame inside. If hack main door, my contractor say HDB unlikely to approve.

Is it possible to do the tilt? My contractor says they can built another frame inside. If hack main door, my contractor say HDB unlikely to approve.

Possible, Eugela of Shunfu got approval. See my link above to her T-blog

@samgalz Thanks for the info.

I have thought hard for my kitchen. This is the possible arrangement for my kitchen zones.

4403659200_34852aaea7_o.png

Ideally, I have another counter top + full height cabinet to store my food (cabinet-pantry) and to put my electric kettle, microwave and oven (for light baking).

Due to budget constraint, I think it's for other time. Now, I would just make use with what we have.

Tomorrow, gog to bring my contractor to see the tiles we've chosen.

Maybe, we also go to Soon Bee Huat to see other range of tiles.

Hopefully can get cheaper alternatives. The tiles are too expensive.

Tomorrow, gog to bring my contractor to see the tiles we've chosen.

Maybe, we also go to Soon Bee Huat to see other range of tiles.

Hopefully can get cheaper alternatives. The tiles are too expensive.

Bro, ask for discount :D

SBH always give discounts. Reno started yet?

Bro, ask for discount :D

SBH always give discounts. Reno started yet?

hmm ...

I went to SBH @ balestier and the saleslady said never have discount and keep persisting in it. I have to ask my contractor about it.

Yeah, reno started on 09/03, now they are still doing hacking. Should finish by tomorrow.

Tiling job should start on Saturday/Monday (slight delay due the delay in uplifting of the goods).

living%20reno.jpg

dapur%20reno.jpg