Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GaaraOfTheSand

Ergonomic Chairs: Herman Miller, Ergoworks, Steelcase Etc

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have a 3 months old ergonomic chair from Ergoworks, RH LOGIC 400 XL (priced at S$1600) for sales.

Neck Rest - can be adjusted by height and depth

Backrest - generous adjustable lumbar support, providing comfort for entire back

Angle of the backrest - can be adjusted seaparately, enhancing individual comfort and support

Seat Height and Depth - can be adjusted quickly and simply, controls can be accessed even when seated and are marked with

pictograms to make them easy to understand.

Correct height improves blood flow to the legs while correct seat angle provides better comfort and support

Lumbar Support - provides extra support for the lower back and consequently, for the entire back. The pump adjusts the amount of air in a

lumbar cushion, providing extra support.

Armrests - are height and width adjustable. Can be rotated, highly recommend armrests as they provide support for the shoulders, giving you

comfort for long periods at your desk and ultimately long term health benefits.

Base - polished aluminium

Castors suitable also for parquet

Color - Black

Synthetic leather

May request for viewing.

Strictly SELF-COLLECT

SMS me yr quote at slimth00@yahoo.com.sg if interested

http://www.ergoworks.com.sg/rh.html

Edited by stevelim

Hi guys, if you're looking for an affordable high quality office chair, please take a look at the Kid2Youth Slim Chair. It feels as comfortable as some of the Herman Miller chairs but won't empty your wallet Kid2Youth Slim Chair. The retail price is $699 but there is a discount of $100 during the promotional launch period.

TCSLIMG.jpg

TCSLIMG_1.jpg

TCSLIMO_1.jpg

TCSLIMO_2.jpg

TCSLIMG_3.jpg

Edited by lordofkatong

zzz only ngunadi and I posting...

Anyway I went to try Steelcase's Leap and Think. Both chairs are very adjustable. Posture support definietly better than Aeron for short-thighs pp like me, and don't have to worry about table height... somemore got headrest. But dunno whether it's because the Steelcase showroom was quite warm... the Leap chair, which is suppose to be Steelcase's best, felt quite warm and not as comfortable as the rest. Ok lah still within my consideration.

Aeron's promotion ending on 13 Feb but think I'll give it a miss ba although very tempted.

Will try Humanscale and maybe also Knoll after CNY.

Hey, did you check out Humanscale and Knoll eventually? What chair did you settle for?

I'm interested in the Humanscale World Chair...

Hi guys, try Studio 1961 for their executive chairs. Though it is replica, however it is very comfy, price just at $790.

Just checked, Duorest Alpha is $1600 ...

They have another one for $699. But i think the price is too steep :(

Just realized, IKEA chairs are also not cheap

I use the Aeron chair and have used it in my past 2 working places

Great plus points

- cool, material doies not retain heat

- comfortable

- adjust to your "perfect" position

- comfy armrest too

-ve

- Pricey.especially in SIngapore

So Zero complaints!!, if i work from home more i be serious abt investing in one,

Only issues i heard is a colleague who said the chair caused them neck aches etc...maybe you can google it "neckache aeron" etc

The nearest i got to owning this chair is when my current company closed one of its offices and sold the chair for $200 needless to say all were snapped up by the workers who went mobile (work from home)..all 100 pieces!!!

If you come across a company doing new purchase...the new chair can be had for as little as $850 (this was abt 3 years ago) if you join the bulk /corporate purchase..not sure what the min chair order is.

I am surprised to hear they will honor the warranty even if purchased from overseas....these chairs are much cheaper in the US!!

pls keep us updated on the warranty....sounds promising

anyway i feel the chairs are dam durable...i only heard of cases where the castors (wheels) cracking....other than that no issues

Aeron is my dream work chair ....no opinions about the embody never tried.....but all the same with my +ve experience with the Aeron...think you can rest assured this company has some great chairs in their DNA

They lay claim to the original Eames Lounge chair ;->

zzz only ngunadi and I posting...

Anyway I went to try Steelcase's Leap and Think. Both chairs are very adjustable. Posture support definietly better than Aeron for short-thighs pp like me, and don't have to worry about table height... somemore got headrest. But dunno whether it's because the Steelcase showroom was quite warm... the Leap chair, which is suppose to be Steelcase's best, felt quite warm and not as comfortable as the rest. Ok lah still within my consideration.

Aeron's promotion ending on 13 Feb but think I'll give it a miss ba although very tempted.

Will try Humanscale and maybe also Knoll after CNY.

I called up the Herman Miller office in Singapore and asked about the warranty thingy. The guy who answered the phone told me that even if the chair is purchased from overseas, as long as it's from an authorised dealer, I can still request Xtra (the local dealer) to service the warranty at no charge. If really true then hor seh liao... but dunno that guy blur or not leh. Would someone kindly call them to double confirm?

Steelcase showroom only opens on weekdays and only until 6pm zzzz... will visit them next week to try out their chairs then decide.

How much is the Embody in Singapore?

I am interested to get a good chair like this also.

$2799 locally but dunno whether got better lobang here or not. Very tempted to get from overseas but must have the warranty question answered first.

I'm looking for an ergonomic chair for use at home. I spend between 4 to 16 hours infront of my home computer everyday. So far I've tried sitting on Herman Miller's Aeron, Herman Miller's Embody and Duorest Alpha from Ergoworks.

Embody feels the most comfortable.

Duorest has many adjustable parts and supports my sitting posture well.

Aeron doesn't really feel as comfortable for me. Maybe it's because the seat depth cannot be adjusted.

I'm contemplating to order an Embody from USA. With shipment is about $800 to $1000 cheaper than buying in Singapore. But my worry is whether the warranty still applies here loh... anyone knows?

Anyone using Duorest chairs? Got problem or not?

How much are Steelcase chairs selling in Singapore?