Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

bro reuben, got to be careful when buying these toilet furniture from Ikea. my mum got similar ones there and it started rotting pretty soon after installing. think u got to DIY and waterproof it like ossify.

Hi Reuben

I'm not anti-ikea but got to agree with Samgalz. My Ikea bookcase behind all rotting already, and that's in "dry land". So in toilet, I would imagine worse. So far, don't have good experience with wood products from them.

Wah, I duno Ikea stuff so fragile ler.....I will keep it in mind!!! Thank you thank you!!! That's why need to ask in RT before do anything! lol....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Froggy: me at anchorvale but somewhat same cos we also have a single panel window to the ledge so the main thing is to have a compressor that can fit the window so we can bring it out mah. but hor, cannot be that ALL sys 3 and above cannot rite? hear already also feel so ridiculous. I jus dun even bother to waste my breath retorting him or else sure make him speechless!

pinktini: thanks for the contact, I already called england's contact to do site visit today. if really they cannot then i will contact yours.

infinite: wah, you got to be careful wor, based on the situation you describe, i think they trying to re-extend the handover. you already give one month and some more they like that. you got to get your agent working cos you have the right to the house wor. they cannot keep overstaying like this. at least they have to pay rent cos u are already starting to pay the loan leh. keys to mailbox i have 2. depends on your unit. some were given 2 some 3. but i intend to change the lock for the mailbox so regardless how many. change already feel safer...dunno if they got keep spare key or not. :unsure:

Edited by samgalz

wcseow: wah, GG ur that salesguy is ultimate lor. can get wrong brand somemore when standing infront of it and looking at it. all these courts sales all tua-kang one lah. i'm sure if test them product knowledge sure all fail. :lol:

Lilith: ya, getting non-inverter cos out of 365 days, i think i only most on 3 - 4 days for majority of the aircons. likely to on only the study often cos hubby teaching at home and need aircon to minimize sound transmission to outside. so no point getting inverter, not fully utilizing it. I also c the thread and start to worry for u as well. let's pray they swee swee for u.

shouldn't be much of a problem la..keep the faith! :P the thread on creation only had one poster vehemently complaining and the rest were pretty alright reviews. anyway, order liao so just wait and see lor. plus, i doubt can find a company that no one has complained about one..

Hi Samgalz,

Congrats on your start of reno :)

I've yet to collect my keys :( , afraid that the seller will delay further, we happened to drop by 2 days ago and realised they have not even pack their stuff. The seller even told me she had received her new nest's keys on 24th May and reno had started asap.

If i am not wrong the 1 mth extention from our 2nd appt should be 16th Jun :unsure:

We're counting down patiently,

By the way, can i know how many keys will be be expecting for the letter box?

i got 2 keys to the letter box too! won't be changing them though..

agree with sam - make them pay rent if they extend their stay. don't be too nice, you'll get trampled on!!

Bought my lights at A Lightings last nite. It was a last min decision to go since my office is so near Geylang and I was able to leave on time. Hubby was grumbling that Geylang so hard to park car. but hor luckily we managed to find a lot very easy....talk abt fate.... :D

Went into A Lightings, first thing caught my eye was the light i was aiming at Lightings.com.sg and i checked the price. good, competitive to Lightings.com.sg...then I started looking around.

Previously at Lightings.com.sg, I did see some lights which I like but their designs are also pretty limited. their hanging lights, hubby dun like the design and we dun wan any halogen lights which seems to be so for most of their nicer lights....so in fact I was dreading to make a decision to buy all at Lightings.com.sg. But....when I was at A Lightings, we were able to find lights that we like. not one, not two but several ones in fact. so for this time round, the headache is to choose one from all that we like.

Thanks to Alex for his sound advice and also thanks to Lilith to recommend A Lightings and also Zelly for LED lights.... we got the lights as follows:

Kitchen lights x 2

IMG_02911.jpg

Toilet Lights x 2

IMG_02921.jpg

WIW light

IMG_02931.jpg

son's room and study room

IMG_02941.jpg

Edited by samgalz

MBR lights (this is going to be in warm white lights)

IMG_02951.jpg

LED dining lights (wun be directly over the dining table....need to discuss with contractor again...)

IMG_02971.jpg

LED living lights (warm white)

IMG_02961.jpg

for Bomb shelter, we took Alex's advice and bought a big fat bulb and holder. like wat he say, most impt is lasting and economical. no need to look nice nice cos no one will look into ur bomb shelter, make sense! :D

Delivery: FOC

Installation: finally decided to go back contractor's electrician. For those who wants to know the pricing for installation for A Lightings, it's $35 for 1st light, $8 each for subsequent lights.

Edited by samgalz

lol...sama sama...detest busy parking areas......

I also bought in Geylang but parking is a breeze as Vlux has its own parking area......

looks like your lightings are all white/silvery pattern....:)...nice

infinite: wah, you got to be careful wor, based on the situation you describe, i think they trying to re-extend the handover. you already give one month and some more they like that. you got to get your agent working cos you have the right to the house wor. they cannot keep overstaying like this. at least they have to pay rent cos u are already starting to pay the loan leh. keys to mailbox i have 2. depends on your unit. some were given 2 some 3. but i intend to change the lock for the mailbox so regardless how many. change already feel safer...dunno if they got keep spare key or not. :unsure:

wow, yea, i agree, must ask them to pay rent, cos now the utilities bill is under ur name too, right?

i changed my lock for the mailbox the same week i got my keys, cos i changed my add and tt means all the govt letters will go there, i felt safer knowing only my hubby & i can access the mailbox.

lol...sama sama...detest busy parking areas......

I also bought in Geylang but parking is a breeze as Vlux has its own parking area......

looks like your lightings are all white/silvery pattern....:)...nice

thanks....din think of it but yeah, there is uniformity in the lights we've got.... we were jus looking at lights we like and that can have a simple and lasting look.

once Alex on the Living room hanging light, I immediately fell in love with it. IT"S SO NICE~! too bad I din take pic when the light is on. the dining lights also, they come with a changing colour lights too which is nice. best of all, maintenance is pretty easy, that is most impt.

Edited by samgalz

wow, yea, i agree, must ask them to pay rent, cos now the utilities bill is under ur name too, right?

i changed my lock for the mailbox the same week i got my keys, cos i changed my add and tt means all the govt letters will go there, i felt safer knowing only my hubby & i can access the mailbox.

for mine, I will change once reno complete cos rite now letters are all to my in-law place.

LED living lights (warm white)

IMG_02961.jpg

Installation: finally decided to go back contractor's electrician. For those who wants to know the pricing for installation, it's $35 for 1st light, $8 each for subsequent lights.

I got this LED light also!!!! Great minds think alike!!! :P . Anyway I paid 30 bux extra to lengthen the crystals and to have a more distinctive V. I told Alex I wanted to have the effect V effect similar to the one with crystal shade. Anyway it is the cheapest LED lights i can find so far. :notti:

I think the extra savings can go into buying a new PS3 hor. :jammin:

Edited by Zelly

I got this LED light also!!!! Great minds think alike!!! :P . Anyway I paid 30 bux extra to lengthen the crystals and to have a more distinctive V. I told Alex I wanted to have the effect V effect similar to the one with crystal shade. Anyway it is the cheapest LED lights i can find so far. :notti:

I think the extra savings can go into buying a new PS3 hor. :jammin:

haha....thanks to u and lilith lor...poisoning me on LED lights. i din wanted to have a crystal lighting but this is too pretty to give up, somemore it's LED with that kind of pricing! :good: U din get the 3 pcs hanging LED which is same design as this one? See my last pic. was so impressed with the changing light. hubby love it too. in the end we decided to spend a little more to get that light as compared to a normal ceiling light. after seeing that, no other light seems rite! haha :lol:

I told hubby, dun need PS3, it will be white elephant. play existing WII can liao.

wey, i never poison u on LED lights la. that's just zelly..haha..i only recommended A Lighting! good to see u have all your lights sorted. got free delivery not ah?

haha....thanks to u and lilith lor...poisoning me on LED lights. i din wanted to have a crystal lighting but this is too pretty to give up, somemore it's LED with that kind of pricing! :good: U din get the 3 pcs hanging LED which is same design as this one? See my last pic. was so impressed with the changing light. hubby love it too. in the end we decided to spend a little more to get that light as compared to a normal ceiling light. after seeing that, no other light seems rite! haha :lol:

I told hubby, dun need PS3, it will be white elephant. play existing WII can liao.

LOL!! The sparkling effect of the shade and crystals very nice right. The LED effects sama sama with helogen liao, y wanna buy helogen when u know need to change the bulbs very 6mths or so. I only need 1 crystal light the living room will be a fan. My MBR only down lights loh. We did not want to spend too much on lights also, the price suits us so we just buy it and dun think so much also!

not my fault that sammy's reno cost increase again hor!

wey, i never poison u on LED lights la. that's just zelly..haha..i only recommended A Lighting! good to see u have all your lights sorted. got free delivery not ah?

LED lights nice mah, my house all LED even the cove lights, except for service area and storeroom lights we just use the normal round 2 energy saving bulb type.

lilith: orh, sorry lah. i mixed up liao. yup, free delivery! :good:

pinktini: haha, now my turn to buy plastic cover for my lights. :lol:

Zelly: ya, LED nice. but cannot afford whole house. siong ah :( din c ur teeny tiny words until now...hahaha....not a big increase....in fact i over budgeted on lights alot so still left a little after this spending :good:

Edited by samgalz