Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermyapre

Electrical work cost??

wat's the implication? for HDB flat.

if no PUB testing to be done, is thr still a need to engage a licensed electrician? wat's the difference?

According PUB requirement, It's a must to engage LEW electrician but PUB testing is not a must.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
According PUB requirement, It's a must to engage LEW electrician but PUB testing is not a must.

ok, but who will know whether a licensed electrician is engaged or not?

for eg. suppose my relative has all the necessary technical knowledge to do the job but cos this is not his profession, he did not see the need to have the proper license. so if he does the re-wiring works for my house, as long as I don't request for PUB testing, who will know? How will HDB or PUB know whether the electrician we engage is a licensed one?

i suppose in the unfortunate event of fire breaking out due to electrical wiring, insurance claims might be an issue?

by using non-licenced electricians...

yeap manu is right, no one will know. :)

just that some would want to pay more for peace of mind..

i suppose in the unfortunate event of fire breaking out due to electrical wiring, insurance claims might be an issue?

by using non-licenced electricians...

yeap manu is right, no one will know. :)

just that some would want to pay more for peace of mind..

Think the certification is provided to houseowner, with electronic records stored in their database. So in an unfortunate fire traced to electrical problems, insurance payout maybe dependent if the unit is certified or not.

ok, but who will know whether a licensed electrician is engaged or not?

for eg. suppose my relative has all the necessary technical knowledge to do the job but cos this is not his profession, he did not see the need to have the proper license. so if he does the re-wiring works for my house, as long as I don't request for PUB testing, who will know? How will HDB or PUB know whether the electrician we engage is a licensed one?

When thing happened everyone will know :sport-smiley-004: !

Wat are the things we have to look out for in rewiring?

Wat are the hidden cost?

Is a certified electrician a must?

The prices vary too much. Eg. Person A can charge $40 for tel point and Person B charges $90. The price gap is crazy

will pm u the contact...

here's the pricing he qoute me..

lighting point - $27

Fan point - $27

13A Single power point - $40

13A Double power point - $50

Heater power point - $80

Aircon point - $80

Telephone point - $40

TV point - $90

2 way switch - $35

Cooker and hood - $40

DB box - $280

Earth point - $60

Install lights - $10

Install fans - $35

price for me includes white MK switches.. have to top up for other colours...

he's helping me install door bell, run speaker wires... included in it.. (kinda like foc)... coz its small stuff..

Hi,

I just received the pricing from your electrician. All wire concealed..

Install down Lighting point - $45

Install light - $10

Install ceiling lighting point - $90

13A single power point -$75

13A double power point - $85

Heater power point - $150

AC point -$250

Cooker hood - $70

Cooker hob -$70

Oven point - $70

63A DB - $800

SCV point - $135

Tel point - $80

What a great diff for AC point and DB in price as compared to yours!!!

Hi,

I just received the pricing from your electrician. All wire concealed..

Install down Lighting point - $45

Install light - $10

Install ceiling lighting point - $90

13A single power point -$75

13A double power point - $85

Heater power point - $150

AC point -$250

Cooker hood - $70

Cooker hob -$70

Oven point - $70

63A DB - $800

SCV point - $135

Tel point - $80

What a great diff for AC point and DB in price as compared to yours!!!

how u manage to conceal all wiring? urs not HDB?

think ur DB is of a much higher capacity, tt's why more ex. urs is 63A, mine is 40A. bt whether tt much more is reasonable or not, i dunno :).

i believe the higher prices are due to concealed wiring. instead of quoting u the normal price and den give a lump sum for concealment works, like wat my ID's electrician did, wat ur electrician did was to work in the cost of concealment into the individual items.

how u manage to conceal all wiring? urs not HDB?

think ur DB is of a much higher capacity, tt's why more ex. urs is 63A, mine is 40A. bt whether tt much more is reasonable or not, i dunno :).

i believe the higher prices are due to concealed wiring. instead of quoting u the normal price and den give a lump sum for concealment works, like wat my ID's electrician did, wat ur electrician did was to work in the cost of concealment into the individual items.

At present, all wiring are concealed in the condo. Main tasks are to relocate my aircon points and replace my DB. You're right that ID will give a lump sum fir concealment works which I dont feel comfortable at all. In any case, I'll try to get a few more quotes for comparison. Thanks for sharing.

At present, all wiring are concealed in the condo. Main tasks are to relocate my aircon points and replace my DB. You're right that ID will give a lump sum fir concealment works which I dont feel comfortable at all. In any case, I'll try to get a few more quotes for comparison. Thanks for sharing.

ur qoute does look ex compared to mine... per point?... the price i listed is per point..

also.. i guess coz im not concealing anything... mine is just normal electrical work...

cant comment on workmanship yet.. coz im not around to monitor.. will feedback after...

so far.. what i heard from my hubby is that he is pretty friendly and helpful and is quite responsive..

but we shall see.. my housing agent and ID started off great and i thought i will refer them to the whole world.. but they all ended up being pple who don't earn an honest living!

Hi gohhuishi, did ur id charge u for coordination work? How much are the looping points? What is earth point? Can send me his contacts too? Mine is a new Hdb. Wondering if I need to incur earth point, Aircon point, db? Thanks.

Edited by blueyme

How come 2 electricians quote me looping point and new point same price? I mean if the looping (parallel) point is just next to each other, the cable is damnn short and how can they charge same as new point which require running cable all the way from the switch???

Can anyone lat me have an honest electrician contacts plsssss..... desperate

By the way, do we need to check on that person to see if he is a licensed electrician or not before letting them carry on with the work? I got a freelancer

By the way, do we need to check on that person to see if he is a licensed electrician or not before letting them carry on with the work? I got a freelancer

From wat I know, nowsaday...many electricians defined looping point as one lighting point liao regards of long or short distance apart :rolleyes: !