Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermyapre

Electrical work cost??

By the way, do we need to check on that person to see if he is a licensed electrician or not before letting them carry on with the work? I got a freelancer

best to check. Unless someone recommend his service.

Imagine .. after you move it.

telephone line not wrong.

keep on power trip

this and that.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
best to check. Unless someone recommend his service.

Imagine .. after you move it.

telephone line not wrong.

keep on power trip

this and that.

Hey therat, would you recommend yours? Just saw the reno list of yours.. actually I am doing minimal reno...

Rewire my 3-room, kitchen cabinets and whole house painting...

Today, an electrician came to do re-wiring site survey of my house which is a 12-year-old executive condo. I bought it recently. It needs major reno. I told the electrician I would want to be able to access the internet for the whole house. At every position where I said there is the work station and I will have a computer there (in Hokkien as the electrician does not speak English, i said computer to mean laptop and desktop.), he would say I need to have a telephone point. In the end, I have 3 telephone points in the 3 bedrooms. I more in the living room and 1 more at the TV console area. Altogether 5 telephone points! I may want to have only one telephone hand-set in the whole house.

Please advise, do I need 5 telephone points in a 3-room condo?

Do I have to connect my laptop or computer to the telephone point when I want to access the internet? In my old house (landed), I can access the internet using 5 laptops at the same time without connecting any laptop to the telephone point, it is wireless.

There is open-net in my condo. Do I need to have a wire connecting my lap-top and computer to the open-net point?

Where is the best place in a house to position an open-net point?

What are the uses of the open-net besides the internet access?

To think of it, since there is open-net in my condo, and if I have open-net access, do I need to have telephone points to access the internet?

What is the cost of open-net access?

I did not ask the electrician all these questions because, I was very dazed by then. First the water-piping people came. Then the air-con people. Then the false ceiling people. And last the electrician. By then, I was knocked out already :unsure:

I am also wiring and IT illiterate, lah :bangwall:

Today, an electrician came to do re-wiring site survey of my house which is a 12-year-old executive condo. I bought it recently. It needs major reno. I told the electrician I would want to be able to access the internet for the whole house. At every position where I said there is the work station and I will have a computer there (in Hokkien as the electrician does not speak English, i said computer to mean laptop and desktop.), he would say I need to have a telephone point. In the end, I have 3 telephone points in the 3 bedrooms. I more in the living room and 1 more at the TV console area. Altogether 5 telephone points! I may want to have only one telephone hand-set in the whole house.

Please advise, do I need 5 telephone points in a 3-room condo?

Do I have to connect my laptop or computer to the telephone point when I want to access the internet? In my old house (landed), I can access the internet using 5 laptops at the same time without connecting any laptop to the telephone point, it is wireless.

There is open-net in my condo. Do I need to have a wire connecting my lap-top and computer to the open-net point?

Where is the best place in a house to position an open-net point?

What are the uses of the open-net besides the internet access?

To think of it, since there is open-net in my condo, and if I have open-net access, do I need to have telephone points to access the internet?

What is the cost of open-net access?

I did not ask the electrician all these questions because, I was very dazed by then. First the water-piping people came. Then the air-con people. Then the false ceiling people. And last the electrician. By then, I was knocked out already :unsure:

I am also wiring and IT illiterate, lah :bangwall:

do u intend to have any fixed telephones in your home? if yes, den u will need at least 1 telephone point for the fixed telephone line.

as for your computers and internet access, what internet service do u subscribe to? SCV Broadband? SingNet Mio? M1? If it's SCV, den u dun need any telephone point for internet access. All u need is 1 SCV point and a wireless router. Connect the wireless router to the SCV point and all your computers can have internet access wirelessly via the router. If you're using mio or ADSL modem, then u only need 1 telephone point (excluding the telephone point being used for the fixed telephone). Again, connect a wireless router to the telephone point and access the internet wirelessly on any of your computers.

dun get conned by the electrician. he's not thinking of wireless access at all. he's thinking all using wired connection, tt's why wherever there is a computer, he tells u that u will nd a telephone point there. this method to me, is doing extra for nothing, spending extra money unnecessarily.

As for OpenNet, i'm not too sure but i think services are still limited at the moment, so as long as u oredi have the fibre-optic cable and termination point in ur home, u can just leave it where it is and ignore it. if u wan to access the internet thru OpenNet, den u need to subscribe to 1 of the OpenNet service providers. At the moment, i dun think there are any fibreoptic-ready wireless routers available in the market. So if using OpenNet for internet access, then wherever u hv a computer, u will need 1 OpenNet termination point. Suggest u check wif OpenNet service providers for details. i may not be correct cos i didn bother to ask too much. This technology still in infant stage, i wun sign-up nw, so didn bother.

will pm u the contact...

here's the pricing he qoute me..

lighting point - $27

Fan point - $27

13A Single power point - $40

13A Double power point - $50

Heater power point - $80

Aircon point - $80

Telephone point - $40

TV point - $90

2 way switch - $35

Cooker and hood - $40

DB box - $280

Earth point - $60

Install lights - $10

Install fans - $35

price for me includes white MK switches.. have to top up for other colours...

he's helping me install door bell, run speaker wires... included in it.. (kinda like foc)... coz its small stuff..

does anyone know the contact of this electrician? can pm me? thanks

Edited by sgRenov777

do u intend to have any fixed telephones in your home? if yes, den u will need at least 1 telephone point for the fixed telephone line.

as for your computers and internet access, what internet service do u subscribe to? SCV Broadband? SingNet Mio? M1? If it's SCV, den u dun need any telephone point for internet access. All u need is 1 SCV point and a wireless router. Connect the wireless router to the SCV point and all your computers can have internet access wirelessly via the router. If you're using mio or ADSL modem, then u only need 1 telephone point (excluding the telephone point being used for the fixed telephone). Again, connect a wireless router to the telephone point and access the internet wirelessly on any of your computers.

dun get conned by the electrician. he's not thinking of wireless access at all. he's thinking all using wired connection, tt's why wherever there is a computer, he tells u that u will nd a telephone point there. this method to me, is doing extra for nothing, spending extra money unnecessarily.

As for OpenNet, i'm not too sure but i think services are still limited at the moment, so as long as u oredi have the fibre-optic cable and termination point in ur home, u can just leave it where it is and ignore it. if u wan to access the internet thru OpenNet, den u need to subscribe to 1 of the OpenNet service providers. At the moment, i dun think there are any fibreoptic-ready wireless routers available in the market. So if using OpenNet for internet access, then wherever u hv a computer, u will need 1 OpenNet termination point. Suggest u check wif OpenNet service providers for details. i may not be correct cos i didn bother to ask too much. This technology still in infant stage, i wun sign-up nw, so didn bother.

Fiber optic or not..still can use wireless router :P

part of the reason why opennet is only aggressively promoted by M1 while Sinktel and StarFuk are not actively pushing, is M1 has little market share in fixed BB and they want this additional revenue.

Sinktel and StarFuk on the other hand, have their own broadband, ie, max-on-line and mio/singnet, so they fear their investment dumped into the existing infrastructure will become white elephant should they aggressively promote fibre NGBN.

that's why the response now is still lukewarm....

Hi all,

Any comments on the following quotation?

13amp x 2 -55

13amp x 1 -45

Telephone point -40

Heater -95

Air con -95

SVC -95

D/B ( main board) -280

Lighting points -30

Install lighting -8

Cheers!

Well if you have a budget to blow then get the id to do all the renovation work. What I've done so far :

- Design ,hacking ,plumbing ,tiles, carpentry .... ID take care.(By the way , ID will earn certain %

commisions if he/she was to take you on a 'shopping trip' e.g lights or bathrooms accessories) .

- Electrical works , plastering & painting .... I hired my own contractors.

I'm using Clipsal switches for my whole house except for SCV points.Best part is no extra charge in choosing clipsal over normal switches. Total cost around $1600 - $1800.

Please PM your electrician contact to me? Thanks

hihi...

any1 here knows an electrician that can draw & endorse a SINGLE LINE DRAWING?

mine's a condo unit... the electrician i got did everything & i've moved in to stay

but the management office refuse to release my reno deposit if i don't submit this drawing (which my electrician can't provide)

appreciate some help... .... zillion tks in advance

hihi...

any1 here knows an electrician that can draw & endorse a SINGLE LINE DRAWING?

mine's a condo unit... the electrician i got did everything & i've moved in to stay

but the management office refuse to release my reno deposit if i don't submit this drawing (which my electrician can't provide)

appreciate some help... .... zillion tks in advance

u need to engage LEW to endorse the single-line drawing. ask ur electrician who did for u. may need to pay some $$$ one.

anybody knows if there's a guideline to the positioning of the switches and power points?

i want to put them at my bedside table height but was told that the switches cannot be located at that height.

appreciate your inputs.

Hi Guys,

What you think of my quotes

Lighting point $30.00

13A Single power point $45.00

13A double power point $55.00

TV point $90.00

Extend telephone point $15.00

Extend 13A Single power point $15.00

Reposition ceiling Lighting point $15.00

Oven, Cooker & Hood point $55.00

Install light $9.00

Door bell install $10.00

hey

I really like your price list, Can you PM me your contact for this :)