Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Fifteenmay's Love Nest

Yes i have seen your blog! very detailed! very good! Can i know where you bought your sink and how much is your estimated reno cost?

Thanks alot!! PM send! :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

met with our ID today at IMM to look at our revised quotations and 3d.Luckily, this time, we feel comfortable with the new 3d desgn.Look more like our living style :D with this new design, our quotation went up ;) but hubby was ok with the cost. hopefully the cost wun go up anymore but thats quite likely right?

so our id gave us some FOC items and abit of discount to make it a round number.

After our meeting, since it was in IMM, she brought us around to look at Taps, Sinks,hobs, sofas, tv consoles which i thought was real nice of her to spend the time with us.

she will do up the revised quotation and will send it to us.

Have to pay 10 % of the quote before we get soft copies of the 3d.

Hi Leechaorui, all the layouts are given to me by the different IDs i went to meet.

Ya, i think a vacant room would be useful in time to come ;)

How is your floor plan like?

3d i dun think so fast. havent sign contract so id wun give me the soft copy of 3ds. only hard copies when meeting her.

Hi 15May

wah, you mean your ID gave you the layout plan even before you commit? Those I approach will not let me have a copy, only willing to give quotation. I am also in Blk B, but not gotten the keys yet. Have met several IDs, though must admit that the proposals are more or less similar. For us, the hardest is also the MBR and kitchen. We have two children, so unlikely that we can hack any wall between the rooms, so have to make do with the miserable MBR size and design!

For the kitchen,as I bake and cook alot, we will likely extend the kitchen into the foyer area, so have a smaller dining hall.

Hi 15May

wah, you mean your ID gave you the layout plan even before you commit? Those I approach will not let me have a copy, only willing to give quotation. I am also in Blk B, but not gotten the keys yet. Have met several IDs, though must admit that the proposals are more or less similar. For us, the hardest is also the MBR and kitchen. We have two children, so unlikely that we can hack any wall between the rooms, so have to make do with the miserable MBR size and design!

For the kitchen,as I bake and cook alot, we will likely extend the kitchen into the foyer area, so have a smaller dining hall.

Hi Froggy. I thought Blk B gave out keys already?still waiting for Blk D keys...

So far the IDs i ask for quote all gave the layout plan together with the quotation so that we can see the layout together with the quotation, is that not the case for you? If you are talking about 3D, then its only this ID that we met that did up 3Ds of the living room and masterbedroom for our 2nd appointment( we havent sign anything at that point) but its all face to face that show the 3d, no soft copies.

After we pay the 10% deposit then will have the 3d copies.

Wat is the design that you are going for? how would your wardrobe be like?

Oh, lucky you, your main door is not beside the kitchen so you can extend your kitchen! :D My unit the door just beside the kitchen so no change of extension. The kitchen got pillar and big pipe so our kitchen waste alot of storage space. :bangwall:

hey 15may,

jus realised we eyeing the same fridge & same washing machine!! :D good taste!!!

Edited by samgalz

Hi Froggy. I thought Blk B gave out keys already?still waiting for Blk D keys...

So far the IDs i ask for quote all gave the layout plan together with the quotation so that we can see the layout together with the quotation, is that not the case for you? If you are talking about 3D, then its only this ID that we met that did up 3Ds of the living room and masterbedroom for our 2nd appointment( we havent sign anything at that point) but its all face to face that show the 3d, no soft copies.

After we pay the 10% deposit then will have the 3d copies.

Wat is the design that you are going for? how would your wardrobe be like?

Oh, lucky you, your main door is not beside the kitchen so you can extend your kitchen! :D My unit the door just beside the kitchen so no change of extension. The kitchen got pillar and big pipe so our kitchen waste alot of storage space. :bangwall:

Yup, most people in Blk B would have started reno already, but since we are not eligible for HDB loan and do not want to take a bank loan, we had to complete our resale transaction before collecting keys, so long wait, so sian ...

so far, the IDs I met up treat their layout plan like copyright, die die also cannot give us, so only with quotation, sometimes i forget what they propose. and I am not talking about the 3D, only the space planning thing. Anyway, I have adopted many of their ideas and came up with my own ideal planning :D

oh, who is this ID who did 3D before you made any payment? So far, after the first 2 to 3 meetups discussing layout and changes, the IDs ask for a design fee before they do 3D! And I am not ready to pay that kind of fee, not when I have not firm up who to assign the job to! So still no 3D yet ...

Aiyo, wardrobe - big big headache. Because of the aircon ledge, we can only do a very miserable L-shape. So one suggestion is to do a WIW next to bed, but very cramp. What we really hope to do is to have a whole row of wardrobe across the wall, opposite the bed, but that gives only 20cm of walking space in between. so we are still thiinkng if we can accept the idea of walking like a crab to cross to the other side of the bed!

As for kitchen, another big big headache. our first thought was to extend to service yard - not alot - but certainly better than the given space. I am still toying with the idea of placing my oven and a small worktop there.

We also thought of hacking the kitchen wall at entrance, then build cabinets along the stretch of bomb shelter wall, but one ID said cannot drill in bomb shelter wall. Read in HDB site that can drill up to 50cm, so now a bit confused.

What stage of "recee" are you in now?

Yup, most people in Blk B would have started reno already, but since we are not eligible for HDB loan and do not want to take a bank loan, we had to complete our resale transaction before collecting keys, so long wait, so sian ...

so far, the IDs I met up treat their layout plan like copyright, die die also cannot give us, so only with quotation, sometimes i forget what they propose. and I am not talking about the 3D, only the space planning thing. Anyway, I have adopted many of their ideas and came up with my own ideal planning :D

oh, who is this ID who did 3D before you made any payment? So far, after the first 2 to 3 meetups discussing layout and changes, the IDs ask for a design fee before they do 3D! And I am not ready to pay that kind of fee, not when I have not firm up who to assign the job to! So still no 3D yet ...

Aiyo, wardrobe - big big headache. Because of the aircon ledge, we can only do a very miserable L-shape. So one suggestion is to do a WIW next to bed, but very cramp. What we really hope to do is to have a whole row of wardrobe across the wall, opposite the bed, but that gives only 20cm of walking space in between. so we are still thiinkng if we can accept the idea of walking like a crab to cross to the other side of the bed!

As for kitchen, another big big headache. our first thought was to extend to service yard - not alot - but certainly better than the given space. I am still toying with the idea of placing my oven and a small worktop there.

We also thought of hacking the kitchen wall at entrance, then build cabinets along the stretch of bomb shelter wall, but one ID said cannot drill in bomb shelter wall. Read in HDB site that can drill up to 50cm, so now a bit confused.

What stage of "recee" are you in now?

Really? all the ids gave me their space planning layouts with the quotations. otherwise how to see wat are they proposing?? ;)

So which IDs are this?

The id that i chose is One Inch Sq feet and she showed me the 3ds at the 2nd appointment. thats one of the reasons why we chose her as well.Ya, the rest i went to also ask for 800-1000 before 3ds can be shown. crazy right?

My Id proposing the wardrobe at the wall opp the bed. now u say that only got 20cm to walk, i abit worried.will bring ID there to recee before i sign and confirm the design. your bed kings or queen?

Aiyo our kitchen! super bad. everyone say **** small. say until my hubby angry..

but the stupid column block alot of space and also got pipes to hide. :bangwall: stupid hdb...

Anyway, at least your main door not next to the kitchen right? got space to extend out. my one cannot. door next to kitchen so have to make do with the small space.How about dun drill, just place the cabinets along the wall?

I confirmed my id liao, now waiting to get keys to go on site recee to make sure her design can work and now looking out for stuff. ahahah

Ya, better be careful - I realise that some ID do measure "wrongly". I highlighted the tight space to one ID, but he insisted can be done and kept saying "don't worry", but I'm not sure la. Just look at the measurement -

our mbr width is 290cm

a bed (whether king or queen) without frame is 200cm (but even without frame, still need space for headboard right? so let's say minimum 10cm)

wardrobe depth 60cm

so that leaves 20cm walking space??

So small space not only difficult to walk, but also difficult to open wardrobe door. So what about sliding door then? But if doing sliding door, then need more depth for wardrobe so that the track can run, so need to eat even more into the walking space!

But got to clarify I am talking about bed head against the structural wall. If you plaot ce bed to face window or toilet side, then sure lots of space.

Have you considered extending kitchen to service yard? I think if remove the retractable clothes hanger, can do another low cabinet and worktop there, maybe about one meter - but alot but still better than nothng.

So 15May have u confirmed your ID? I'm also close to signing but need to negotiate on terms of payment.

What does your ID offer u?

we waiting for revised quotation

i think payment terms the same for most.

10% upon confirmation

40% before commencement

50% before carpentry

10% upon handover

how abt yours?

About the same but I'm negotiating for 10% after handover meaning after all rectifications. The rest are about the same. :)

Thats a good idea! So who is your shortlisted id?

Got back my final quotation. adds up to 28k now. I am tinking should i do up so nicely for my first house??? 28k seems to be quite alot and this does not include Furnishings,lightings,appliances that can add up to more than 10k right

Should i take some stuff out?

Got back my final quotation. adds up to 28k now. I am tinking should i do up so nicely for my first house??? 28k seems to be quite alot and this does not include Furnishings,lightings,appliances that can add up to more than 10k right

Should i take some stuff out?

think you should consider what are your needs vs wants, if your needs add up to that amount then bo pian, if some are wants, then can weed out and slowly add in after you've saved a bit in the future?

think you should consider what are your needs vs wants, if your needs add up to that amount then bo pian, if some are wants, then can weed out and slowly add in after you've saved a bit in the future?

Hi Patsy, it seems like the bulk of the cost comes from the kitchen. now quote is 5888! :o this includes 22 ft top and bottom cabinets,Granite worktop,full ht cabinet 2.5 ft,suspended storage cabinet with laminted table surface,slow motion drawer tracks, anti slam hinges, and dish rack, is it overpriced?