Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Fifteenmay's Love Nest

Wow

your mbr looks stunning! wish I could have this size too!

yup, full length mirror are so costly - am also thinking hard if I want to have that at my dining wall. but I guess it does the place look bigger?

I love the floral design on the wall. How will that be achieved?

HI Froggy, u also fernvale vista wat. the room is the same. i think the id draw using wide angled shot. so its definitely smaller than this, give us false hope only hahaah

Ya thinking whether can do without the mirror.

The floral design is using sticker.. can customise but we doing away with that. cost about $600 :o

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi can anyone who have done cove light + ceiling fan share your experience? Will cast shadow or not? I hear differing view from different ID/ lighting shop, so not sure who is right now.

we were thinking of having cove/L-box/ceiling fan for the best ambience, but if shadow is an issue then will have to forego the cove light. Unless when we use fan, we turn off cove light lor! :D

thank you

Thats exactly what my hubby say also :P

Hi Fifteenmay,

That was what I did when I source for my ID...

I think I went to 30+ IDs and slowly eliminating those that I don't like and finally narrow down to 3 of them.

Then also along the way, we manage to get more ideas and slowly finalised our desired items for the house.

I'm currently doing my reno...Mine is also a 4 room at Dover Cres..

My ID is Louis from Plush Living....

His follow up so far has been very prompt and good...almost manage to get him 24/7 every day..

email me if you would like to have his contact...leet_80@yahoo.com

Enjoy the process ya...

Hi Dash80,

I've met up with Plush Living Darren, got the quote from him and he even provided me the 2D dwgs.. Was impress by his expertise. I wanted to appt him as my ID but I've after reading the contract terms, i dun like it.... So now having a big headache if i still want to sign up with him now. I've gaven some comments back to him regarding the unfriendly contract but he had yet get back to me... sure see how it goes...

I would like to seek advice from people who had their house done up by Plush Living. All comments and advice are welcome..

Cheers

Hi 15May

can I ask you something off-topic? Windows are our area is 3/4 height right? Haven't got my keys and can't tell from the outside. Can you tell me what is the height of the window (the part that opens)? Does that make sense? Basically, I am thinking if I should put grilles - just wondering if my kids stand infront of window, how much of their body will be "above" the open part of the window?

thanks so much!

Hi 15May

can I ask you something off-topic? Windows are our area is 3/4 height right? Haven't got my keys and can't tell from the outside. Can you tell me what is the height of the window (the part that opens)? Does that make sense? Basically, I am thinking if I should put grilles - just wondering if my kids stand infront of window, how much of their body will be "above" the open part of the window?

thanks so much!

Froggy, i am not too sure about tt. havent measured it. but my mum insist that i put grilles on mine :( spoil my view but i agreed cos its quite scary even for a adult. safety first.

i think better put since u have kids

karen_master_rev31.jpg

Masterbedroom 3d with our actual bedroom tiles. ;) u think it looks too dark?

nice! i don't think it looks too dark. a bit like hotel-style alr.

3D for masterbedroom, but colours would change to lighter

masterbedroom1.jpg

the other side

masterbedroom-1.jpg

the mirror is an optional item that cost $780! :o dunno whether should take it out of the quotation.

But it is for comestic purposes... ahhahaha dunno whether should spend that kind of money or not :rolleyes:

nice! but you don't plan to have any fans? putting a fan there would almost always spoil the look...

mirror is nice...but $780 sounds expensive...if its just for display, maybe you can check out dama.com.sg they have acrylic mirrors, 4ft by 8ft. tink would be much cheaper?

nice! but you don't plan to have any fans? putting a fan there would almost always spoil the look...

mirror is nice...but $780 sounds expensive...if its just for display, maybe you can check out dama.com.sg they have acrylic mirrors, 4ft by 8ft. tink would be much cheaper?

Nope will be fan.one of our requirement.look spoilt never mind but must put fan.decided to go with the mirror.saw wrongly,it's 480instead of 780and comes with light feature so decided to be vain and put it in for comestic purposes.

Met with Id today and finalized quote and pay the 60 percent of final quote,which is a number I hope I can live with and the end result is worth it! Got to choose colours for living room,master bedroom as well.I'd also brought wallpaper samples and we sort of liked the one she chose for us.but the colour scheme of our house has changed from earth tones to mainly grey!!not too sire if it's too much grey..

Hacking will start tomorrow and electrical and plbing this week as well super efficient!

Met with Id today and finalized quote and pay the 60 percent of final quote,which is a number I hope I can live with and the end result is worth it! Got to choose colours for living room,master bedroom as well.I'd also brought wallpaper samples and we sort of liked the one she chose for us.but the colour scheme of our house has changed from earth tones to mainly grey!!not too sire if it's too much grey..

Hacking will start tomorrow and electrical and plbing this week as well super efficient!

Hi 15May

Looks like your reno will be going full steam from now. Can share what is the work schedule like?

Also, how come must pay 60% upfront? Has work started? Is this the norm practice?

Choosing colours must be both fun and headache, nonetheless, I am sure you will enjoy the whole process - just like the stage when you are preparing for wedding!

thanks!hope end result would look like tt.

hi fifteenmay

if you come across any nice standing fan, can share? we looking for living/dining room.. cannot find nice one :(

my hubby & son perspire easily.. eat need fan, watch tv need fan..

Hi 15May

Looks like your reno will be going full steam from now. Can share what is the work schedule like?

Also, how come must pay 60% upfront? Has work started? Is this the norm practice?

Choosing colours must be both fun and headache, nonetheless, I am sure you will enjoy the whole process - just like the stage when you are preparing for wedding!

hi froggy yup just started today. We pay 60 cos 10 percent was supposed to during confirmation and 50 percent before commencement of work.cos we only confirm design and id starting work Liao we pay 60 percent upfront.ok la since work has started.the other payment is before carpentry so quite a while more.

Choosing colours headache sia! Hubby and I different taste so still thinking whether hse look too grey

Nope will be fan.one of our requirement.look spoilt never mind but must put fan.decided to go with the mirror.saw wrongly,it's 480instead of 780and comes with light feature so decided to be vain and put it in for comestic purposes.

Just one concern, the mirror look great with light glowing from the back. But did you ask your ID on how they are going to place the light tubes? Cos if you lie on your bed, won't the light be glaring directly at you from the side? Am also curious how are they going to mount the mirror.