Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Fifteenmay's Love Nest

Finally some 3ds to show! Super in love :P

ID put into the 3ds the stuff we actually bought e g sofa, table and oven.

Still looking for coffee table and console

Living room

karen_living_rev3.jpg

Kitchen

karen_kitchen_rev2.jpg

Edited by fifteenmay

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Living room

karen_living_rev3.jpg

Kitchen

karen_kitchen_rev2.jpg

hi fifteenmay,

nice 3D...like the colors for ur kitchen. :good: ..i was thinking of whether to go with all white(still in midst of sourcing IDs) but scare white will turn yellowish as the time passed by... :unsure:

Edited by mango88

hi fifteenmay,

nice 3D...like the colors for ur kitchen. :good: ..i was thinking of whether to go with all white(still in midst of sourcing IDs) but scare white will turn yellowish as the time passed by... :unsure:

Hi Mango88, thank you for your kind words ;) the real kitchen walls are slightly yellow beige so thinking if this colour would go with the walls or not.

I have a white solid top right now and cos its easily stained, my hubby insist on getting granite top though it costs more :unsure:

i love the visuals of ur living room. looks very good.

is the area next to the window on the right too small for the dish rack?

Butterfingerzz. thanks thanks! this is the 2nd design and i like it at first sight. The first design was all mirrors so we asked our ID to tone the mirror done :P

Most prob might change the wall paper cos it looks abit too woody for me.

Hopefully the real thing comes out almost the same as the 3d.

Hmmm.. hopefully, a small standing dish rack can go there. will check with id .thanks!

Living room

karen_living_rev3.jpg

Kitchen

karen_kitchen_rev2.jpg

Hi 15May

I like your design of the hall - very cosy. Notice you have cove light ceiling fan in the hall? I was told that these 2 are not good together becasue fan blades will cast shadow when in motion. Dunno how true this is?

For the kitchen, are you planning to do any cabinets on the other side of the kitchen (against bomb shelter wall?) I plan to, though may be reduce walking space. Afraid that there may not be enough space to store my stuff ...

How come your worktop is not right angle to each other?

Actually I thought of placing the oven in your same position too, but was afraid too much heat may affect glass door?

Edited by froggy

Hi 15May

I like your design of the hall - very cosy. Notice you have cove light ceiling fan in the hall? I was told that these 2 are not good together becasue fan blades will cast shadow when in motion. Dunno how true this is?

For the kitchen, are you planning to do any cabinets on the other side of the kitchen (against bomb shelter wall?) I plan to, though may be reduce walking space. Afraid that there may not be enough space to store my stuff ...

How come your worktop is not right angle to each other?

Actually I thought of placing the oven in your same position too, but was afraid too much heat may affect glass door?

Hello Froggy, hoepfully the real thin will look like te 3d. 80% i also happy. :rolleyes:

Actually i din wan cove lights but apparently i need it at the tv area cos no hanging lights. my id say get a fan that is lower than the cove lights so that it wun cut the lights and have shadow.

As for kitchen will do a table top and shallow cupboard to store stuff. Work top not right angle? my id make it slanted for me leh... dunne whether would it work or not.

I also thought about the oven affecting glass door, would check with ID.

How is your design coming along?

Went to select our tiles yesterday! Went to Lian Seng Hin at Balestier to choose our tiles. Our ID was to meet us there but she was late so we had some time to ourselves to look around and choose first.

She had asked us to choose Beige-Grey tiles and within $3.20psf so with that criteria, we went choosing.

Within 30 minutes, we found one that match the requirements and one that we love!

Introducing our Living and passageway tile! We was eyeing a lighter shade but however this one was super glossy and anti stain so we chose this one instead. $3 PSF

DSC02559.jpg

Then we went choosing for our masterbedroom tile. Hubby fell in love with one series so we decided to get this lovely tile for our masterbedroom $3 psf

DSC02556.jpg

and this for our common bedrooms

DSC02557.jpg

Satisfied with our tile selection! Was quite quick to make the decision :D

Hello Froggy, hoepfully the real thin will look like te 3d. 80% i also happy. :rolleyes:

Actually i din wan cove lights but apparently i need it at the tv area cos no hanging lights. my id say get a fan that is lower than the cove lights so that it wun cut the lights and have shadow.

As for kitchen will do a table top and shallow cupboard to store stuff. Work top not right angle? my id make it slanted for me leh... dunne whether would it work or not.

u can do L-box instead.

3D for masterbedroom, but colours would change to lighter

masterbedroom1.jpg

the other side

masterbedroom-1.jpg

the mirror is an optional item that cost $780! :o dunno whether should take it out of the quotation.

But it is for comestic purposes... ahhahaha dunno whether should spend that kind of money or not :rolleyes:

3D for masterbedroom, but colours would change to lighter

masterbedroom1.jpg

the other side

masterbedroom-1.jpg

the mirror is an optional item that cost $780! :o dunno whether should take it out of the quotation.

But it is for comestic purposes... ahhahaha dunno whether should spend that kind of money or not :rolleyes:

Wow

your mbr looks stunning! wish I could have this size too!

yup, full length mirror are so costly - am also thinking hard if I want to have that at my dining wall. but I guess it does the place look bigger?

I love the floral design on the wall. How will that be achieved?

u can do L-box instead.

Hi can anyone who have done cove light + ceiling fan share your experience? Will cast shadow or not? I hear differing view from different ID/ lighting shop, so not sure who is right now.

we were thinking of having cove/L-box/ceiling fan for the best ambience, but if shadow is an issue then will have to forego the cove light. Unless when we use fan, we turn off cove light lor! :D

thank you

my design? Still in my head only. i am in the process of finalising contractor, so after this can start posting my reno journey ... :) can't wait! but dropped the idea of getting loan for house, so will have to wait till second resale appt is complete