Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Fifteenmay's Love Nest

hi fifteenmay

if you come across any nice standing fan, can share? we looking for living/dining room.. cannot find nice one :(

my hubby & son perspire easily.. eat need fan, watch tv need fan..

will let you know!

most prob might buy in jb though : )

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Bought our rice cooker today from Taka today.

The Elephant brand is on sale at TaKA til Sunday.

My mum say that the brand not bad.Better than Philips.

Quite ex though.

I promise my hubby that i will cook all kinds of rice for him. :P Make the cooker worth the money

Hacking done last week. went to our house on sat to check out the place.

Hacked the wall in between bedrooms (though only can hack half of the wall cos the rest is beam :( )

DSC03005.jpg

The place look so much bigger now. once the cupboard go in, i think space would be smaller liao :bangwall:

DSC03004.jpg

Saw our neighbour today. but they were too busy so we din chat.

hope they are nice :)

went to the roof garden today. quite nice!

DSC03006.jpg

DSC03009.jpg

Our TV Console, thrown in by ID :)

karen_tvconsole.jpg

When speakin to ID, we decided to go ahead with a suspended shoe cabinet cos it was cheaper and we had the electric box there, so it was a surprise when we saw that the 3d was a full height cabinet!

Checked with ID and she say that she measured our area again and a full height cabinet would look better and she would put it in for the same price as the suspended shoe cabinet!!! Score for our ID :D

karen_shoecab_rev2.jpg

Things are moving real fast!

Today we are doing electrical, Wed aircon,thur and Fri false ceiling, weekend painting then tiles!

Our TV Console, thrown in by ID :)

karen_tvconsole.jpg

When speakin to ID, we decided to go ahead with a suspended shoe cabinet cos it was cheaper and we had the electric box there, so it was a surprise when we saw that the 3d was a full height cabinet!

Checked with ID and she say that she measured our area again and a full height cabinet would look better and she would put it in for the same price as the suspended shoe cabinet!!! Score for our ID :D

karen_shoecab_rev2.jpg

Today we are doing electrical, Wed aircon,thur and Fri false ceiling, weekend painting then tiles!

hi fifteenmay! jieying here! finally got myself an acc!

ha...

congrats on ur reno! seems like ur reno is moving pretty fast and smoothly so far!! so excited for u! is ur living room area pretty narrow? cuz it seems like from the 3d

karen_shoecab_rev2.jpg

hmm the sitting bench below the shoe cabinet, got a space in between two seats, i think will be nicer if make it flush. :)

also, the seats will sort of block access to shoes unless the shoe cabinet is made shallow. Would be better if you know the exact measurements of the stuff... :)

eh how come do tiles after everything? :unsure:

Edited by gimz63251073

hi fifteenmay! jieying here! finally got myself an acc!

ha...

congrats on ur reno! seems like ur reno is moving pretty fast and smoothly so far!! so excited for u! is ur living room area pretty narrow? cuz it seems like from the 3d

hI jieying,welcome to renotalk : )

Ya so far progress is pretty ok.

Living room? yup, standard HDB Flat living room quite narrow but what to do? ahahah ;)

hmm the sitting bench below the shoe cabinet, got a space in between two seats, i think will be nicer if make it flush. :)

also, the seats will sort of block access to shoes unless the shoe cabinet is made shallow. Would be better if you know the exact measurements of the stuff... :)

eh how come do tiles after everything? :unsure:

Hi,

the concept is abit different. the bench can be tucked into the shoe cabinet, thats why got the space in between so that it can be pushed back into the shoe cabinet. Not too sure if u understand what i mean. :unsure:

in other words, we can tuck in the bench into the shoe cabinet if we do not need to use the bench. :P like the concept thats why decide to go for it. ;)

My id do from top to bottom wan, which i like. wun dirty the tiles when doing electrical and false ceiling

hi 15may

i like the shoe cabinet!

just curious - why you put aircon on top of tv feature wall? i visited a few units at fernvale, they put aircon on the beam between the 2 halls. My feeling is if aircon is on feature wall -

* break the feature wall look

* in case leak, tv will be wet, or worse short curcuit

on the other hand, advantage of aircon being in the middle

* no worries about the above

* both halls can share the aircon

just my 2cents

Hi,

the concept is abit different. the bench can be tucked into the shoe cabinet, thats why got the space in between so that it can be pushed back into the shoe cabinet. Not too sure if u understand what i mean. :unsure:

in other words, we can tuck in the bench into the shoe cabinet if we do not need to use the bench. :P like the concept thats why decide to go for it. ;)

My id do from top to bottom wan, which i like. wun dirty the tiles when doing electrical and false ceiling

oic, then the bench makes sense. :) me thinks its nice also...

hmm quite rare to do from top down...maybe this is better than the conventional way of doing bottom up...do update us ok? quite interested to see how it turns out! :)

oic, then the bench makes sense. :) me thinks its nice also...

hmm quite rare to do from top down...maybe this is better than the conventional way of doing bottom up...do update us ok? quite interested to see how it turns out! :)

i will!

Spent 3 hours last night with ID to pick ou laminates and wall paper! hope we chose the correct choice!

Going down to JB to get lights and home accessores later, will update later :P

Alot accomplished today! : )

Went to JB, Queue for 2.5 hours, went in for 3 hours and then came out.

Went to Aldecco Living to get our kitchen and bathroom accessories. Unfortunately,the taps that we want might not be available, so lets pray they have stock.

However, got our

-Kitchen Sink

-Toilet Sink

-Towel hanger

-Toilet paper holder

-Glass Shelf for master and common toilet

After that, went to Fancy Lightings to get our lights.

Got our downlights at SGD$20 each but couldnt find any other suitable lights.So we decided to head back to Singapore to get the rest of the lights from Lightings.com.sg in Jalan Besar and our shopping is done!

will update pics soon!

Lights! Part 2

Kitchen Light

DSC03039.jpg

Household shelter and Service Yard light

DSC03035.jpg

Masterbedroom Toilet light

DSC03033.jpg

Common Toilet light

DSC03032.jpg

Future Baby room light

DSC03036.jpg