Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Fifteenmay's Love Nest

Hi there,

Welcome to renotalk!

What i did the previous time was to source around renotalk as well as read thru some magazines (Home & Design, Square Rooms, Etc) for ID contacts and ideas.

Once that was done, i went 'painstakely' to meet up with them one by one. You can imagine travelling all around Singapore, very tiring!! Guess you have to let them know before hand your ideas (if any) and they will be able to advise as well as sharing their ideas. Be warned though, some IDs can be very pushy and some can sit there, look at you, keep mum for the whole session. Be careful of any hidden costs as well - the most impt thing for me is i managed to find an ID whom i'm comfortable with (Meaning he can listen and fulfill my requirements, push his workers to meet deadline and help me save costs).

I've done mine under summit design, if you want the contact of my ID, let me know :)

Cheers!!

Hi Osync,

Wow you are super hardworking!

u met all of them? must have repeated the same stuff so many times : )

hmmm...how long did the whole process take?

Can PM me the contact of your id?

now i am just gathering all IDs and mass email :sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i wonder how you guys do it man!!! :rolleyes: the meeting of ids every week, repeating the same thing again and again, looking at the cost, sighing... :unsure:

so far met 5 ids and hubby is abit tired liao of the meeting..

Here are our own personal feedback

1.U-Home

Went to this id first cos most of the pictures that we like were from there. However, meetings the IDS did not go well. Perhaps we did not make an appointment, the id that entertained us wasnt that good. he keep shooting down our suggestions and not giving any ideas at all. Totally pissed my hubby off when he say our kitchen so small, cannot do any design. i mean, come on how do you make a sale like that when giving these kind of remarks.. Total strike off our list

2. One Inch Square Feet

Recommended by our fren who is using them. ID cum owner of company was really friendly and gave us lots of ideas for our house. High EQ and came out with the lowest inital quote. One of our shortlisted.

3.*****

ID surprised me by showing us the package first before sharing the proposed design. Inital quote came out to 37k! super over budget! din feel like we click with the ID so most prob would drop them

4. Orangecube

Had a good vibe with the id. Hubby felt most comfortable with this id ( id calling him brother ;) ) quote was the highest so far +- 40k! But hubby say see how first.. maybe take out some stuff

5.-

Since we were in the area, decided to drop in. ID who entertained us spoke chinese, minus point for me cos my chinese not so good and i need to be able to speak to my id comfortably but let's see what the quote comes back.

So far, its one ince square feet and ***** in the shortlisted.

Meeting Ernest Interiors and homely image next week. Wish us luck!

Waiting for Ideal house, Mr Yeak and Henry to come back to us

i wonder how you guys do it man!!! :rolleyes: the meeting of ids every week, repeating the same thing again and again, looking at the cost, sighing... :unsure:

1.U-Home

Went to this id first cos most of the pictures that we like were from there. However, meetings the IDS did not go well. Perhaps we did not make an appointment, the id that entertained us wasnt that good. he keep shooting down our suggestions and not giving any ideas at all. Totally pissed my hubby off when he say our kitchen so small, cannot do any design. i mean, come on how do you make a sale like that when giving these kind of remarks.. Total strike off our list

2. One Inch Square Feet

Recommended by our fren who is using them. ID cum owner of company was really friendly and gave us lots of ideas for our house. High EQ and came out with the lowest inital quote. One of our shortlisted.

3.*****

ID surprised me by showing us the package first before sharing the proposed design. Inital quote came out to 37k! super over budget! din feel like we click with the ID so most prob would drop them

4. Orangecube

Had a good vibe with the id. Hubby felt most comfortable with this id ( id calling him brother ;) ) quote was the highest so far +- 40k! But hubby say see how first.. maybe take out some stuff

5.-

Since we were in the area, decided to drop in. ID who entertained us spoke chinese, minus point for me cos my chinese not so good and i need to be able to speak to my id comfortably but let's see what the quote comes back.

hihi fifteenmay...

from ur signature....saw u bot the 37" tv for ur mbr @ $599....really unbeliveable, is that during sales time? they still have it now?

Hi fifteenmay...grace from sgbrides!! :) remember me?

congrats on ur upcoming collection of keys and new house!

Did u manage to get Mr Yeak? His schedule pretty tight but his prices quite reasonable...u might want to think about when u can start ur reno and ask him for his available schedule.

Can also give Impress21 a shot as well...their prices quite competitive too...

1.U-Home

2. One Inch Square Feet

3.*****

4. Orangecube

5.-

Hi fifteenmay...grace from sgbrides!! :) remember me?

congrats on ur upcoming collection of keys and new house!

Did u manage to get Mr Yeak? His schedule pretty tight but his prices quite reasonable...u might want to think about when u can start ur reno and ask him for his available schedule.

Can also give Impress21 a shot as well...their prices quite competitive too...

Hihi!

so nice to see u here too!

Called Mr Yeak and sent my floor plan to him liao. waiting for him to reply me.

Also called Henry from Impress21. waiting as well

hihi fifteenmay...

from ur signature....saw u bot the 37" tv for ur mbr @ $599....really unbeliveable, is that during sales time? they still have it now?

Hi Feimei, i just checked. Its only a 32 inch tv. remember wrongly. sorry to get your hopes up. ;)

Hi Feimei, i just checked. Its only a 32 inch tv. remember wrongly. sorry to get your hopes up. ;)

no prob....appreciated ur clarification.... :jammin:

sounds gd leh!! :):) wish u all the best to find an ID/contractor that u want....

a point to note though, Mr Yeak may not be into designs....he's more of a contractor n not so much of designer kind....but his woodworks r gd :)

we have gone thru the tedious process of asking for quotes, checking out the contractors....gave up after shortlisting last 3 contractors....finally decided on one after so long....Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Hihi!

so nice to see u here too!

Called Mr Yeak and sent my floor plan to him liao. waiting for him to reply me.

Also called Henry from Impress21. waiting as well

sounds gd leh!! :):) wish u all the best to find an ID/contractor that u want....

a point to note though, Mr Yeak may not be into designs....he's more of a contractor n not so much of designer kind....but his woodworks r gd :)

we have gone thru the tedious process of asking for quotes, checking out the contractors....gave up after shortlisting last 3 contractors....finally decided on one after so long....Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Haha, by hubby also abit sian with our weekends totally burnt meeting 2-3 Ids. its either choose ID or do a la carte cos i have contacts for carpentry and electrician. but hubby say thaat we got no time to monitor so he s leaning towards id.

I am amazed at those who meet with 30 IDs. Keep repeating myself over and over.. tiring.. need alot of :sport-smiley-003:

Is there different materials used for the inside of the wardrobe?

So far, i hear about PVC but there was another ID who told me that there is another material.

Which one is better?

Is there different materials used for the inside of the wardrobe?

So far, i hear about PVC but there was another ID who told me that there is another material.

Which one is better?

Hi,

The other material is polykem. Asethetic wise, it looks nicer because you can choose the design - eg. wood grain. PVC is usually white. Check out Garion's t-blog.