Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Fifteenmay's Love Nest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I asked Everjoint, its SGD340

JB its RM560 = SGD233

I think no warranty i think since its in jb.

Wah cheap cheap. Especially if buying more than 1. But got to check with my husband abt the warranty.

This Everjoint like sells everything. From fridge to heater to fan.

hi can check afew things

1. tap hole - the shop punch, and not our contractor? Does this mean we must buy the tap and sink from the same shop? Or is the size of tap hole standard across brandds?

2. fan - again is installation of fan done by shop or our contractor? My friend said that since ceiling fan is installed by shop, then contractor may not be able to handle all models, hence better to buy in singapore. Is this true or not? I thought ceiling fan installation are all the same, and if you buy KDK, it's the same whether you get in Singapore or JB, as long as same model?

wat i heard so far is some brand of fans require balancing and if ur ID install for u, they may not get it right then u might hv a problem.

wat i heard so far is some brand of fans require balancing and if ur ID install for u, they may not get it right then u might hv a problem.

that is true. so it depends whether u want to get cheap and install your whole or buy more ex and ask kdk pple to install for you.

to be honest, if i'm not wrong, the balancing of fans doesn't hold true for only some fans....it holds true for all fans....should the installer of the fans not install properly in the sense tat in proportion to the room size and the fan blades, they don't balance your ceiling fans properly....u would have a problem with the fans in future....one such common problem would be hearing the wobbly sounds from the fans n etc....

as long as ur ID can ensure tat her ppl can do it properly for u, tat would be very good :D

that is true. so it depends whether u want to get cheap and install your whole or buy more ex and ask kdk pple to install for you.

to be honest, if i'm not wrong, the balancing of fans doesn't hold true for only some fans....it holds true for all fans....should the installer of the fans not install properly in the sense tat in proportion to the room size and the fan blades, they don't balance your ceiling fans properly....u would have a problem with the fans in future....one such common problem would be hearing the wobbly sounds from the fans n etc....

as long as ur ID can ensure tat her ppl can do it properly for u, tat would be very good :D

Hi Grace, whaat does it means by balancing?

u mean actually balancing the fans or getting the correct fan size for the room?

Check with id, she say no need to punch hole. phew so the sink at JB is a steal!

KDK fans getting from wholesale, so asking id electrician to install

Waiting to see your KDK after installation...and KDK don't come with balancing kits for ceiling fan.

Hi Grace, whaat does it means by balancing?

u mean actually balancing the fans or getting the correct fan size for the room?

Mean that after installation, if the fan do wobby when switch on, then a balancing kit is needed to counter the wobbying.

Mean that after installation, if the fan do wobby when switch on, then a balancing kit is needed to counter the wobbying.

thanks jaskel. what is a balancing kit? is it a device to place with the fan to counter against the wobbling?

thanks jaskel. what is a balancing kit? is it a device to place with the fan to counter against the wobbling?

A balancing kit consist of a rubber clip and 2 weights to stick on the blades that wobbling the fan. Firstly when after installation, if the fan do wobbly, then your electrician will need a balancing kit to work on as to counter the wobbling. He will use the rubber clip to test on every blades to see which one will stop the wobbling and stick the weight on it. Of course need to test every speed and also the location on the blade, so it took quite a long time to do it.

If u brought KDK baby fan, then I think it shouldn't be a problem as there won't need a balancing kit and te fan won't wobbly. But if those 7 speed KDK ceiling fan, then there might be a problem. Normal other brands fan speed only 3, max. is 5. but KDK 7 speed...so the amount of vibration is much more than other, of course the wind is stronger too. Not many know how to install a KDK fan without using balancing kit and best of all, u can buy the balancing kit anywhere. They come with the fan.

Edited by jaskel

though my house has alrd installed 4 ceiling fans, i have not seen the vendor installing them with any balancing kits at all.....either i'm not observant or they did it so quickly without me seeing :unsure:

A balancing kit consist of a rubber clip and 2 weights to stick on the blades that wobbying the fan. Firstly when after installation, if the fan do wobby, then your electrician will need a balancing kit to work on as to counter the wobbying. He will use the rubber clip to test on every blades to see which one will stop the wobbying and stick the weight on it. Of course need to test every speed and also the location on the blade, so it took quite a long time to do it.

If u brought KDK baby fan, then I think it shouldn't be a problem as there won't need a balancing kit and te fan won't wobby. But if those 7 speed KDK ceiling fan, then there might be a problem. Normal other brands fan speed only 3, max. is 5. but KDK 7 speed...so the amount of vibration is much more than other, of course the wind is stronger too. Not many know how to install a KDK fan without using balancing kit and best of all, u can buy the balancing kit anywhere. They come with the fan.

Hi Jaskel

am I right to imply that fans with smaller blade does not need balancing? and those 3-speed fan no need balancing?

though my house has alrd installed 4 ceiling fans, i have not seen the vendor installing them with any balancing kits at all.....either i'm not observant or they did it so quickly without me seeing :unsure:

Not all fan need to do balancing. And by right all fans don't need to do balancing. One of the problems was due to the ceiling not level, so when installed, the center of gravity had misaligned so while "on" the fan, its start to wobbly. Then a balancing kit is require to counter it. Out of ten fans installed, only 3-4 may need to do balancing.

Hi Jaskel

am I right to imply that fans with smaller blade does not need balancing? and those 3-speed fan no need balancing?

Not necessary that they are small means don't need, cos the wobbling may be so little there when "on" to the max speed, we cant differential it. Same for those 3-speed fan.