Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
misconfuse

Letters From Previous Owner

My husband is planning to put it now to the "return to sender box" after almost two months of giving their letters.

Up to now we are receiving their letters from M1, Singtel and the likes. My husband's point is that, the previous owner should have changed his address at least 1 week before moving. I do understand my husband but I don't know how to tell the previous owner.

When should be your time frame of receiving their letters and handling it over to them?

Please help, because I don't know how to handle this.

TIA.

Edited by misconfuse

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If they dun care, why shd u? After 1 month of billing cycle I just throw.

If still got govt mail after 6 months then report police for failing to change address.

I still receive their letters 2 years later.

Some CDP ones, and there were 2 different names, possibly the previous previous owner.

we will did what ur husband did after may be 1-2 mth after the house has handover.

Just write "NO SUCH PERSON" BIG BIG on the envelope

My husband is planning to put it now to the "return to sender box" after almost two months of giving their letters.

Up to now we are receiving their letters from M1, Singtel and the likes. My husband's point is that, the previous owner should have changed his address at least 1 week before moving. I do understand my husband but I don't know how to tell the previous owner.

When should be your time frame of receiving their letters and handling it over to them?

TIA.

Do not be too harsh on such letters. Sometimes the organisations themselves don't update the information real-time. I experienced it with SingTel, Citibank, PacNet. I changed to my new address one month before moving to my new house and yet I still receive mails to my old house. I had to physically go to the customer service counter and fill-in a form all over again despite having done it on-line previously.

As for my new house, I am still tracing one of the ex-ex-owner's address because his OCBC Statement of Account are still being sent to my house despite having moved out 5 years ago ! Informed OCBC about it but still the same thing happens every month. So, I open up his letters each month to see how much money he still has in his account. He probably forgot that he still has $2K plus and earning interest from the bank each month !

As for my ex-owner, his mails are still being sent to my address. I dump them at his ex-wife's house which is nearby my place. My agent gave me her address. So at least important mails for their children are not discarded. They are divorced. Important mails from MOE for Edusave, Insurance,etc are thrown back to her. She probably knows it is me but I don't want to be so cruel as to shred any mail that does not belong to me.

I also have my ex-ex-owner's daughter who is 13 years old this year and owes the National Library money for unreturned books. Reminders are sent to my place. I tracked her down on Facebook and emailed her to get her mummy to change the address at NLB.

So life after buying other people's house, can be quite interesting !

Edited by asoon88

TIA.

Just write on the letter that this person has moved out and throw back to the return mail box.

Edited by davidbslee

I send it back to the sender with notation that owner has shifted - please do not send again.

Thereafter, I will discard them. I have done my part, so my conscious is clear.

If people don't give a hoot about their own things, why should I even bother.

Edited by d'lotus

Do not be too harsh on such letters. Sometimes the organisations themselves don't update the information real-time. I experienced it with SingTel, Citibank, PacNet. I changed to my new address one month before moving to my new house and yet I still receive mails to my old house. I had to physically go to the customer service counter and fill-in a form all over again despite having done it on-line previously.

As for my new house, I am still tracing one of the ex-ex-owner's address because his OCBC Statement of Account are still being sent to my house despite having moved out 5 years ago ! Informed OCBC about it but still the same thing happens every month. So, I open up his letters each month to see how much money he still has in his account. He probably forgot that he still has $2K plus and earning interest from the bank each month !

As for my ex-owner, his mails are still being sent to my address. I dump them at his ex-wife's house which is nearby my place. My agent gave me her address. So at least important mails for their children are not discarded. They are divorced. Important mails from MOE for Edusave, Insurance,etc are thrown back to her. She probably knows it is me but I don't want to be so cruel as to shred any mail that does not belong to me.

I also have my ex-ex-owner's daughter who is 13 years old this year and owes the National Library money for unreturned books. Reminders are sent to my place. I tracked her down on Facebook and emailed her to get her mummy to change the address at NLB.

So life after buying other people's house, can be quite interesting !

Completely agreed. My own experience:

- I moved in Jan 2010, previous owner came & returned 1 key just last Friday, and said "thank you very much for your consideration".

- I started updating address right after 2nd appointment. Allowed previous owner to hold 1 key and to be return "after 3 month" tentatively.

- When I see "red" letter or "bill", call him imediatedly. I have his address & contact no.

- So far, I "missed" 4 letters -all sent to my previous address. 1 even sent to my previous's previous address realised after calling up starhub cos failed to receive bill's son's mobile bill for 3 months!. Till now don't understand what caused this.

- 3 letters "missed" - CDP, aviva, UOB loan department. Buyer to my previous unit sent these letters to me door step! Besides thankful, don't what to say.

- Went personally to CDP to updat, aviva -on line update. UOB deserved my scolding- very screw up, so many accounts with them and already updated them with forms, yet they missed this. Just did a partial payment 2 weeks ago & still like that! Seriously thinking to switch bank.

Edited by bepgof

Completely agreed. My own experience:

- I moved in Jan 2010, previous owner came & returned 1 key just last Friday, and said "thank you very much for your consideration".

- I started updating address right after 2nd appointment. Allowed previous owner to hold 1 key and to be return "after 3 month" tentatively.

- When I see "red" letter or "bill", call him imediatedly. I have his address & contact no.

- So far, I "missed" 4 letters -all sent to my previous address. 1 even sent to my previous's previous address realised after calling up starhub cos failed to receive bill's son's mobile bill for 3 months!. Till now don't understand what caused this.

- 3 letters "missed" - CDP, aviva, UOB loan department. Buyer to my previous unit sent these letters to me door step! Besides thankful, don't what to say.

- Went personally to CDP to updat, aviva -on line update. UOB deserved my scolding- very screw up, so many accounts with them and already updated them with forms, yet they missed this. Just did a partial payment 2 weeks ago & still like that! Seriously thinking to switch bank.

Yah you should change bank. :P Citibank, DBS and OCBC sent their letters to my new home address just 1 week after I informed them.

Your buyer is such a nice person.

Edited by forgotten

Yah you should change bank. :P Citibank, DBS and OCBC sent their letters to my new home address just 1 week after I informed them.

Your buyer is such a nice person.

Indeed, if u've read my previous posting, we like this family at first sight, bright children, polite and well behave/educated. He did not counter offer price, instead, I asked my agent to contact his agent to contact him come down for a "private talk" and at last closed the deal. I invited them to my new place a few days after we moved in. I insisted selling previous home to one who appreciates it.

I have uob visa since 1993, wife, 2 children, in-law, myself got saving accts there. Some accts links to other's banks for money transfer, Giro, got link to uob kianhian for eps transfer. My wife got a 2 credit cards from UOB also. Quite complicated and troublesome, I don't like quenuing and don't like visit banks, unless no choice. They lent u umbralla in sunny days and take back umbralla in rainy days, u know.

Edited by bepgof

Indeed, if u've read my previous posting, we like this family at first sight, bright children, polite and well behave/educated. He did not counter offer price, instead, I asked my agent to contact his agent to contact him come down for a "private talk" and at last closed the deal. I invited them to my new place a few days after we moved in. I insisted selling previous home to one who appreciates it.

I have uob visa since 1993, wife, 2 children, in-law, myself got saving accts there. Some accts links to other's banks for money transfer, Giro, got link to uob kianhian for eps transfer. My wife got a 2 credit cards from UOB also. Quite complicated and troublesome, I don't like quenuing and don't like visit banks, unless no choice. They lent u umbralla in sunny days and take back umbralla in rainy days, u know.

So many accounts at UOB! Then u better don't change bank.

Last time I used to think sellers will sell their units to the buyer with the highest bid. After coming to this forum, then I realise that's not always the case and some sell based on whether they like the buyer hehe.

Edited by forgotten

1st 2 month I sms my previous owner . Ask him come and take. Then after that I keep keep keep . Till 6month i think. Then he say he dun want liao . Then all throw.

Funny thing is i also receive previous previous owner letters. I throw . ha . cos uncontactable