Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
El Nino_Al Nito

El Nino's Anfield

Hi PNC...u gotta plan it man! It was so much fun doing this planning of lighting and electrical layout. :sport-smiley-004:

although sadly i didnt get much help here when i asked back then so i peservered myself. :D

K, this could be a long one. Hope im not rambling rubbish. :lol:

Went thru with Mr Yeak the lighting (and electrical) plan last weekend. Then shopped for my lights few days back at lightings.com.sg. My lights amounted to $950. :)

For ur living and dining, will u be having any L-box or false ceiling? If yes, u'd probably be looking at downlights. Two types, PLC (energy saving) and Halogen (nice effect, but warm easy if use too much). Spacing is abt 4 to 5 ft from each other is good enough to provide ample lighting.

If u plan to showcase some painting or murals on ur walls, halogen spotlight is a necessary evil. ;)

When purchasing downlight best to get those casing with frosted glass cover otherwise if clear glass, its gna be very glary and uncomfortable.

I decided to go with warm white cove lighting above dining area since i didnt splurge on special dining lights. For this, Mr Yeak advised me to for T8 loose fitting. Something abt not wanting it encased like the T5. Since the stretch for cove lighting is ard 17ft, he told me to get 18ft instead so that his electrician can overlap the lights to provide a continuous effect. I didnt think of this. :thumbs up:

For kitchen cabinet and vanity top, i got some T5 cool white to act as my task light. Warm white is a no no for me in the kitchen coz u need good lighting to check on the browning of the cake or whether the meat has grilled well :P Of coz i bought ceiling lights for the kitchen as general lighting. :good:

I had no ceiling lights in the 3 rooms. Built an L-box with 3 downlights in each room to maintain a modern and sleek look within my house. Warm white for bedrooms for cosy intimate feel. Daylight for study, well this one self explanatory. :P

Since i didnt had any ceiling lights in the 3 rooms, i compensated with ceiling fans instead. Bought 4 sets from the same shop. Cost was abt $1.1k :) Hah! Hope that was some tip! :dunno:

Actually all Yeakers unit the grouting is great because he only uses one tiling team. U could ask Mr Yeak if he could show u ard some of his work. But yah, u can drop by my unit anytime just that its still covered with corrugated paper coz plastering works ongoing. :) So can only see wall tiles not floor. :lol:

Really shed some light on lightings. This is informative.

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
upnorth's blog i read and visited before...very :good: works done there lor..

its a jumbo if im not wrong coz Mr Yeak ever got ask me if i wna go see his work in a jumbo in wdlands..

her MBR toilet wall tiles abit like mine leh...didnt realise it...hope my outcome can be half as nice as hers...:thumbs up:

Oh...er...thanks lor Samy jie :yamseng: but i looking for open concept with bath tub leh...i know someone else got do it before...Lol... :rolleyes:

:notti: Everything El Nino's eyes can see, El Nino must see...wahahahaha! :notti:

the irony is, me and wife are conservative couple outside, but once at home.....lalalalalala... :sport-smiley-003:

but too bad my flat can hack walls for nuts...must be creative instead...:notti:

*note to self* - must spare budget for some thick curtains...just in case...:lol:

Dont do thick curtain lah, must let the outsiders to see your shadows mah, esp when u are at low floor, easily spotted from all side.

Then we can go ambush at night liao. woo hoo :bath:

Dont do thick curtain lah, must let the outsiders to see your shadows mah, esp when u are at low floor, easily spotted from all side.

u not scared later new nick is Peeping Tom ah? :sport-smiley-004:

Me no want to grow bak jiam! :rolleyes:

u not scared later new nick is Peeping Tom ah? :sport-smiley-004:

keke...maybe we can come out with a group name Flasher El & Peeping Ang. wahaha

Me no want to grow bak jiam! :rolleyes:

No bak jiam lah. Only shadow, the rest is up to your own imagination le. hoho :paint:

keke...maybe we can come out with a group name Flasher El & Peeping Ang. wahaha

No bak jiam lah. Only shadow, the rest is up to your own imagination le. hoho :paint:

wah..wah...not fair leh...then only i get to show the goods :notti:...

while u go ard enjoy the view ah??? 8|

will consider investing in some African Greys to act as sentry guards around my parameter... :rolleyes:

Lol.....machiam i stay castle sia... :D

wah..wah...not fair leh...then only i get to show the goods :notti:...

while u go ard enjoy the view ah??? 8|

will consider investing in some African Greys to act as sentry guards around my parameter... :rolleyes:

Lol.....machiam i stay castle sia... :D

Y not we exchange? I go inside to show off while u ambush outside?? wahaha

eh, El gor....actually u pretty close to my mum's place...she's at 3xx there and I'm usually at her place at weekends. next time when u move in i can go kachiau u liao.... :notti:

Ehhh...i got say before i staying which blk meh??? :unsure:

3xx near yishun north npc?

sure if both me and wife at home can drop by lor...but must get past all my booby traps and obstacle course lor...wahahaha...:bleah:

is ur hubby a gaming freak or a soccer fanatic btw?

Y not we exchange? I go inside to show off while u ambush outside?? wahaha

:o :o kns! who wants to ambush and see u?!?! 8|

so bo liao...wna form group but only target team mates...ahahahaha :bangwall:

Ehhh...i got say before i staying which blk meh??? :unsure:

3xx near yishun north npc?

sure if both me and wife at home can drop by lor...but must get past all my booby traps and obstacle course lor...wahahaha...:bleah:

no but u say 2xx mah...no my mum not near npc...further up. near yishun park. :D

my hubby semi game siao...not to the level of freak...now is iphone siao stage. not a soccer fanatic sorry, bet a couple of dollars once in a while that's all...phew lucky me :D

:o :o kns! who wants to ambush and see u?!?! 8|

so bo liao...wna form group but only target team mates...ahahahaha :bangwall:

waha..dont u know its easier to attack friends than attacking enemies?? keke

no but u say 2xx mah...no my mum not near npc...further up. near yishun park. :D

my hubby semi game siao...not to the level of freak...now is iphone siao stage. not a soccer fanatic sorry, bet a couple of dollars once in a while that's all...phew lucky me :D

Hey, yishun park is it near the newly BTO site?? I ballot for it last time but failed.

Iphone again. I just sign up mioplan bundle and sold off my xperia x10 with $260 profit.

now my turn to spill water :bleah:

Sorry loh... :P

Iphone again. I just sign up mioplan bundle and sold off my xperia x10 with $260 profit.

I am iphone addict! :yeah:

What is with soccer that all guys must love it. :unsure:

waha..dont u know its easier to attack friends than attacking enemies?? keke

Hey, yishun park is it near the newly BTO site?? I ballot for it last time but failed.

no lah...my mum stayed that more than 10yrs liao. I grew up in Yishun as a matter of fact.

Edited by samgalz

Sorry loh... :P

I am iphone addict! :yeah:

What is with soccer that all guys must love it. :unsure:

Guys like to see "balls" mah, while girls like to see..hmmm :dunno:

no lah...my mum stayed that more than 10yrs liao. I grew up in Yishun as a matter of fact.

Eh..no? I rem the BTO jade spring in yishun is beside some park and close to the river :unsure:

Btw, anyone knows y yishun housing are one of the lowest???

Edited by Angteko