Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongwen37

Notre Maison

Love your shoe cabinet. Now I start to think to ask Darren to include me the shoe cabinet as well. hehehe...

BTW, the electrical work, Plush Living help you to do it or you engage another contractor? Heard that Plush Living electrical works got problem. Did you encounter any so far?

I engaged the electrician from Plush Living to do up the electrical... Havent move in and still too early to tell whether there are any problems... Currently, during our visit to the house, all the lights that we switched on turns on... (Havent test all the power points with full load of electricity running yet).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I mentioned about the HDB permit to my ID and he said it is legal.. So, i assumed it is ok... He did apply permit to hack away a wall to create an entrance between the Guest Room and the Common Toilet though, but that was not approved...

well at least they approved your expansion, lucky you!

do you know what was the floor space that your bath was expanded by?

094.jpg

The space extended out is about 1.7m by 0.9m....

The space extended out is about 1.7m by 0.9m....

Actually it's not considered expansion as only the basin was installed there. So it's still considered dry area as there wouldn't be much splashing of water onto the floor. I installed my basin outside the bathroom and in the MBR also, no permit was needed for this. You can take a look at my blog to see the end result. :)

Edited by coldflamez

Actually it's not considered expansion as only the basin was installed there. So it's still considered dry area as there wouldn't be much splashing of water onto the floor. I installed my basin outside the bathroom and in the MBR also, no permit was needed for this. You can take a look at my blog to see the end result. :)

Yah.. That's why my ID didnt even apply permit for this.... But the funny thing is when i was sourcing for IDs, some said that it is illegal to bring the basin out... Lots of myths & whats right and whats wrong in the industry, I also dont know who to believe...

Yah.. That's why my ID didnt even apply permit for this.... But the funny thing is when i was sourcing for IDs, some said that it is illegal to bring the basin out... Lots of myths & whats right and whats wrong in the industry, I also dont know who to believe...

More likely, the ID wants to save the hassle of checking and applying the permit.

So, by saying it's illegal, the house owner would change the plan and ID would have easier life.

More likely, the ID wants to save the hassle of checking and applying the permit.

So, by saying it's illegal, the house owner would change the plan and ID would have easier life.

but thats just wrong..!

luckily i've got a patient renovator. already applied permit twice..both times rejected. and luckily i have time to wait.

and hongwen, yes its true. contractors all seem to have different notions of what's allowed and what's not allowed. a case in point - levelling of kitchen floors with the hall.

but thats just wrong..!

luckily i've got a patient renovator. already applied permit twice..both times rejected. and luckily i have time to wait.

and hongwen, yes its true. contractors all seem to have different notions of what's allowed and what's not allowed. a case in point - levelling of kitchen floors with the hall.

so if you want to get it done.. just go with those who say it's allowed :D

Hi Hongwen...

Really liked the way your house was designed.

Anyone out there can PM me contacts for Darren from Plush Living?

Hi Hongwen...

Really liked the way your house was designed.

Anyone out there can PM me contacts for Darren from Plush Living?

Thank you... I PM-ed you Darren's contact already...

House is almost done with most of the furniture in... Doing rectification work at the moment... Will post up photos of the final completed work...

Thank you... I PM-ed you Darren's contact already...

House is almost done with most of the furniture in... Doing rectification work at the moment... Will post up photos of the final completed work...

hongwen, how's living in the new place? do post some live in pics for us to :dribble: