Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:( oh man. didn't realise there are so many IDs/Contractors to choose from:

http://www.sgsmallbiz.com/Civil___Construction/

Am also thinking of whether to get a contractor or an ID. I kinda know what I want...or at least, what I do not want, so getting a contractor makes more sense for me. However, if the premium to engage an ID is not overly expensive, I will definitely opt for an ID. Coz an ID will (hopefully) help remove some coordination headache, and help me choose stuff eg toilet bowl - apparently you need to get one that fits the pipe & available space, I may be wrong coz I am doing all my research at the same time and am getting veli confused.

Tanglin Halt people are receiving notices already, so I don't think we are very far behind.

Kind souls who have obtained quotes already, pls pm me :sport-smiley-004:

:wacko: oh man. didn't realise there are so many IDs/Contractors to choose from:

http://www.sgsmallbiz.com/Civil___Construction/

Am also thinking of whether to get a contractor or an ID. I kinda know what I want...or at least, what I do not want, so getting a contractor makes more sense for me. However, if the premium to engage an ID is not overly expensive, I will definitely opt for an ID. Coz an ID will (hopefully) help remove some coordination headache, and help me choose stuff eg toilet bowl - apparently you need to get one that fits the pipe & available space, I may be wrong coz I am doing all my research at the same time and am getting veli confused.

Tanglin Halt people are receiving notices already, so I don't think we are very far behind.

Kind souls who have obtained quotes already, pls pm me :help:

Guess we are having the same dilemma - ID or contractor. :notti: Actually even with an ID, u need to go and choose the stuff also. The ID will bring you to their fixed supplier (probably one which they earn commission from) to choose the fittings. So my friend suggested that i source the stuff myself and get the ID to install it. Cheaper tat way...but i'm not sure if that'll work out for all IDs.

Think the best way now is to visit a few IDs and a few contractors and then compare for yourself. See which one you are most comfortable with and quote most reasonable. Really hard to base our decision on other ppl's experience. My friend just engaged a contractor after visiting 10 contractors! Really pei fu her perseverance..but i guess that's the way to go considering we have a tight budget. I haven't visited any yet so i can't comment much also.

Yah i saw some photos of a unit at Tanglin Halt...i personally don't like the design of the doors and the toilet tiles. Hope our toa payoh one will look better. :P

oh btw we don't need to select toilet bowls..hehe...coz it's already in! :jawdrop:

hihi... i'm oso thinking of getting ID/contractor but source my own tiles and accessories... guess that will be cheaper rite? and also u will get the quality tat u wan... :bangwall:

will the both toilets fully done up? kitchen's floor and wall tiles will also be done rite?

does anyone have gotten quotations from id/contractors? is it possible to pm/email me a copy? thanks!! :bangwall:

I think the toilet wall and floor tiles will be fully done up...but it should be quite ugly tiles bah... but we are not suppose to remove the tiles for 3 years right? HDB regulations.. :sport-smiley-004:

gui99, yup, we r not suppose to do any hacking for both toilets for i think 3-5 yrs... but we can overlay them with new tiles...

think i would wan to revamp the MBR toilet and leave the common toilet as it is :dunno:

hi

just came across singaporebrides forum and saw one posting by one of the forumer:

Common Toilet

i) Walls Tiles are White Top, Bluish Grey (something like that)

ii) Floor is Grey

Mast Toilet:

i) Walls Tiles Same

ii) Floor is a darker Grey

Cant dismantle for 3 yrs

Kitchen:

i) Walls Full White Tiles

ii) Floor Also White (Darker)

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1174900696

yeah i thinking of overlaying my toilet also...

saw some pictures in the forum before for HDB tiles....

they are really really really ugly.... too bad we dun have the choice to opt out to have those tiles...sigh...

Not much to update on the progress. Blk A's still at 39. I thought Blk D is complete, until I went to the back and saw one whole row of living room windows not installed yet because of the external construction lift.

Couldnt see tiles/doors colour. Hee hee.

Hi twotwobravo,

My bf and I just went to Unimax Creative opposite our block. Was attended by Desmond the manager. I felt that he provided good service and wasnt pushy at all. He was patient with us (cos we didnt know anything!! haha...they are the first ID we approached) and kindly showed us materials, designs till the point where all the other shops were closing liao...haha. So far, we like their designs and are pleased with the meeting. Told him of our budget (i.e. 20 - 25K). We actually went to him with some initial drawings and ideas for our flat but told him that we will leave it up to him to be creative in his concept !! He told us that he will get back to us with concept plan in 2 weeks time and we told him to take his time as we are not really in a rush (heard from him Blk 79D might be ready by Sept!! oohoo! :bangwall: He offered to pass us the layout once he's done for us to consult the geomancer, following which he will tweak the floorplan again if there are changes. He will then come up with the 3D perspectives of the various rooms/living rm/dining rm/kitchen. Can't wait to see his proposal..v excited now :sport-smiley-004: We did ask him if he cld give us good pricing and he assured us that his prices were competitive. Read some reviews on the Femalebrides forum that they are on the slightly pricey side but that their workmanship and efficiency was good. Reliable and dont have to worry will run off with your money kind...hehehe !!

Finally dropped by Unimax Creative. Maybe we can compare notes when I get the quote in 2 weeks :P

Edited by Mapleleaf

Bedroom doors are of beech/cherry colour (ehh medium wood colour; don't know what is correct name), can see thru the living room of the first few stories of Blk C.

And I saw packed tiles stacked in one unit but cannot see colour...only see cardboard packaging.

Just manage to walk pass our place yesterday...

They remove the netting between Blk A and B liaozz...I think prob will start to paint soon...

Can see the food court structure upz liao also :dunno:

wah....carelinwen....where you view the flats from?? I can't seem to see what's inside the rooms...

Hi gui99,

Busy lately so sorry for the late reply. I viewed from across the road (when I in bus zooming pass) during the morning. Can see into the 2nd-4th storey flats mah.

But just realised last evening that they have finished installing the living room windows for the Blk C 5-rms so cannot peep into those flats anymore.