Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Yel,

It's really very scary with the agents following. Actually I never stay at Blk 30 now. It seems that the block is more or less vacant.

I notice that there is indeed one more ID shop beside Unimax. But always saw a few uncles sitting there.

Not sure they are considered as designer. Six months cannot move in is quite long. But if can save 50%, then can still considered. But you never know whether it is really for showroom purposes unless you spot check often. :sport-smiley-018:

Blk 30 & 32 quite vacant. And one of my neighbour got robbed while walking along blk 32.

I doubt i will want to let my flat become showroom in order to save the reno $$$. a few of the uncles sitting there are the designers. but i heard from one of them a lot of their friends visit them. hahaha. maybe to boost the "ren chi"

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi future neighbours....

Just found this forum.... :bangwall:

My future wife and I will be staying at Block B... the lower block in-between towers...

Got the flat through balloting. Only the lower floors are left for us since our queue is so far behind :bangwall:

Hi future neighbours....

Just found this forum.... :D

My future wife and I will be staying at Block B... the lower block in-between towers...

Got the flat through balloting. Only the lower floors are left for us since our queue is so far behind :bleah:

Welcome gui99.

Look on the bright side you still manage to get a unit there. HDB gave my friend a chance to select but was put under pending review. Few mths after selection they turn her down.

Hehe yup i think so too.... was quite lucky to even get a place.

My previous two application for Seng Kang and Punggol failed. could not even get a queue number.

Hehe yup i think so too.... was quite lucky to even get a place.

My previous two application for Seng Kang and Punggol failed. could not even get a queue number.

Welcome gui99!

Blk 79A

sushibabe

sha08ron

justnoop

rickyer8

coco_mybibi

apple68

soudezne

poohnie23

HarryP

whiteboxer

Skywu

Blk 79B

bonkitty

twotwobravo

jen t

carelinwen

Slog

gui99

Blk 79C

doremi

humster / nancy

meowie49

Bethel

Derrick

Stardust

Blk 79D

Yel

yingsan

droplets

Blk 79E

Mapleleaf

hobbes

axis

Happy

kiwy

Darry

Hi welcome gui99 :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks carelinwen :notti:

Thanks bonkitty for adding me to the list ;)

My morning shuttle bus passes our place every morning... its a pain to see Blk A still crawling slowly up.. :(

I think its only at 37 floor :(:(

Hi there future neighbours! :)

Finally found a thread for TP Blk79! so happy :) I'm staying in Blk 79D. Just as excited as all you guys and glad to hear that the first batch of flats might be released in August!! :dancingqueen: I've been looking ard for IDs on the forums..shortlisted a few liao and hope to meet up with them after my bf finishes his exams in June!!

Oh, btw, I heard the lift bell ring last week! Yup..think they are testing the lifts already for some of the blks :) so exciting :sport-smiley-004:

hello

since there are some of here already looking at ID/Contractor for info/price/design....

i suggest that we can post our findings/feedbacks here.

just to share how we feel about the service/price etc on the companies.

------------

that day i walking past one of the id shop opp our new block, they are still asking for people to let them do their hse as showflat for 6 mths. they will bill at cost price.

they already design a concept/plan for one of the layout for blk B and D house.

( they might have more, cos i only saw one, which they put outside their shop)

-----------

Hi twotwobravo,

My bf and I just went to Unimax Creative opposite our block. Was attended by Desmond the manager. I felt that he provided good service and wasnt pushy at all. He was patient with us (cos we didnt know anything!! haha...they are the first ID we approached) and kindly showed us materials, designs till the point where all the other shops were closing liao...haha. So far, we like their designs and are pleased with the meeting. Told him of our budget (i.e. 20 - 25K). We actually went to him with some initial drawings and ideas for our flat but told him that we will leave it up to him to be creative in his concept :P He told us that he will get back to us with concept plan in 2 weeks time and we told him to take his time as we are not really in a rush (heard from him Blk 79D might be ready by Sept!! oohoo! :P He offered to pass us the layout once he's done for us to consult the geomancer, following which he will tweak the floorplan again if there are changes. He will then come up with the 3D perspectives of the various rooms/living rm/dining rm/kitchen. Can't wait to see his proposal..v excited now :yamseng: We did ask him if he cld give us good pricing and he assured us that his prices were competitive. Read some reviews on the Femalebrides forum that they are on the slightly pricey side but that their workmanship and efficiency was good. Reliable and dont have to worry will run off with your money kind...hehehe :P

Thus far, what I've gathered is that they have CaseTrust (meaning that they are accredited and if got any complains can go to CASE), are HBay recommended and provide 8 years warrenty for workmanship. My bf is keen to try them out cos the first mtg went well and we feel comfortable with Desmond. Furthermore, just opposite our block so I warned Desmond in jest tat if I find sthg I dislike abt the reno I will scream from my window!! hahahaha...but frankly speaking, I dont mind getting them cos I work nearby and my bf stays in TP so we can pop by v often to visit. I asked him about discounts and free gifts and he say will see what they can give us for the house (we said we wanted a bathtub and he said he can give us one!!) But we'll keep our options open still :) I'm also contemplating IntraDesign and maybe GPlan cos I read the Singaporebrides forum and Renotalk and they highly recommend these few.

Not sure which of the IDs opposite our flat that offer the showflat package but discussed with my bf and he's quite keen (cos can save money :) anybody can share what is the name of the ID? There's a Substance Interior and a Living Arts Interior Design if I'm not wrong.

What a lengthy post..sorry if I bored any of you guys :) Will keep you updated on the proposal when I receive it yah! :D

Welcome Ikoice & gui99 :D

Update on Blk A - a couple of walls are up for level 38. I hope it's 38 coz i didn't count :yamseng:

Ikoice, you have inspired me to check out Unimax. Did you need to pay a deposit?

Welcome Ikoice.

Ya like Mapleleaf said, I am also tempted to go check them out liao, though I am still hesitant about getting ID.. since I do not like built in furnishing except kitchen and maybe wardrobes, I am thinking of going for contractors instead.

Got no budget for expensive ID concepts... when some of my friends said they spent $30K or more on reno alone, I was thinking if I spend $30K then my house have to make "Korean style" i.e. no bed, sofa, dining table etc.. cos will have no more $$ left to buy those.

Hi Ikoice,

Welcome!

I think it's a good time for you to start sourcing for IDs now cos 79B, C and D will most likely to collect the keys early. I did walk past Unimax Creative and look through their web-site. I think that their design is not bad but not sure about their workmanship. However, it's better to look for other IDs as well before lock down as you never know what others have to offer.

Actually I intended to look for IDs now based on those recomended in the forum. But I think it's better to draft out what I want before meeting them. So that there are not cost addition later on.

Do updates us on the progress if you really choose Unimax Creative.