Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

Also got my letter Blk A, Date of Completed scheduled is 1st Qtr 08.

So have to start get things going liao..

More or less should be doing up my AD around end of 08. Any date from Oct - Dec 08.

Ermm.. OT abit.. Can enlightened how to get both parents come together for a meal..

Felt like first meeting only talk about marriage liao abit like business dealing..

Now hunting for impt stuff liao.. Brand, model, price..

From big shopping malls then go to small ones to get supplier price

Thanks for your help.

Hi guys,

Glad to see so many people responding to this thread again.

Anyone knows whether is there a guideline from HDB saying that once you get the key for your new home, you need to complete the renovation within how many months?

I received the same letter from HDB indicating my new home will be ready by 4th Qtr 07. However, my wife is delivering in Dec and I think that it is not a good time to do renovation at that time. Therefore, it is better to start early next year.

I heard from others that renovation between Chinese new year, the contractor tends to be very rush since all the people want to have a new home before CNY. So the workmanship might not be good. Not sure whether it's true, so might only starts after CNY.

Hello...

I've got a general quotation from 1 of the ID. those standard package pricing for 4rm & 5rm are stated ard 14K & 15K respectively. are there any hidden items which is not included as i believe most of those quotation you all have get was ard 20+K.

Hi all,

Also got my letter Blk A, Date of Completed scheduled is 1st Qtr 08.

So have to start get things going liao..

More or less should be doing up my AD around end of 08. Any date from Oct - Dec 08.

Ermm.. OT abit.. Can enlightened how to get both parents come together for a meal..

Felt like first meeting only talk about marriage liao abit like business dealing..

Now hunting for impt stuff liao.. Brand, model, price..

From big shopping malls then go to small ones to get supplier price

Thanks for your help.

Hi Darwing

for my case, both side of our parents hadnt seen each other b4 until the day of my rom. and the very first time they sit down together and talk, was over food tasting. initially i oso worry like very "Kan Ka" and strange to put 2 families over the meal just like that... but things went smoothly... they just start talking....

Happy preparing for your wedding!!

Hi Darry,

I dun think there is a timeframe to do your reno.

But I tink will have to pay SSC once you get ur keys...

Hi soudenze

I tink for 4rm reno should cost abt $20k... those std package only include very basic items so when u start adding more items, the price also shot up..

I will only start my ID search in Oct since I will be getting my keys in 1stQ2008

Hi Darkwing

Can't be much help cos mine parents and his parents only met on my ROM. My mum is more chatty so both mums started to talk lor.. In e end is my grandma and his grandma chatted the most and really hit off :dunno:

Hello TP blk 79 folks...

Wow.. this is a very long thread.. I was doing some reno homework and chance upon this thread... so glad to see so many ppl going to be my neighhours.. I've got a unit in Blk79D.. :dunno:

Hi soudezne

I also got a quotation from one ID. Not those general package but by items. The quote is about 22k excluding air-con. So i guess by the time you add this and that to those general package it will raise up to 20k +++

If you check around the forum, some of them advise to get the quote itemize so that you will be able to compare which item is more expensive. Those interested can check out GnM's blog... he have some strategies which might be useful.

http://gnmrenovation.blogspot.com/

Hi Darry

As you got the unit after it was announced enbloc. There should be a time frame for your renovation which is about 4 months starting from the day you collect the key(Not sure about this but you better check with HDB) Only those who got through BE won't have a time frame for renovation. Don't forget HDB will take back the unit you bought through SERS. Even though you don't have compensation on the unit, there is still a vaulation by HDB right?

Welcome Snuffleupagus!:)

You got the unit through balleting or enbloc? Me also in 79D.. hehehe you high rise or low rise.

Hi Bonkitty and Soudezne,

Thanks for the insight. Real helpful. At least got some hope.. As my own parents are rather open minded and rather not so particular about tradition as its really too expensive and not worth it to spend such an amount just for the sake of it, they would prefer a simple wedding and the rest spend on the house or honeymoon. More meaningful and enjoyable.

On the other hand my future Parents-in-law can still compromise on some but certain traditions cannot go without as my wife to be is their eldest and only daughter of the home.

So more particular. Anyway.. see how it goes. Need to prepare abit to ask just as I ask for their approval to apply for flat.

As for the flat. Now more or less got the mattress brand and model done.. should be either simmons or serta top model. should be around 5K (over budget) for the mattress and the supporting mattress and the rest.

Sofa still need to think abit saw fabric one at my friends condo, firm and comfortable not hot after sitting for quite awhile and washable.

the elect appliance for kitchen still hunting.. only the washing machine is done.. fridge is more or less a 3dr 400++ litres size..

Anyway see how it goes about.. now feeling the timeline suddenly shortened.. haha.. Big day and Reno all in a yr. and everything together..

Good luck planning pple..

Good to have a nice gathering once all is settle down.

So many neighbours having or buffet at the sky garden haha..

Large crowd man..

Hi Yel,

Me same as you... en-bloc(kers) hehe :rofl: ... we are already neighbours now......

I will be on the high rise.. above 35... what abt u ??? I read somewhere in the thread that u are on the high rise too... mayb we are on the same floor... :notti:

Hi Yel,

Thanks for the info. I think it's true that there might be a time frame of approximately 4 months before i need to move over. Therefore , i think need to start looking fo ID, at least confirm the design and start reno after CNY.

Hi Darkwing,

Another brand which you can also take a look for your mattress is Sealy. Quaite a reutable brand as compared to Simmons.

Hi Snuffleupagus,

You are real lucky to get a unit above 35. I can only get one on the 26 storey. Think that it's still quite low because there is a 25 storey flat beside blk 177. Might just block my view when there is fireworks near marina.

Hi Darry,

Well... if you consider that lucky.. I was actually the last few in the SERs queue when I choose my flat... so I juz cheong the highest that I can find... but my unit is facing Bishan.. cos the South facing units all got snapped up already.

Hi Yel,

If you saw my message.... we can have a lift lobby party next time hehehe ... :(

Hi all 79ers,

I am new here.

I am from the 79D, level 31. (90 m)

Currently looking for an ID.

Just received the HDB letter too about the completion date.

(4th quarter 2007)

any good recommendations?

Hi tension_z

welcome to the forum :dancingqueen:

How come everyone lives so high one.... ;)

I have considered 11th floor

because of the high ceiling but gave up the idea, scare very hard to clean.

Hi tension_z

welcome to the forum :sport-smiley-004:

How come everyone lives so high one.... :P

When lift break down or when buy "teck kor"/other items that cannot fit lift then we envy you back lor.... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Snuffleupagus and tension_z!