Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Haha... too bad I cannot even see macritchie from my place loh, only can see the roof of the block at the back.

I using samsung LCD series 4 ah, overall not too bad ah. It actually depends on what series and model you are comparing Samsung with Sony, to me the only difference I can visually notice is the color vibrancy when watching DVD. If watching TV only, it is all the same....

If you compare a HD ready with a Full HDTV then the difference in resolution would be 720dpi and 1080dpi, unless you are watching HDTV programmes or Blu-ray disc the difference will not be that great. Another thing to notice is the bigger the TV, the more the pixels will be interpolated and stretched accordingly, thats why you will see the blurrness in certain areas of the TV programme.

If you compare directly a 32 inch LCD with a 40 inch LCD side by side playing the same TV programme, you will then notice that the 32 inch is much sharper and clearer (even the subtitles below).

Also take note of LCD vs Plasma, there is a difference in electrical consumption and heat emitted from the TV (including harmful UV's).

Good luck in TV hunting...

Hope I did not get any of the explanation wrongly :notti:

Hey Dracula,

- wow, u sell TV part-time? :dribble:

- can i ask u 2 tack along wen i go buy tv? :unsure:

- think u explain more in-depth than e salesperson at Courts or Best Denki. :horse:

- wat abt Philips? Heard its much cheaper but e yrly sales is in sept. :o

:dunno:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey stay79,

- nice meeting u & family. :D

- thk u 4 ur mini-tour. Now i got 1 more frndly neighbour. :drunk:

- s i'v said earlier, ur flat is well designed, e images r stil flashing in my head... :sport-smiley-004:

- combination of natural colors wif matching bold colors, making full use of e limited space by custom made furnitures & built-in carpentry. :thumbs up:

- e best part is ur tv console. If use bolder color, it wld b kinda retro & wld definitely enhance my living rm theme. :idea:

- shal see whether 2 add anot... :notti:

:seeya:

Edited by jaCKY777

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

- 2day e citygas guy cum activate my gas supply.

- but they scratched my hob.

- my neighbour see liao, he said WOW, CANOT LAH, IT WILL RUST WITH TIME.

- s it is not hairline scratch, it is very obvious wen standing infront of e hob. e more i see it e more i feel sad.

- dunoe by complainin 2 citygas wil they compensate.

- see e pix below, justify urself, see whether i fussy anot?

:(:(:(

f_DSC00188m_77ba19f.jpg

f_DSC00202m_fd3c392.jpg

f_DSC00203m_d6e056a.jpg

Hey Dracula,

- wow, u sell TV part-time? :dribble:

- can i ask u 2 tack along wen i go buy tv? :unsure:

- think u explain more in-depth than e salesperson at Courts or Best Denki. :horse:

- wat abt Philips? Heard its much cheaper but e yrly sales is in sept. :o

Hey Jacky,

I only did some homework before deciding on the suitable tv ah.

Anyway the few I would not personally recommend strongly is Philips, Sharp, Panasonic. But if you like the colors and vibrancy then just get it.

:notti:

In times of despair and desperation... it's always good to have a laugh... at our overpaid but under performing Gahmen!

The Mr Brown Show - You Are Not Alone

YOU ARE NOT ALONE (SINGAPORE ECONOMY EDITION)

Economy contract

You just might get the sack

Your leaders understand

Because we are your friend

Recession has arrived

And salaries will dive

Don't worry, we're in charge

We make a million bucks

Everybody thinks we make too much

And we are out of touch

But from the bottom of our gahmen hearts we say

You are not alone

The Gahmen's here with you

Though our incomes far apart

We also take pay cut

You are not alone

Ministers suffer too

Every month could buy S-Class

Now can only buy E-Class

You are not alone

If you're retrenched I'll scold your company

And ask them why they never care

Like we care

You are not alone

The Gahmen's one with you

Let us feel you in the dark

You can feel us play your part

You are not alone

We'll face the storm with you

Though we stay Sixth Avenue

But we feel for Punggol too

You are not alone

The Gahmen's close to you

So close we touch your heart

So close we smell your fart

You are not alone

We are here for good

When recession goes away

We'll restore our pay

You are not alone

hmm.... this few days so quiet here.

central got celebration tomorrow night

btw, they had just put up Christmas decoration too.

IMHO, I think the X'mas lighting decor over at TPY Central is visually much better looking than the pathetic eye sore in Orchard Road! Uniquely Sinkapore indeed!

- e pte development at lor 1A had started work.

- e DBSS site at lor 1A had started 2 fence up olso. Judging frm e 'angle' & 'location' & 'height' of e yet-2b-built new flats, i think e magnificent view of Macritchie Reservoir frm blk 79 wil b blocked. :~

hmm, didn't notice able to view Macritchie Reservoir. which block can view it? Me staying @ blk E, or is it I staying too low so can't see it. :dunno:

hmm, didn't notice able to view Macritchie Reservoir. which block can view it? Me staying @ blk E, or is it I staying too low so can't see it. :dunno:

Think most blocks will have a view of Mac reservoir if u are of a certain elevation and also facing the right direction. I am at E too but can see the constructions going on at Lor 1. ****.

Ya....sooner or later, our views will be slowly blocked off and we'll not be known as CENTRAL HORIZON but CENTRAL _____ (open for suggestions) :D

- e Bakutek opp stil has its crowd but not s crowded s b4 liao. :bleah:

- e nos. of patrons at our beluv foodpark had reduced, esp during evening peak hrs.

- e chicken stall at our beluv foodpark had ceased business olso. :o

- e stall is available 4 rent. Interested party can cal e hp. no. stated on e notice which is pasted on e stall front. :deal:

- All e lift lobbies at 12th sty hav a CCTV.

- in e whole sky garden, there r quite a nos. of CCTV.

- there r olso quite a few hidden areas which r not under CCTV surveillance. :o

- 2nite, saw a grp of non-chinese drinking at 1 of e corner wher e CCTV is out of action. Some of them r not wearing any shirt, showing off e smudged tattoos.

(stare & stare wen i walk passed, dunoe wats on their mind) :huh:

- olso saw a couple kinda 'intimating' at 1 of e corner wher e CCTV is out of action.

(cant b bothered wen i walk passed, mayb too engrossed) :wub:

- olso saw a grp of youngster 'eating' & 'puffing' at 1 of e corner wher e CCTV is out of action.

(stare & stare wen i walk passed, like wana fight type). :fire:

- with e CCTVs installed & Residents-On-Patrol patrolling & men-in-blue patrolling, how cum stil got non-residents hanging around at e sky garden?

- Izit e CCTV is for show only?

- Izit e 'Patrol' is merely taking a stroll thru e garden?

- Izit e sky garden is too attractive a garden liao?

- or izit i kpo too much liao?

:unsure::wacko:

- e nos. of patrons at our beluv foodpark had reduced, esp during evening peak hrs.

- e stall is available 4 rent. Interested party can cal e hp. no. stated on e notice which is pasted on e stall front. :deal:

- 2nite, saw a grp of non-chinese drinking at 1 of e corner wher e CCTV is out of action. Some of them r not wearing any shirt, showing off e smudged tattoos.

- olso saw a couple kinda 'intimating' at 1 of e corner wher e CCTV is out of action.

- olso saw a grp of youngster 'eating' & 'puffing' at 1 of e corner wher e CCTV is out of action.

- with e CCTVs installed & Residents-On-Patrol patrolling & men-in-blue patrolling, how cum stil got non-residents hanging around at e sky garden?

The CCTVs can only serve as a deterrence. This trouble makers and social scums will still find ways and means to make themselves comfortable if they are determined to.

As such, we as residents will need to serve as the second line of defence. If we see any unsavoury characters or activities going on, the onus is on us to feedback to Toa Payoh NPC - 6251-9999.

If every residents adopt a Bor Chap attitude, put hundreds of CCTV around the garden also no use.

BTW, I notice that a particular light blue Mercedes E200, SGM 9986 has been making the CRC (Centralized rubbish collection point) infront of Blk 79C his personal "Free" parking lot (at the entrance of the multi-storey carpart) instead of parking in the MSCP. You can find this Merc parked there almost everyday.

08122008009qc3.jpg]My Webpage

What is this guy thinking?? Causing inconvenience to users of the service road (residents can't drop of passengers) and causing all the honking from the garbage truck everyday. Can afford to buy a Merc but can't afford to pay for proper parking....... :furious:

If any socially responsible see this idiot parking there, please help to feedback to HDB carpark enforcement - 1800-2721409.

Edited by CUTEBABY

The chicken rice stall in our foodcourt was quite ok. $2.50 the quantity quite alot. Standard ok so-so, nothing to shout about. I guess all these stall holders kena killed by the rental and landlords.

The CCTV in our beloved sky garden are not monitored 'live'. Only when something happens then they'll come and download the video to review. So even when a real crime is committed, don't expect them to take 'immediate' action. You die your own business. Better to be on guard when walking there at night.

It acts more as a deterrent to those would-be trouble makers. Though some non-chinese may still hang around the sky garden drinking Jack Daniel without any clothes on. Proudly showing off their 'fierce' ang-kong. Seen this group a few times before the CCTVs were installed. Littering the table and floor with plastic cups and cigarette butts. Nothing much the authorities can do, unless they go to extreme and create trouble or vandalise or disturb the residents.

The scene is much better now after the installation of the CCTVs. No more grafitti on the walls, and fewer suspicious characters loitering at night. Mostly students and couples.

Noticed they also installed some big signages on the sky garden. Indicating "79A" to "79E" in bright orange. Well at least they still have some money left after the failed investments to install these signages!

Edited by meepok

The CCTVs can only serve as a deterrence. This trouble makers and social scums will still find ways and means to make themselves comfortable if they are determined to.

As such, we as residents will need to serve as the second line of defence. If we see any unsavoury characters or activities going on, the onus is on us to feedback to Toa Payoh NPC - 6251-9999.

If every residents adopt a Bor Chap attitude, put hundreds of CCTV around the garden also no use.

BTW, I notice that a particular light blue Mercedes E200, SGM 9986 has been making the CRC (Centralized rubbish collection point) infront of Blk 79C his personal "Free" parking lot (at the entrance of the multi-storey carpart) instead of parking in the MSCP. You can find this Merc parked there almost everyday.

What is this guy thinking?? Causing inconvenience to users of the service road (residents can't drop of passengers) and causing all the honking from the garbage truck everyday. Can afford to buy a Merc but can't afford to pay for proper parking....... :furious:

If any socially responsible see this idiot parking there, please help to feedback to HDB carpark enforcement - 1800-2721409.

LOL! Merc driver again!

Not say I mouth bad but I detest most Merc, Lexus & BMW drivers. The worst of the lot are the Merc idiots! I'm sure most of you who drives will agree... 9 out of 10 Merc drivers think they own the bloody roads & LTA! And they have no sense of driving skills either!

I suspect the driver of this Merc could be from one of the shops below blk 79... suspect only. Cos never seen the car parked there at night.

E-Class only think he owns the road... ha!

LOL! Merc driver again!

Not say I mouth bad but I detest most Merc, Lexus & BMW drivers. The worst of the lot are the Merc idiots! I'm sure most of you who drives will agree... 9 out of 10 Merc drivers think they own the bloody roads & LTA! And they have no sense of driving skills either!

I suspect the driver of this Merc could be from one of the shops below blk 79... suspect only. Cos never seen the car parked there at night.

E-Class only think he owns the road... ha!

Talk about shops in our blocks. Just curious, y are there so many foot massage shops?

Talk about shops in our blocks. Just curious, y are there so many foot massage shops?

- foot massage parlour, 2 nos. only rite?

- but think e business not dat gd. Everytime wen i walk past e shop, most of e time e masseurs r watching tv.

- in comparison, e 1 at TPY Ctrl, b4 e mrt ntrance, it is full-hse most of e time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey neighbours,

- any1 is a subscriber of Singtel MIO TV?

- hows e bundle movies channel? Nice anot?

- hows e broadband connectivity interms of speed?

- in comparison 2 Starhub Cable TV, which of dis 2 offers e better deal?

- any other review & feedback?

Maybe many will be tired after taking the complete 79 experience round the 5 blocks and up and down 40 storeys? LOL

Saw a few of them non-local masseur ladies sitting infront of the shops... reminds me of "those" massage parlours in People's Park. Except for the touting part, otherwise jialat liao!

- foot massage parlour, 2 nos. only rite?

- but think e business not dat gd. Everytime wen i walk past e shop, most of e time e masseurs r watching tv.

- in comparison, e 1 at TPY Ctrl, b4 e mrt ntrance, it is full-hse most of e time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey neighbours,

- any1 is a subscriber of Singtel MIO TV?

- hows e bundle movies channel? Nice anot?

- hows e broadband connectivity interms of speed?

- in comparison 2 Starhub Cable TV, which of dis 2 offers e better deal?

- any other review & feedback?

IMHO... I don't think MIO TV is worth it if it's movies you're looking for... The connection is not very stable, keeps hanging and freezing from what I experienced at a friend's place. Then you got to keep restarting the modem or the MIO box.

Starhub Movie channel... unless you don't mind watching "edited" movies.

Just get a good broadband connection and you'll have the world of movies at your mouse click *wink* *wink*

And I'm not talking about YouTube or Bit Torrent stuff :notti: