Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Assembly - Diy Of Ikea Products

Hi guys,

I was told by IKEA that they charge 6% assembly costs of the price of products we buy. I am wondering if it is easy to assemble the products ourselves.

Anyone try before?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi guys,

I was told by IKEA that they charge 6% assembly costs of the price of products we buy. I am wondering if it is easy to assemble the products ourselves.

Anyone try before?

I bought a fair bit of stuff from Ikea, and those that I bought, it is easy to install.... Those stuff that I bought are sofa, TV consoles, dining table, modular shelves etc....

and I am not exactly a handy man type ...

Go for it...:)

Edited by wcseow

Hi guys,

Anyone try before?

thanks...i am not a handyman type too...so was worried

would be easier to also have those cordless power screw driver. makes the job a lot easier. just follow the included instructions closely, there are holes where screws should go and some for the wooden pegs.

Hi guys,

Anyone try before?

It depends on what u buy lor. I have assembled the glass display by my partner and myself while the bed frame is assembled by IKEA team. So it depends on how bulky the item is.

To "handyman" like me, it is easy. To those never hold a screwdriver, not to mention allen key, sure difficult.

To build confidence, start from small & easy stuff. Few wk ago, just "trained" son to assemble a unfinished-surface, pine wood-chair. Only through hand on, you gain experience then comes confidence. Sit and forever talk will end you to nowhere.

Edited by bepgof

Make sure to check the correct sides and installation guide.

Esp, if there are marking like (.) or (...) must follow.

Otherwise, must dismantle again and fixed back.

Even if you are not a handyman..... just follow the simple step-by-step instructions and you will not go wrong... but sprinkle in a little common sense and VIOLA!

(be warned though... I hv come across some of the instructions which are pretty confusing and one needs to figure out how the thing works. I have also written and informed IKEA)