Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bepgof

Hdb Take Back Flat

ask u all ar..

I remember (don't know remember correctly or not)

some yrs back before HDB relax the rule.

I remember there are rule stated private owner cannot buy HDB even it is resale HDB, correct or not?

HDB owner buy private property , MUST stay @ HDB.

Should the HDB go back to the old rule?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Lol..if I am not wrong, a person if owns a private property and HDB flat (resale and direct), he has to stay in the HDB flat. That is the current rule still. Whether he buys HDB first or buy private property does not matter.

This rule not in force yet. Pay 4% PT to property where u stay, pay 10% PT to property u rent out. "Only 3%" of qualified HDB owners who sublet whole unit - I guessed gov considered this figure is "acceptable", so not further action to these ppl.

But, after Pohs' case, expected a increase to this figure, cos ppl do not want to "get-caught" or being "tipped off".

This rule is quite a powerful tool but desstructive to GE vote. Expected will come into force after GE.

Edited by bepgof

Yes, there are many rich Agents....unfortunately i'm not one of them :(

There's a lot of competition in this line. I heard of some agents even stalk house owners at lift lobbies in order to get business.

In fact, my sil tried to work as a part-time agent early last year but no business & failed in it. Now she works in another line.

The starting part is always the toughest. An agent has to build enough contacts and network to be successful. Jia you!

Edited by forgotten

This rule not in force yet. Pay 4% PT to property where u stay, pay 10% PT to property u rent out. "Only 3%" of qualified HDB owners who sublet whole unit - I guessed gov considered this figure is "acceptable", so not further action to these ppl.

But, after Pohs' case, expected a increase to this figure, cos ppl do not want to "get-caught" or being "tipped off".

This rule is quite a powerful tool but desstructive to GE vote. Expected will come into force after GE.

Agree. Govt is trying hard to please everyone and doesn't dare to roll out any rule that will piss many people off because election is coming lol.

There's a lot of competition in this line. I heard of some agents even stalk house owners at lift lobbies in order to get business.

In fact, my sil tried to work as a part-time agent early last year but no business & failed in it. Now she works in another line.

The starting part is always the toughest. An agent has to build enough contacts and network to be successful. Jia you!

Thanks for your encouragement! :)

someone told me this case, where the wife is gg thru divorce. and she got 3 kids so now staying with her parents. she rented out her flat which she bought 1.5 years... like that cannot also right? but she really need the rental income cos of debts.

she seem quite poor thing, cos the hubby got a lot of debts and she's paying them, so besides her own full time job, she only got money from the rental to sustain... all the while, she's the sole breadwinner of the family... so if she don't have the rental money, she can't make ends meet.... i wonder if HDB can provide some concession on this case...

Yes. HDB in such cases might give concession. If all else fails, writing to the MP will definately ensure some understanding is given.

Frankly. HDB can't go to every house and knock and check if really got people staying, so they will need other people to whistle blow to inform them of any illegal activities etc or illegal subletting.

oh.. that's nice to hear.... she must be on tenterhooks on this new ruling.... i will see how i can pass this message to her.... thanks phantom!

oh.. that's nice to hear.... she must be on tenterhooks on this new ruling.... i will see how i can pass this message to her.... thanks phantom!

Sure thing. Just make sure that to tell her to get all the proof of debts in the form of statements etc, then give them a break down of the financials etc..

I always believe that the government or related agencies will give leeway for genuine cases.

someone told me this case, where the wife is gg thru divorce. and she got 3 kids so now staying with her parents. she rented out her flat which she bought 1.5 years... like that cannot also right? but she really need the rental income cos of debts.

she seem quite poor thing, cos the hubby got a lot of debts and she's paying them, so besides her own full time job, she only got money from the rental to sustain... all the while, she's the sole breadwinner of the family... so if she don't have the rental money, she can't make ends meet.... i wonder if HDB can provide some concession on this case...

Since the rules are new, there are some details to iron out as well....for cases where people are really in need try to appeal to MP to help....

1. HDB is not a private limited co. "Financial dificulties" give way to this rules?, wait long long. If someone in HDB allows this and made known to the public, super super long Q will be seen. Think of the consequences.

2. Rules have be to strictly followed, unless there are loopholes.

3. If she approaches MP, MP most likely "introduce" her more job, or refer her to "non-profit" making org for help. And the ball keeps rolling/knock here & there until she bleeds & gives up......

4. If unit is under husband & wife and divorce is confirmed... unit has to be sold away! Be prepared!

Edited by bepgof

1. HDB is not a private limited co. "Financial dificulties" give way to this rules?, wait long long. If someone in HDB allows this and made known to the public, super super long Q will be seen. Think of the consequences.

2. Rules have be to strictly followed, unless there are loopholes.

3. If she approaches MP, MP most likely "introduce" her more job, or refer her to "non-profit" making org for help. And the ball keeps rolling/knock here & there until she bleeds & gives up......

4. If unit is under husband & wife and divorce is confirmed... unit has to be sold away! Be prepared!

Actually, there is no harm appealing, i've heard of cases where HDB actually accepts appeals (BUT, that situation is different from this one)

There is many things not made known to the public, if in doubt just appeal....you never know....

bepgof, is right, I forgot to mention in divorce case, once the court order is sent to them....they have to sell within 6-months if under both names

i'm not sure if she will request for the flat during the divorce. don't know her personally so i won't know.

but i do have a friend who's recently divorced, got her div papers beginning of this year. the court order granted her the flat and she's allowed to transfer to her own name, don't need to sell. however, in the event she decides to sell, the CPF money that the ex-hubby contributed for the house will also be transferred to her CPF account, there's no need to pay her ex-hubby.

another friend of mine currently going through divorce was held back cos her lawyer told her it's not possible to transfer the flat to one person's name, have to sell or buy over from the husband. even the lawyer don't know the new rules that transfer to one person's name is possible, including CPF and all..

i guess really no harm appealing ba....

i'm not sure if she will request for the flat during the divorce. don't know her personally so i won't know.

but i do have a friend who's recently divorced, got her div papers beginning of this year. the court order granted her the flat and she's allowed to transfer to her own name, don't need to sell. however, in the event she decides to sell, the CPF money that the ex-hubby contributed for the house will also be transferred to her CPF account, there's no need to pay her ex-hubby.

another friend of mine currently going through divorce was held back cos her lawyer told her it's not possible to transfer the flat to one person's name, have to sell or buy over from the husband. even the lawyer don't know the new rules that transfer to one person's name is possible, including CPF and all..

i guess really no harm appealing ba....

alamak, so many friends divorcing?