Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bepgof

Hdb Take Back Flat

i'm not sure if she will request for the flat during the divorce. don't know her personally so i won't know.

but i do have a friend who's recently divorced, got her div papers beginning of this year. the court order granted her the flat and she's allowed to transfer to her own name, don't need to sell. however, in the event she decides to sell, the CPF money that the ex-hubby contributed for the house will also be transferred to her CPF account, there's no need to pay her ex-hubby.

another friend of mine currently going through divorce was held back cos her lawyer told her it's not possible to transfer the flat to one person's name, have to sell or buy over from the husband. even the lawyer don't know the new rules that transfer to one person's name is possible, including CPF and all..

i guess really no harm appealing ba....

To transfer the house to your friend's name, her husband must agree to it. If her husband doesn't agree to it, your friend will have to buy over the house share from him.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
alamak, so many friends divorcing?

I have roughly 10 friends who are divorcees.

Divorce statistic is 33% in Singapore.

Edited by forgotten

ya.. many divorcing.. usually troubled over the flat lor. oh yes, 2 of the friends i mentioned, both have got the flats with the ex-hubby's blessings...

it's so easy to get married, so difficult to divorce..

and .... how often need to show that marriage cert? I only know of 2 occasions. Pri Sch registration and HDB grants. Any other occasion?

1. HDB is not a private limited co. "Financial dificulties" give way to this rules?, wait long long. If someone in HDB allows this and made known to the public, super super long Q will be seen. Think of the consequences.

2. Rules have be to strictly followed, unless there are loopholes.

3. If she approaches MP, MP most likely "introduce" her more job, or refer her to "non-profit" making org for help. And the ball keeps rolling/knock here & there until she bleeds & gives up......

4. If unit is under husband & wife and divorce is confirmed... unit has to be sold away! Be prepared!

1. I know friends who have financial difficulties and HDB have given approval to rent out during MOP to assist.

3. 1 case initially not approved, approved MP and MP forward to HDB, who called them back and they managed to get it approved.

4. If undergoing divorce, definately have to sell HDB regardless of any situation unless court grant to sell to ex-wife. It really depends.

Edited by Phantom

These ppl set bad example and take marriage as child play. Dun know the true meaning of the rings exchanged and the words EXPRESSED in front of so many people, some even to God (for my case). Ring=round=No beginning and no end.

Edited by bepgof

Just because people divorce doesn't mean that they set bad examples and treat marriage as child's play

I have at 4-5 friends who are divorcees and they are very nice people.

and .... how often need to show that marriage cert? I only know of 2 occasions. Pri Sch registration and HDB grants. Any other occasion?

when u registered your child birth.

Just because people divorce doesn't mean that they set bad examples and treat marriage as child's play

That's very true. There are many reasons behind a divorce.

My divorcee friends definitely didn't take their marriages as child's play. Some were due to their spouses' infidelity, some were due to serious character incompatibility. I saw how much pain they went through sigh.

Edited by forgotten

Before 2 becomes 1 body, they make VOW, to each other, and in front a pool of witness, signed on MC and exchanged ring reminding them of today's event & the VOW they've made. Divorcing is a form of breaking the VOW.

I think MND & ROM should make couple compulsorily attending premarital seminar/workshop, truely understand WHAT they are doing, only then allow register of marriage. This helps minimise some social problems, not only to HDB alone.

Edited by bepgof

ya.. both my friend's hubby got other women outside.. and my friends gave chances after chances... but it's ultimatum now so they proceed to divorce...

Guess I shouldn't be shocked since my own parents are separated, I just feel sad for the children...it impacts them alot.