Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Reno @my Simei 4a Resale Flat

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my current home's window also collect water like yours, it's not due to compressor but more to the angle of my building. i just wait for it to dry...

if like what you mentioned, compressor is the main cause of water splashing and hence accumulation, maybe it's easier and more effective to solve the problem from the compressor side? i'm just thinking that there aren't really much solutions you can do to the windows.

Hi marshmallow..

i looking at things to put on the compressor to minimize the splatter leh.. stil finding.. The compressor contributes say 60% of the water? 40% comes from the rain hitting the window directly.

Paiseh huh.. like to ask some qns abt your window..

- The window you mentioned is a 2 piece window, sliding type?

- Your window kana direct sunlight? how long it takes for the water to dry up? coz mine is no kana sunlight 1 leh, so dry up super slow..

- Rainwater would reach the last row of space (nearest to the room)?

Thanks huh.. :D

Hi marshmallow..

i looking at things to put on the compressor to minimize the splatter leh.. stil finding.. The compressor contributes say 60% of the water? 40% comes from the rain hitting the window directly.

Paiseh huh.. like to ask some qns abt your window..

- The window you mentioned is a 2 piece window, sliding type?

- Your window kana direct sunlight? how long it takes for the water to dry up? coz mine is no kana sunlight 1 leh, so dry up super slow..

- Rainwater would reach the last row of space (nearest to the room)?

Thanks huh.. :D

fencer, my window is casement type, not sliding, so the "trench" area should be smaller and slightly different from yours? there were instances when my floor near the window was flooded and of course the "trench" filled with water too.

my room dun kenna direct sunlight and not windy de :( but i never observe how long it takes to dry le haha~

for the compressor hor... my parents is using this method... it's not the best solution but no harm trying for a quick remedy: they place a fabric mat (something like toilet door mat) on top so it dampens the action of water "bouncing" off the surface and reduce splashing.

Talking about rain hitting windows, outside my window there is a screen build by HDB. Supposed to shield rain water but end up rain is hitting the screen and deflected into my room.... :bangwall:

fencer, my window is casement type, not sliding, so the "trench" area should be smaller and slightly different from yours? there were instances when my floor near the window was flooded and of course the "trench" filled with water too.

my room dun kenna direct sunlight and not windy de :( but i never observe how long it takes to dry le haha~

for the compressor hor... my parents is using this method... it's not the best solution but no harm trying for a quick remedy: they place a fabric mat (something like toilet door mat) on top so it dampens the action of water "bouncing" off the surface and reduce splashing.

Talking about rain hitting windows, outside my window there is a screen build by HDB. Supposed to shield rain water but end up rain is hitting the screen and deflected into my room.... :bangwall:

Oh.. diff leh.. for casement type, the trench is alot alot lower so water suppose to flows out very fast. diff from the sliding one.. coz only got the "holes" to drain out water..

put fabric mat won't fly off when very windy? Ha.. and the compressor won't heat up? wanted to find something wic lets the "heat" from the compressor out also while minimize splash leh.. mayb can DIY 1.. Ha.. But nd be heavy enuf not to fly off and hit some1.. Ha..

Mine also got abit screen.. but no use leh.. Hahah..

Oh.. diff leh.. for casement type, the trench is alot alot lower so water suppose to flows out very fast. diff from the sliding one.. coz only got the "holes" to drain out water..

put fabric mat won't fly off when very windy? Ha.. and the compressor won't heat up? wanted to find something wic lets the "heat" from the compressor out also while minimize splash leh.. mayb can DIY 1.. Ha.. But nd be heavy enuf not to fly off and hit some1.. Ha..

Mine also got abit screen.. but no use leh.. Hahah..

oh... different mechanism though end result (flooding) still the same. yea man HDB installed that screen is supposed to be helping us but end up creating problem~ :o

i can't remember how my parents did it... think they secure onto the bracing or something like that, it never flies away la has been there for years :) i dun think heat dissipation will be a major problem, i m more worried about possible corrosion due to wet cloth left on compressor casing for a long time. maybe can put something in between the mat and casing to ensure no direct contact between them.

even with holes, it may help a bit but inevitably there will be some water de. we gotta wipe and clean during rainy days... this is part and parcel of house maintenance nia :) we can't have fool-proof solutions for everything in our home la :)

oh... different mechanism though end result (flooding) still the same. yea man HDB installed that screen is supposed to be helping us but end up creating problem~ :o

i can't remember how my parents did it... think they secure onto the bracing or something like that, it never flies away la has been there for years :) i dun think heat dissipation will be a major problem, i m more worried about possible corrosion due to wet cloth left on compressor casing for a long time. maybe can put something in between the mat and casing to ensure no direct contact between them.

even with holes, it may help a bit but inevitably there will be some water de. we gotta wipe and clean during rainy days... this is part and parcel of house maintenance nia :) we can't have fool-proof solutions for everything in our home la :)

tink the screen is designed for light rain.. Ha.

Hmm. need look around for ideas to DIY.. Ha... any ideas? Daiso? Carrefour?

Yup.. worse case is me and my gf on holiday and the silicon cracked and leaked rainwater.. and flooded the whole room.. shld dig a trench across so water be diverted into toilet.. HA.. like army.. Ha..

Use rubber matting, those thick but light type like the air con insulation. Below use 3M double side tape to tape it up. Need to DIY a bit, cut it like a tri. shape, like those ramp shape.

Use rubber matting, those thick but light type like the air con insulation. Below use 3M double side tape to tape it up. Need to DIY a bit, cut it like a tri. shape, like those ramp shape.

Thanks lovely... :D

Where can i find the rubber matting you mentioned?

Ha.. Thanks huh.. Hope not also..

Hey bro,

Sympathize with your situation. Continue to keep your chin up.

Cheers.

I would like to update on what had happened today!

This morning, i send an email together with the pics stating that i insist on replacing the window frame and grill. Contents as below.

Hi Henry,

Attached is the pics of the window ledge after raining. Last pic shows a bug crawling abt.

I am now writing to you insisting on replacement of the window frame and window grills.

- Replacement of the window frame to ensure no backflow of water and no patch up holes for possible leaking in the future. Also, the window is levelled or enabling water to flow forward.

- Replacement of the window grills so that it is mounted onto the wall, instead of the window frame ( At least the lower part is onto the wall). No patch up holes as well.

I am expecting an answer latest before 9pm tonight. The answer includes;

- If you are willing to replace the 2 items.

If yes;

- exact date and time for replacement (date is between 17 May 2010 to 19 May 2010).

- BCA certified installer is used.

- You are expected to be there to advice and supervise the replacement. (I will be there as well)

- Including cover up of existing items includes compressor, dressing table etc to prevent dust and damage, clean up, painting of walls etc to make the place as before.

- Includes preventive meansures for any item possible to be damaged by the replacement.

If no answer is received by 9pm tonight, i would assume you are not willing to change and i would engage another person to do so.

Henry called about 6pm and told me he had informed the the "big boss" of the windows company abt the "situation" i am facing and asked him to come down to see and advice. Henry says he is the only 1 who can decide what can be rectified. But can only do so on 25 may 2010. I told him is almost 3 months by that time and i'm moving in already that tm also. He said is normal.. and dun tink is a prob at all.

And not surprisingly as usual, he said that same as HDB, collect keys liao also wld cont to rectify.

He also said the boss die die mst come down and see then can advice and is not free til 25 may.. i told him i dun hv that much tm and ask him to ask the "big boss" to contact me. I can send him pic, tell him the situation better. But NO... cannot.. "big boss" not free 1, he cannot understand until see, talk to him also no use.

Henry said that the last 1 i talked to on his phone is the supervisor (Only). Now call "big boss" to come down liao.. i ask why last tm no ask directly some1 who can make decision. of coz skipped the answering part.. and said is the same to all mah.. nd some1 to come down to see what to rectify. i ask isit if tile got prob, i need to talk to tile company boss. Piping got prob, i need to talk piping company boss. And not surprisingly, he said of coz.. he like that 1 mah.. blah.. blah..

I told him abt the painter did not come down to paint at all.. he said how come no tell him.. tell him, he sure ask ppl to come down settle immed.. is not his character to drag things.. i ask him is almost 3 months with stil things to rectify.. he said is ok mah..

Suddenly, he asked to meet me to collect the rest of the payments since work is finished. i said stil got things not finished mah... i said to pay him only when the windows matter is settled.. and of coz he insist on it on it saying all things is done liao and i can move in.. so is not as if cannot move in .. and also a mention of lawyer letter.. back and forth... back and forth.. and of coz he didn't send me the last quotation yet. and now said no nd mah.. he meet me can see the quotation liao.. and i instist he send me 1st.. put down phone..

My msg to him and him to me.

6.45pm (Me) - "Ask the guy who is coming to see the window to call me."

- No Answer at all.. wait and wait and wait...

8.03pm (Me) - "If the window guy do not call me and a decision is not reached by 9pm tonite to replace the window and grill, you can ask him to forget abt calling to coming down to the hse. 2morow onwards, i will seek others to replace both window and grill."

(Henry) - "Thet off duty"

(me) - "That is non of my concern"

(Henry) - "Now is 807pm"

(me) - "Stil hv 1 hr."

(Henry) - "Lawerlater letter will claim againt you by next week..."

8.45pm (me) - "Remember to send me the quotation. Thank you"

- No Answer at all..

Henry is really good at "tu-ing"..

For those who doing reno, or seeking reno.. make sure u hv a schedule and check on progress regularly.. too bad i trust his words that everything would finish in 2 months time..

wow... :o

Yup... all the ugly pattern is showing up..

Oh.. 4got to mention that he wanted to meet me on sun to collect the money.. i told him i be bz so he said monday.. and i didn't even suggest it.. :bow: