Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

finally found my picture of paint used for steps:

IMAG0147.jpg

Tested it on spare tiles previously (without primer):

IMAG0156.jpg

Found that without primer, paint easily scratched... so priming is important, i finally believed...

Good thing we have a lot of primer left! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Solutions for households

Many of us have chrome taps, showerheads which will often have water marks on it. Sinks get dirty over time and glass shower screens are hard to maintain.

Wifey likes sparkling clean taps and showerscreens, so we tried many methods. One well known method to get sparkling clean chrome taps is to use toothpaste. For shower screens, we tried glass cleaners.

Till one fine day, we discovered the easiest and most efficient way to clean taps, sinks and showerscreens.

IMAG0616.jpg

$2 sponge from Daiso!! Simply wet the sponge, and wipe the taps, sinks and showerscreens. For me, i had to scrub the screens as they were simply too dirty! :P

i usually use cif for cleaning taps, works very well for me :)

i also got the melamine wipe from Daiso, but yet to test it ;)

My inspiration for window grilles (yes, not done with it yet. :P). I am so going to copy the idea! haha!

grille.jpg

Photo stolen from likethatone.. due to the size of the grille and my small place, the only place to place it would be in the common room. Common room is now flushed with stuff where we have no idea where to put them.

We were busy with our "house warming cum solemnisation" in Feb, a 8 day holiday where we stuffed ourselves silly, and just lazing around. Its time now to get back to doing our projects.

My wife drawing out the invitation card on the blackboard. The blackboard is used as a signage on the actual day to tell people where our home is. :)

IMAG0652.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

A little warm up exercise last weekend - wall stickers from Macau Daiso at 13MOP:

coffeecombined.jpg

This week, we are going to figure out how to DIY our shoe cabinet! Already ran out of space and its actually my fault for having too many shoes! duh!

My inspiration for window grilles (yes, not done with it yet. :P). I am so going to copy the idea! haha!

grille.jpg

Photo stolen from likethatone.. due to the size of the grille and my small place, the only place to place it would be in the common room. Common room is now flushed with stuff where we have no idea where to put them.

We were busy with our "house warming cum solemnisation" in Feb, a 8 day holiday where we stuffed ourselves silly, and just lazing around. Its time now to get back to doing our projects.

My wife drawing out the invitation card on the blackboard. The blackboard is used as a signage on the actual day to tell people where our home is. :)

IMAG0652.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

A little warm up exercise last weekend - wall stickers from Macau Daiso at 13MOP:

coffeecombined.jpg

This week, we are going to figure out how to DIY our shoe cabinet! Already ran out of space and its actually my fault for having too many shoes! duh!

Two words to describe you and your wife >>>> Super Creative!!!!!! Right brain work very well!!!! Thumb up to you both!!!!

Two words to describe you and your wife >>>> Super Creative!!!!!! Right brain work very well!!!! Thumb up to you both!!!!

thanks for your kind words! We are not really that creative la, we just trying our best to copy the stuff done...haha..

we were very inspired by blogs of people who lived overseas where they did their house from scratch...its a really fun process! :)

Solutions for households

Many of us have chrome taps, showerheads which will often have water marks on it. Sinks get dirty over time and glass shower screens are hard to maintain.

Wifey likes sparkling clean taps and showerscreens, so we tried many methods. One well known method to get sparkling clean chrome taps is to use toothpaste. For shower screens, we tried glass cleaners.

Till one fine day, we discovered the easiest and most efficient way to clean taps, sinks and showerscreens.

IMAG0616.jpg

$2 sponge from Daiso!! Simply wet the sponge, and wipe the taps, sinks and showerscreens. For me, i had to scrub the screens as they were simply too dirty! :P

hey bro, wanna share something about cleaning taps and toilet accessories with those magic cleaning sponge. i'm another one who likes shiny taps so went to do some reading up after seeing your post here :D

this kind of melamine cleaning sponge, being a form of abrasive cleaner, is not good for chrome taps and accessories in long run as it will damage the chrome surface and the taps will turn grey as time goes by... unless you are prepared to change taps when it turns grey la~ :lol:

chrome surface should be cleaned by water (maybe with some mild cleaner too) and normal sponge or cloth. it does take more effort to make it shiny though... i saw some toilet cleaners that can be used on chrome surface in NTUC but yet to buy one to try~ ;)

anyway, just fyi ya~ ;)

hey bro, wanna share something about cleaning taps and toilet accessories with those magic cleaning sponge. i'm another one who likes shiny taps so went to do some reading up after seeing your post here :D

this kind of melamine cleaning sponge, being a form of abrasive cleaner, is not good for chrome taps and accessories in long run as it will damage the chrome surface and the taps will turn grey as time goes by... unless you are prepared to change taps when it turns grey la~ :lol:

chrome surface should be cleaned by water (maybe with some mild cleaner too) and normal sponge or cloth. it does take more effort to make it shiny though... i saw some toilet cleaners that can be used on chrome surface in NTUC but yet to buy one to try~ ;)

anyway, just fyi ya~ ;)

wah, got any links to share? :) didnt know of that!

but now we wash taps once a while only....(got lazier...)

we use it more on glass shower screen... hope it doesnt harm the glass... :unsure:

wah, got any links to share? :) didnt know of that!

but now we wash taps once a while only....(got lazier...)

we use it more on glass shower screen... hope it doesnt harm the glass... :unsure:

paiseh no particular link... i went to read on chrome cleaning in those home maintenance sites, where they say specifically no abrasive cleaner should be used for chrome surface etc. then i look at the individual cleaners and sieve out which are the abrasive type of cleaner... hahahaha... that's why i also stopped using cif for taps after reading~ :D (cif is cream abrasive cleaner, guess something like facial scrub for ladies hahahaha)

i think glass more sturdy... should be okie ba? :unsure: like cif can be used for ceramic sink but not chrome... (now i know why my parents'old taps were grey cos my mom simply LOVES cif :P)

now i also get lazier liao... just use water and sponge... my cleaning stuff all stored in kitchen so a bit far (and lazy) to bring all the way to MBR toilet.......... :lol:

Spent the last weekend discussing about how to do our "shoe cabinet".

After a long long discussion and taking into account of the following factors:

- our walls are slanted. extremely slanted. hence building a cabinet structure would be a nightmare even if its a competent carpenter, not to mention us

- cost involved to work on the project

- adherence to the house colour theme

We finally decided to use plywood to make "cubes" - note our cubes are mostly rectangularish. Ordered the wood and shall commence work over the long weekend. :)

Meanwhile, we still need to do up our common room, which will be a study/reading/sewing/storage room. We need a table and would probably get a plywood cut to size. Not sure if i can convince baby to do this square table instead:

industrialtable.jpg

i think baby's original idea was to get a rectangular table and the setup should be somewhat like this. Though the panel may not be chalkboard..

chalkboardoffice_110410.jpg

101310Personalize1.jpg

My plan for another side of the wall - reading area would something like this. Instead of sofa, it should be bean bag with the other tyre table.

pictureclustering2.jpg

Meanwhile, the shoe cube project is underway.

Got our wood, line up properly waiting to be painted:

IMAG1043.jpg

Wood seems quite good:

IMAG1044.jpg

Base coated it:

IMAG1045.jpg

Grey cubes in the making:

IMAG1054.jpg

I find that you and your wife really creative persons. Why don't you setup a diy class / blog for reno users? Just my personal view for your consideration...

cheers:) emobebe

I find that you and your wife really creative persons. Why don't you setup a diy class / blog for reno users? Just my personal view for your consideration...

cheers:) emobebe

Hi, thank you for your kind words.. we are hardly experts enough to give classes.. we are just love to try out new ideas we see off the net.. we will be happy to give our 2 cents worth to anyone who has difficulties with DIY-ing... :D

cheers!