baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

Completed our one seater sofa!

IMAG1611.jpg

Fitting in nicely. :)

IMAG1615.jpg

Remember this chair?

IMAG1617.jpg

Last minute decor on the wall. Putting IKEA fabric into IKEA photoframe. Going Arty farty. haah!

IMAG1623.jpg

Thats it for chairs. Wife has banned me from getting in anymore chairs.. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

anymore diy picture to see? bang hing restaurant also using same the chair

nope...no new projects for our house.

would be helping a fren to do a small cabinet though, maybe this or next week..

nope...no new projects for our house.

would be helping a fren to do a small cabinet though, maybe this or next week..

can advice me how u paint step? what material to use and also where to buy? can nippon quick dry undercoat paint use to paint laminate Formica door?

can advice me how u paint step? what material to use and also where to buy? can nippon quick dry undercoat paint use to paint laminate Formica door?

Hihi, we painted on formica before. What you need is a primer as the first coat. We used this "all surface primer" (white) bought in Homefix. This can work on formica.

Do note to use a thin thin layer as the first coat, then maybe another 1 or 2 more layers.

After that, you can use any paint you want..for us, we use a small can of paint meant for metal products. The result looks good.

Before:

IMAG1253-1.jpg

After

IMAG1375.jpg

Hope it helps! :)

Hihi, we painted on formica before. What you need is a primer as the first coat. We used this "all surface primer" (white) bought in Homefix. This can work on formica.

Do note to use a thin thin layer as the first coat, then maybe another 1 or 2 more layers.

After that, you can use any paint you want..for us, we use a small can of paint meant for metal products. The result looks good.

Before:

IMAG1253-1.jpg

After

IMAG1375.jpg

Hope it helps! :)

Wah where u get cabinet? I think u can sell it.

Can Nippon quick dry QD undercoat paint for Formica cos I bought this this paint. If cannot then I will go homefix exchange.

Homefix don't have all surface primer, only aqua primer. Which one to use?

how does all surface primer paint look like?

is it cannot use roller must use wat inch of brush?

Edited by dean

Gimz my fren.. din noe u r such a hands on person.. Really surprised to see all your diy stuff.. Ur wife is SUPERB too! Great Job the both of u.. will get ideas frm u when d deal for my resale flat is done.. ;)

Wah where u get cabinet? I think u can sell it.

Can Nippon quick dry QD undercoat paint for Formica cos I bought this this paint. If cannot then I will go homefix exchange.

Homefix don't have all surface primer, only aqua primer. Which one to use?

how does all surface primer paint look like?

is it cannot use roller must use wat inch of brush?

the cabinet was a old piece from my sister, it was supposed to be part of a stairs... anywayk, we re-painted it and attached wheels below. Now its largely used for us to rest our legs while watching tv... hahaa

finally found the pic:

IMAG0188-1.jpg

This is the one! Wife's comment was that use the "sponge roller" kind to paint, effect is better. You can buy it from Artfren either at bouna vista mrt or near to bugis.

The paint you bought is simply paint. It wouldn't stick on formica well, even if it does, it may peel easily... so for lasting results always use primer first. :)

Gimz my fren.. din noe u r such a hands on person.. Really surprised to see all your diy stuff.. Ur wife is SUPERB too! Great Job the both of u.. will get ideas frm u when d deal for my resale flat is done.. ;)

thanks Celtricia...errr do i know u? PM me ba...?

yesh, wife is SUPERB! i agree! she does most of the work anyway...my job is usually to take photo and post on renotalk/facebook.

the cabinet was a old piece from my sister, it was supposed to be part of a stairs... anywayk, we re-painted it and attached wheels below. Now its largely used for us to rest our legs while watching tv... hahaa

finally found the pic:

IMAG0188-1.jpg

This is the one! Wife's comment was that use the "sponge roller" kind to paint, effect is better. You can buy it from Artfren either at bouna vista mrt or near to bugis.

The paint you bought is simply paint. It wouldn't stick on formica well, even if it does, it may peel easily... so for lasting results always use primer first. :)

Where can I buy bulls eye 1 2 3 primer? Home fix no longer carry this product? Which primer can use? I got to exchange something.

thanks Celtricia...errr do i know u? PM me ba...?

yesh, wife is SUPERB! i agree! she does most of the work anyway...my job is usually to take photo and post on renotalk/facebook.

Hahah.. of coz i noe u.. mayb abt 10 yrs ago??? :P

Okok.. will PM u..

Can tell lah.. u more talkative online den in person.. hahahahaha..

Where can I buy bulls eye 1 2 3 primer? Home fix no longer carry this product? Which primer can use? I got to exchange something.

there are different kinds of primer, for wood, for metal, etcc... the one i got is for all surfaces. So i tried it on formica and it still worked... i tink i bought it at the vivo city outlet.

for other primers, u can try your luck? :P

personally have not tried other primers before, so i can't comment...