Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

TQ! My wifey's idea.. :)

BKK is great for home decor.... plates, kitchenware (they even have golden frying pan - not sure if u want to use it to cook?), retro fans, nice wooden stuff if u are into them..etc. Saw some shops at JJ market having brochures for wedding cards, etc also but did not check out the prices.

I spotted a flip clock at a shop in Union mall, looks very nice at around 5400 baht. (before bargaining - shop owner not keen to entertain me)

after looking at BKK prices for plates, im kicking myself for buying the ikea set of plates and bowls @$25. (though usual price is $42)

yes, they only cost cents to buy but must carry la!

have more fun gg back!

the oldies rooster series is nice too!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

heyy bro, finally my reno is completed. wanna say a big THANK YOU to your advise over the past 3 months. You invited me to this RenoTalk and I have definitely learnt a great deal from all the buddies here.

I'll stay tune ard to contribute my experience like you did. kekekeke..

next challenge is to top up the new house with small furnitures and household decoratives. HAPPY!

Also went to the super croweded Ratchada Market (Lat Pharo station) which sells vintage stuff. Highly recomended to visit! GOt a wall sticker which will enhance the look of the housse making it more spacious and tall.

sticker.jpg

have you pasted this sticker on your wall? i keen to seen the outcome! if it is good, i may wanna do it too. I ams also planning a short trip to bangkok for deco shopping in march. =)

Edited by steelze

hi before u hack the wall, any of ur walls is prefabricated? cos i probably cant hack my wall cos it's prefab.

nope, ours only got beams. The flat is the 3NG series, with storeroom between MBR and common bedroom.

from what i read earlier, some 3A Tampines flats with storeroom built in between living room and kitchen is pre fab, so cannot be hacked.

If its prefab, confirmed HDB will not allow u to hack.... so have to make alternative plans...

Also went to the super croweded Ratchada Market (Lat Pharo station) which sells vintage stuff. Highly recomended to visit! GOt a wall sticker which will enhance the look of the housse making it more spacious and tall.

sticker.jpg

Finally got out from out lazy mood and starting doing stuff.. Turned out really well!

IMAG0607.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

IMAG0614.jpg

Quite hard to take a picture to illustrate the effect on the house. The long wires gives an illusion of height, and the birds seems quite apt, esp with the bird cage light.. :)

Extremely satisfied with the results!

Finally got out from out lazy mood and starting doing stuff.. Turned out really well!

IMAG0607.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

IMAG0614.jpg

Quite hard to take a picture to illustrate the effect on the house. The long wires gives an illusion of height, and the birds seems quite apt, esp with the bird cage light.. :)

Extremely satisfied with the results!

Looks good :good:

Hi, I read from your blog that u have installed a KDK ventiliation fan.. May I know, where did u install it ? On the wall or the space above door frame ? How was it ? Thinking for installing one in my store room, since it does not have any window...

Thanks in advance... :D

Hi, I read from your blog that u have installed a KDK ventiliation fan.. May I know, where did u install it ? On the wall or the space above door frame ? How was it ? Thinking for installing one in my store room, since it does not have any window...

Thanks in advance... :D

Hi Seabass,

Our ventiliation fan is in the toilet, fixed up at toilet window.

Not sure why u need vent fan for storeroom, since we don't usually stay in there for long... Guess you have to chat with your contractor on this. :)

Solutions for households

Many of us have chrome taps, showerheads which will often have water marks on it. Sinks get dirty over time and glass shower screens are hard to maintain.

Wifey likes sparkling clean taps and showerscreens, so we tried many methods. One well known method to get sparkling clean chrome taps is to use toothpaste. For shower screens, we tried glass cleaners.

Till one fine day, we discovered the easiest and most efficient way to clean taps, sinks and showerscreens.

IMAG0616.jpg

$2 sponge from Daiso!! Simply wet the sponge, and wipe the taps, sinks and showerscreens. For me, i had to scrub the screens as they were simply too dirty! :P

Solutions for households

Many of us have chrome taps, showerheads which will often have water marks on it. Sinks get dirty over time and glass shower screens are hard to maintain.

Wifey likes sparkling clean taps and showerscreens, so we tried many methods. One well known method to get sparkling clean chrome taps is to use toothpaste. For shower screens, we tried glass cleaners.

Till one fine day, we discovered the easiest and most efficient way to clean taps, sinks and showerscreens.

IMAG0616.jpg

$2 sponge from Daiso!! Simply wet the sponge, and wipe the taps, sinks and showerscreens. For me, i had to scrub the screens as they were simply too dirty! :P

ahhhh.. good recommendation.. i am very anal over water marks too!

Hi Seabass,

Our ventiliation fan is in the toilet, fixed up at toilet window.

Not sure why u need vent fan for storeroom, since we don't usually stay in there for long... Guess you have to chat with your contractor on this. :)

Hi, Gimz63251073,

Thanks for the reply... My friend's storeroom had some funny smell, as she kept some leftover paint in it... She advised me to install a ventiliation fan, in my store room... I will check with my contractor then... Thank You... :)

Today was a busy day. Pre celebration for Valentines at Shangri La (39% discount for their anniversay) and then went to buy a DSLR for baby and a second LCD TV...

Then got home and started to work on our stairs. Ex owners laid tiles on it, and we conviniently forgotten to do anything about it till reno is over. Then i realised it looked out of place and plain ugly. Went through certain choices like overlay, lay stainless steel, paste plywood...etc. At the end, we decided to paint it.

Painting tiles is not something new, but these tiles are subject to rain and shine...so we took extra care to choose the paint.

Original mismatched condition:

IMAG0622.jpg

Found this all surface primer:

IMAG0188-1.jpg

Primed, and pasted newspapers for spray paint!

IMAG0627.jpg

Final product!!

IMAG0629.jpg

Still waiting for paint to dry... The so called paint is actually rough, non-slip paint to be used for outdoors. The picture showed that people paint strips of it, to prevent slipping due to rain.

Still have to touch up a bit on the paint before its 100% done. :) Hope it will stand the test of time!

If not, i guess it would be time for another project. :P

Final product!!

IMAG0629.jpg

Nice..

For soap marks on glass shower screen, I clean it with a spray of undiluted white vinegar. What I find helpful is to give the screen a swipe with white vinegar BEFORE showering. You don't have to do it everytime before you shower, just maybe once in 2 weeks. Then you won't have any scum buildup.

Am wondering where I can get a BIG bottle of white distilled vinegar tho.. can't find it in any of the giant super mkts.

Solutions for households

IMAG0616.jpg

wow!! sound very good... i must go buy this too. :) thanks for recommending...