Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eiffel76

Lizard Problem- Help!

Wat talking u? Please Don't assume wrongly. I never say Kimchi. When did lizard eat kimchi why I don't know.

Those Korean mean it's long time ya. Happy merry Xmas.

FYI, I never see any lizard in my house.

Not sure if lizards eat Kimchi , but I personally vouch that they may take fresh green vegetables dropped on the kitchen floor ,out of desperation - why i say that ?

BCos that is how I know I have house lizards , when I saw one lizard grabbing a green vege stalk and rushed back under my Fridge ...

I was doing work on my laptop and that lizard tot no one is around... Yah lah , I thought I will pick that up later and throw away when I make time.. you see...

Then my silly idea came - as I tried to use those leftover cockroach sticky pad ( from NTUC ) to trap that lizard one afternoon and within 2mins , that lizard actually dragged the whole trap beneath my Fridge.. that is meant for cockroach, you see...

I only used a few grains of overnight white rice.. wow.. so that lizard detected it so fast. Thanks to a long metal ruler ( yikes ) and the sticky pad I dragged that fellow out easily beneath the fridge ... cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Not sure if lizards eat Kimchi , but I personally vouch that they may take fresh green vegetables dropped on the kitchen floor ,out of desperation - why i say that ?

BCos that is how I know I have house lizards , when I saw one lizard grabbing a green vege stalk and rushed back under my Fridge ...

I was doing work on my laptop and that lizard tot no one is around... Yah lah , I thought I will pick that up later and throw away when I make time.. you see...

Then my silly idea came - as I tried to use those leftover cockroach sticky pad ( from NTUC ) to trap that lizard one afternoon and within 2mins , that lizard actually dragged the whole trap beneath my Fridge.. that is meant for cockroach, you see...

I only used a few grains of overnight white rice.. wow.. so that lizard detected it so fast. Thanks to a long metal ruler ( yikes ) and the sticky pad I dragged that fellow out easily beneath the fridge ... cheers!

interesting story! but hor my house no kimchi, i don't eat kimchi and don't do cooking not even boil water. it is a good idea to put sticky pad. do u seal dustbin chute?

interesting story! but hor my house no kimchi, i don't eat kimchi and don't do cooking not even boil water. it is a good idea to put sticky pad. do u seal dustbin chute?

I put this at each corner of my house to drive them away

八角

Give it a try, its cheap and easily available.

Crush them for better effect.

Edited by bellyheng

hey thanks for sharing all these remedies... I'll be trying them out...

I could recall how this fat lizard clung on to my newly washed long pants hunging at the kitchen balcony near the windows!!!!

Yuks!!!

I always thought all lizards are carnivores (eat only only mossies and smaller pests). So your house lizards are vegetarians LOL! :D It seems that vegetarian lizards are smarter leh.

I hardly see lizards at home, maybe 1 lizard every 2 months. Last week, I discovered one lizard in my fridge! It was alive and moving a bit. :P I left the fridge door open for about 10min for it to get out of fridge leh but it didn't want to. In the end, my hubby just grabbed it with a plastic bag. So I guess my house lizards love 4 degree celsius environment instead of humid warm environment now?

Edited by forgotten

Then u drink water from tap directly?

I always thought all lizards are carnivores (eat only only mossies and smaller pests). So your house lizards are vegetarians LOL! :D It seems that vegetarian lizards are smarter leh.

I hardly see lizards at home, maybe 1 lizard every 2 months. Last week, I discovered one lizard in my fridge! It was alive and moving a bit. :P I left the fridge door open for about 10min for it to get out of fridge leh but it didn't want to. In the end, my hubby just grabbed it with a plastic bag. So I guess my house lizards love 4 degree celsius environment instead of humid warm environment now?

how did the liquid enter your fridge???????????? OMG, i am so scared now coz my fridge is not tight at all. coz i can smell some food items even when it is closed!

How abt using hair spray? Those that can turn your hair into solid as a rock. Spray on the lizard and the lizard will 'solidify' (not dead) and hence easy to catch and remove.

how did the liquid enter your fridge???????????? OMG, i am so scared now coz my fridge is not tight at all. coz i can smell some food items even when it is closed!

My fridge door is tight tight.

My tenants like to open the fridge often everyday. It has many chances to sneak in haha.

On 3/31/2010 at 9:46 AM, eiffel76 said:

how do u guys get rid of lizards in the house?

my house is only 8mths into new reno and alr the lizard(s) are marking their territory as their droppings are always at the few same spots (near my kitchen door, dining area).

last week it got worse, one on my rice cooker and one on my bath towel which i hang in the toilet.

problem now is i hv never seen them! and i dun know also how many...

any poison or traps that i can buy?? thanks..

We had the same problems also. Tried many ways including eggshells (verdict: still unsure) and eventually used the sticky-paper-trap from DIY stall (verdict: it works when we know where the lizard is. We also install magnetic insect screens / window mesh (verdict: works quite welll - we sometimes see lizard just outside the window unable to come in).