Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jtcp82

Is It Advisable To Buy System 4 Aircon

Hi,

I was advised by my contractor not to get system 4 aircon because if operating four units together, one unit will not be cold. Can any experts advise on whether this is true? Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've heard the very same thing (generally) when I ask around some friends/colleagues who have installed system-4. Personally I think it's still dependent on the BTU volume choices for each units and of course of the compressor...but I believe this is quite true. Headache now...

I have just installed system 4 two months back. Had quite a thorough search about price/pros n cons/brands/specs,e tc.

basically many of the sys 4's in market are ~3HP units, means once u on all 4, its not as cold, or one rm is not cold depending on compressor type. But there are few (very few) options that has proper support for sys 4.

In the reasonable price range, I chose mitsubishi Heavy Ind. It has 4HP inverter compressor 32k BTU and quite powerful for 4 std HDB bedrooms even when switched on all in the hot day. no difference if 1 only or 2 or 3 or 4 rooms on at the same time. And price is also not on the expensive side, plus the specs are good too. Around $3500 for sys 4. if u intending for 3 bedrooms+living room, then better to do sys3+sys1 two seperate aircons.

I have just installed system 4 two months back. Had quite a thorough search about price/pros n cons/brands/specs,e tc.

basically many of the sys 4's in market are ~3HP units, means once u on all 4, its not as cold, or one rm is not cold depending on compressor type. But there are few (very few) options that has proper support for sys 4.

In the reasonable price range, I chose mitsubishi Heavy Ind. It has 4HP inverter compressor 32k BTU and quite powerful for 4 std HDB bedrooms even when switched on all in the hot day. no difference if 1 only or 2 or 3 or 4 rooms on at the same time. And price is also not on the expensive side, plus the specs are good too. Around $3500 for sys 4. if u intending for 3 bedrooms+living room, then better to do sys3+sys1 two seperate aircons.

Thanks GSXR~RACER. My contractor proposed Daikin, I will check with him whether it is 4HP.

Thanks GSXR~RACER. My contractor proposed Daikin, I will check with him whether it is 4HP.

from what i understand. daikin is not using the r410a gas which is supposedly more suitable for inverter aircon units. might wanna take that into consideration

from what i understand. daikin is not using the r410a gas which is supposedly more suitable for inverter aircon units. might wanna take that into consideration

I though all new aircon model uses r410A refrigerant nowadays? Okay I will ask my contractor also. Thanks.

it depends on the compressor what BTU is it.

Example: Compressor 34000 BTU

Air-con : 9000 BTU each.

If 4 air-con all on then will be 36000BTU exceed 2000 BTU. Still it will still able to cool down the entire area. But it takes a longer period of time.

Not to forget if the owner is a heavy user, maintance of the air-con is required.

it depends on the compressor what BTU is it.

Example: Compressor 34000 BTU

Air-con : 9000 BTU each.

If 4 air-con all on then will be 36000BTU exceed 2000 BTU. Still it will still able to cool down the entire area. But it takes a longer period of time.

Not to forget if the owner is a heavy user, maintance of the air-con is required.

I guess I wont switch on four aircons at the same time that often and most of the rooms only required around 8000BTU. Do you think I should buy system 3 plus one window unit for a the guest room? Thanks.

I guess I wont switch on four aircons at the same time that often and most of the rooms only required around 8000BTU. Do you think I should buy system 3 plus one window unit for a the guest room? Thanks.

for my 5rm flat, we intend to have a system 3 for the bedrooms and a system 1 for the living room

Just to share. Recently I had purchased system 4 inverter aircon from Gain City. gone thru the process and had my fair share of headache. in the end my hb and I settled for the aircon with 9000 BTU for bedrooms and 18000 BTU for living room.

Initially we intend to get system 3 + 1 type but as our flat does not have the aircon latch so we had to consider other option. My block does not have the higher electrical loading, in the end our selection of aircon is quite limited. You can check with your contractor.

Hi GXSR~RACER

Is it convenient for you to share where did you get your aircon (system 4) from?

Thanks.

well since you won't switch on all the 4 air-cons then would be good to get system 4.

If you are getting a windown unit on it own, the consumption of electricity and the cost of the window unit will be more expensive. Sinces yours is 8000BTU in room then would be good to purchase system 4 inverter then. Also maintance wise they will count as system 4 rather then system 3 and 1 window unit. It will be more expensive. Hope you get what i mean. :)

Thanks for all your advise guys. I will go for the system 4 then. :)

In 1995, I've a system4, costed me almost 7K, also seldom turned on 4 FCUs at one time. What made me "regret" was "too many pipes" here & there. The "common drainage pipe" linked to all 4 FCUs then went to tiolet's floor trap. Wall opened holes here & there. 32A isolator switch. Think twice if you don't like so many pipes.

Edited by bepgof

Hi GXSR~RACER

Is it convenient for you to share where did you get your aircon (system 4) from?

Thanks.

I took from Gain City, 3500-300cashback = 3200, and add $450 for stainless steel bracket. I didn't upgrade the pipings and warranty.

the reason for that model is R410 inverter, can support 4 splits well, 4HP 32k BTU, and price.

the reason for gain city is, they dun use the subcontractors. others like courts, harvey norman, blah blah etc are retailers for many things.. installation not done by their own staff. at least the installing technicians won't be saving on the material costs coz those all came from main company.

Just my own reasons.. not necessarily right though.. :D