Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
infinitie

Wong's Newly Nest

=updates=

19th Jul 2010

We had received our sanitary wares last sat from GR link. The delivery guy was good. He will text me time of arrival (abit late due to rain which causes minor traffic jam) and even note down every little problems on the DO after verification most of the items. He said to be fair to us, he will even note down those things which are not check (vanity cabinet-too bulky and not easy to put it back).

We had received our delivery from 'A lighting' today. Supposed to deliver at 9.30 but somehow the delivery guy came at 11am. Luckily the plumber was there early althought our ID mentioned 10.30, otherwise we got to 'gong gong' wait there.

We had our 1st stage of discussion with the plumber and electrician, together with our ID. Spend almost the whole morning, took quite a while with the electrician. We were advised to do re-wiring as some of the wires look old and cannot make it already. Shall see what's the price difference 1st before making any decision. ID was saying there were quite a number of point 'shifting' and so the price may be steep and suggested to do re-wiring... headache leh, budget already so tight. Cost may easily go up to $2K leh :deal:

Most likely we will fabricate a full height cabinet beside the washer which i intend to place my oven there.

I have not purchase my oven bcos i told ID it's defeating the purpose to buy an "oversized" oven if the full height cabinet has size limitation, so he should advise on the right size and from there i can proceed to do my oven sourcing. So, eventually he said then have to wait till carpenter comes in lor. By then, i tot it will be too late :dunno:

hi infinite

I got my things from ALighting and GR Link too!

btw I thought built in oven are standard 600mm for exterior? Only the internal cuts are different?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi infinite

I got my things from ALighting and GR Link too!

btw I thought built in oven are standard 600mm for exterior? Only the internal cuts are different?

LOL... So qiao ah! quite a number of us here bought stuff from them.

I dun think my space allowed to fit in a width of 600mm wo... Sianz! Maybe I can only get those conventional type oven.

Edited by infinitie

Thanks gal.

Btw, necessary to do "testing" if I don't rewire?

no i don't think so..i rewired my place but also never do testing..if i'm not wrong, testing is optional..

looking at the electrical quote again, the $600 is actually meant for switch control as well. But, still 'gui' right?

what's switch control? do u mean the DB box?

looking at the electrical quote again, the $600 is actually meant for switch control as well. But, still 'gui' right?

hmm...i did rewiring as well.

for a 3rm, total cost of db box+wires+sockets+casing for materials+screws+watever misc like wall putty = $700 (thereabouts)

and sockets i used are expensive (ears got pulled by wifey, :P). E.g. one 13A double socket cost $9.50.

as compared to a normal white MK socket which cost $4.

so i would say that given that urs is a 5 room, unless he used the good sockets and switches, $600 is very ex..

unless he give u those swee swee switch with LED light, then faster "on" him. :)

no i don't think so..i rewired my place but also never do testing..if i'm not wrong, testing is optional..

what's switch control? do u mean the DB box?

Tot we need to get ppl to certify that all are pass otherwise if got any "tong gua tau hu" like fire (choychoy) then insurance will not cover? Duno if I m right or not?

Switch control are those switches for lights. Anyway, new DB cost $400...

Edited by infinitie

hmm...i did rewiring as well.

for a 3rm, total cost of db box+wires+sockets+casing for materials+screws+watever misc like wall putty = $700 (thereabouts)

and sockets i used are expensive (ears got pulled by wifey, :P). E.g. one 13A double socket cost $9.50.

as compared to a normal white MK socket which cost $4.

so i would say that given that urs is a 5 room, unless he used the good sockets and switches, $600 is very ex..

unless he give u those swee swee switch with LED light, then faster "on" him. :)

Thanks for info.

Did u buy your switches & socket?

I doubt they use switches with led lights.. Remembered he said before just designer switch but no led lights.

Total cost almost $3k with 8 double sockets, 7 single sockets, 15 switch control, new DB etc.... I also find it very exp.

Thanks for info.

Did u buy your switches & socket?

I doubt they use switches with led lights.. Remembered he said before just designer switch but no led lights.

Total cost almost $3k with 8 double sockets, 7 single sockets, 15 switch control, new DB etc.... I also find it very exp.

hmm...if you are just talking about the material cost of a DB box, mine is a 12 way DB box. Everything costs $68 from Choo Chiang.

hmm...then u might want to try to buy yourself from Choo Chiang. Can choose the ones you like as well. :)

alternatively, get another electrician. :P

hmm...if you are just talking about the material cost of a DB box, mine is a 12 way DB box. Everything costs $68 from Choo Chiang.

hmm...then u might want to try to buy yourself from Choo Chiang. Can choose the ones you like as well. :)

alternatively, get another electrician. :P

The DB is so cheap ah? Ya, i get to know Choon Chiang from www.samgalz.com as well...LOL

The cost had already included sockets & switches so i doubt my ID would deduct the cost of it even if i get the stuff myself.

haiz... i am still waiting for him to get back to me if we are entitle to 'some' discount or not leh. Crossing my finger :(

Some pictures taken last weekend-before piping

Kitchen overview

IMG_2782.jpg

Laminated flooring-Exquisite, colour:Icy grey

IMG_2780.jpg

Edited by infinitie

=updates=

19th Jul 2010 - Piping work

MBR bathroom

IMG_2808.jpg

MBR bathroom closeup-cannot stand the black cement, so ugly...

IMG_2810.jpg

Common bathroom

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

Piping for bidet spray was wrongly drilled, ended up the cracked tile. Anyone know if this can be changed?? am still waiting for ID's reply.. I don't think i can live with this! :no:

IMG_2821.jpg

Edited by infinitie

Continue... on piping

Kitchen

IMG_2813.jpg

Kitchen yard - Piping for sink which is suppose to be fixed and eventually hidden by cabinets at the opposite side of the half ht wall. Tiler did not take into consideration the piping will be mounted behind this wall for sink. The space remaining was too narrowed for the s/s pipe to pass thru' the opposite side of this half ht wall and fat pipe therefore resulted the appearance of sink pipe :(

IMG_2814.jpg

Kitchen wall pipe - look at what has been done to my wall? Was it suppose to be like that, i find the workmanship kinda rough.... :~

IMG_2823.jpg

Edited by infinitie

Dont feel good abt the piping for sink so my brilliant colleague suggested on the relocation... To this!

Spoke to the plumber and he is ok with the changes. Kekeke... actually he was my friend lah... So concidence!

Brought out this idea to my ID and am waiting for his retification.. Don't want to end up creating more problems for fabricating the kitchen cabinets..

Pls pardon my bad sketch...

1279780569.jpg

Edited by infinitie

=updates=

27-Jul-10

Proceed to electrical works today. It doesn't seem easy for the electrician to do his work properly bcos the gain city ppl were here today as well to do the air con trunking. Electrician left the house around 4pm and continue the rest of work the next day.

At abt 430, I have to go over to sign the "DO" for the work done on aircon. Thank goodness we stay near to our new home!

So far so good for work done.

there's a reason why commercial uses stainless steel :)

Hi ossify,

What might the reason be? and do u know if stainless steel floor traps are ok for hdb flats?

mookie

=continue for 27th Jul=

~Aircon~

For compressor

IMG_2843.jpg

connecting from Compressor (at MBR)

IMG_2844.jpg

MBR overview

IMG_2845.jpg

Connecting to another room which required to by-pass Living room

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg