Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

ya kinky mah!! :lol: but no lah, doing tactical frosting on it later

actually we did not aim for any standard theme, just earthy warm tones...but it does appear to turn out kinda resorty :P

Just a suggestion. you may want to install an effective ventillation fan in your bathroom. I used what looks like the same tiles as yours in the past and found that after a while they tended to give off a terrible smell when wet, almost like puke. I had to air the entire toilet each time after a shower and place a fan in the toilet to air dry the tiles after every shower. I think those tiles are often used in outdoor areas such as water features and in open areas that are well ventilated. I hope the problem I faced was unique to my bathroom onlybut you might just want to take the precaution and install good ventillation fan.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just a suggestion. you may want to install an effective ventillation fan in your bathroom. I used what looks like the same tiles as yours in the past and found that after a while they tended to give off a terrible smell when wet, almost like puke. I had to air the entire toilet each time after a shower and place a fan in the toilet to air dry the tiles after every shower. I think those tiles are often used in outdoor areas such as water features and in open areas that are well ventilated. I hope the problem I faced was unique to my bathroom onlybut you might just want to take the precaution and install good ventillation fan.

Good suggestion but unable to install good ventilation fan. Will take note on whether that will happen. Should do my shower there once the mixer is up :P:bath::yamseng:

Edited by jaskel

Good suggestion but unable to install good ventilation fan. Will take note on whether that will happen. Should do my shower that once the mixer is up :bath::yamseng:

as a result of that i actually developed the habit of always drying my wall tiles with a towel after every shower. A habit that has carried through til today and one that helps prevent mould from building up in the shower area. :-)

Lol titanax tactical frosting!!!!! Really nice effect (even though it wasn't quite planned)... are you going to install plants inside?

noooooo not really green fingers here..lach killed a cactus! enuff said right :rolleyes:

thanks everton, the thought did cross our minds, its a tough fight aesthetics vs practical - practical doesn't always win ;)

@Mr J: thanks for the night shot! its nice to know i can go visit at night now to see the effect :good:

Edited by titanax

noooooo not really green fingers here..lach killed a cactus! enuff said right :rolleyes:

Oops! Errr... it's okay lachesis! I killed a plant too... felt really guilty for weeks after that :(

thanks everton, the thought did cross our minds, its a tough fight aesthetics vs practical - practical doesn't always win ;)

@Mr J: thanks for the night shot! its nice to know i can go visit at night now to see the effect :good:

No worries. Anyway, I've loaded a couple of pics of my previous bathroom if you want to see if the tiles are the same as yours.

http://img266.imageshack.us/g/mastertoiletshower.jpg/

Oops! Errr... it's okay lachesis! I killed a plant too... felt really guilty for weeks after that :(

same as my wife. she killed a cactus some yrs back also. lol

No worries. Anyway, I've loaded a couple of pics of my previous bathroom if you want to see if the tiles are the same as yours.

mastertoiletsink.jpg

mastertoiletshower.jpg

hmm... :huh:

i dun tink its Niagara Tiles... :dancingqueen:

Same here... I killed many many plants

including cacti and weeds :o:huh:

i gave the plants too much "love"

water, fertiliser, leaf gloss, insect spray etc

All died T_T

den a plant guru told me

Treat plants as mother nature treats it...

Slash, cut, prune, chop

dry it out, dun water so much

Ignore the plant - dun fertilise too often

and now my plants are alive with flowers :sport-smiley-004:

Hee hee. Thanks Yuene. In my defense I must say the cactus was placed away from the window, where it got ZERO sunlight. What kind of plant was it Yuene?

GREAT. Looks like we women seem to have brown thumbs... :(

Slash, cut, prune, chop

dry it out, dun water so much

Ignore the plant - dun fertilise too often

and now my plants are alive with flowers :sport-smiley-004:

I think of it this way - us women are so nurturing, we tend to over-water and over-fertilise... to the point the poor plant can't take it. Hahaha.

@Kor - glad to hear your plants are flourishing. I shall remember your advice not to water and fertilise too much for the new plants we're considering for our balcony. Hmm... or maybe I'll just leave the 'gardening' to titanax. :notti:

@reizz - your wife is not alone!!! We should start a Cacti-Killers Anonymous club. Hmmm or a Brown Thumbs Club. Yuene & I will be the first 2 members.

http://img266.imageshack.us/g/mastertoiletshower.jpg/

Thanks for the tip. The tiles aren't the same, but will look to keeping the tiles dry - uneven tiles will definitely trap water somewhere. ;) That's a really interesting wash basin you got there btw! :thumbs up:

p1020355zj.jpg

This is my favourite light in the house! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Today, we found out that against all hope, our water pressure is not enough for us to install a Raindance shower. :bleah: So we'll go for the Croma 100 Showerpipe instead, with normal rain shower. Want to say a big

THANK YOU

to Mr J for really going out of his way to help us check our pressure and all the other leg work that went towards helping us make a decision on ths shower. He's da man.