Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leb

Final Inspection Before Completion?

just to check is this practised for condo as well?

since my unit comes with an inventory list with some furniture, do i need to arrange for a final inspection?

my law firm says i should arrange for 1 before completion but my agent advised me to check on the day of completion... :dunno:

appreciate advise pls. Thks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

everything has to go thru my agent and the seller's agent, as I do not have the seller's contact.

my agent keep saying that it is a norm to inspect only on the completion day itself, unlike HDB.

well, 1st time buyer.... not very sure if it's the seller or the seller's agent unwilling to arrange for the inspection.

just wanna check if this is the norm for private...

since my unit comes with an inventory list with some furniture, do i need to arrange for a final inspection?

my law firm says i should arrange for 1 before completion but my agent advised me to check on the day of completion... :dunno:

Can your agent be more specific? To check on the day itselft can mean before completion or after completion.

What's the point if u check after completion? Seller can denied all things after completion.

The usual way is to check before completion, practice is about 2 to 3 days before.

Your agent has closed the deal, so probably see it as a waste of his time to arrange and bring you to inspect the place before the completion.

You should insist on inspecting earlier if you are worried.

However, please be aware that the seller may still damage or take away furniture even after your inspection before handover.

We stated the completion date in OTP, created an inventory list & a date, 3 days before completion for "final inspection".

- On completion day by 1200 noon, we sent keys+ cards+ handbook...... to lawyer's hand.

- Buyer came about 2 times not long after signing OTP, for measuring place to put piano.

- We gave our contact to buyer directly, need not go through agents.

- Eventually, no "final inspection" at all. We honour ours words.

- Now, they have visited my new place & on & off, the pass letters to us.

Edited by bepgof

Agent told me to inspect once I got the keys from my lawyer, i.e. after completion, and told me to call him immediately if anything is amiss.

there is a clause that says "The vendor shall permit the purchaser to view for the purpose of inspection the property prior to the date of completion"

I have insisted for the inspection now. Wish me luck

Thks all for the advise.

Inspection to be done before collecting the keys. Do ensure you make the arrangement through the lawyer to have the inspection done before collecting the keys from them. You will need to take note of all the defects during the inspection and make sure you lawyer has a copy of it. Inventory checks should be pretty straight forward, as defects can still be fixed within the 1st year of occupancy.