Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reno145

Racks For Storeroom

ivar or gorm? mine is the one you posted on pix.

i load really heavy stuff on them and it's okay.. didn't crash on me wor. but i didn't check the weight of the items i put on it la.. but really, how heavy will household items be? each shelf can hold 50kgs leh..

the other one i have is not even secured with bolts. just those small pcs of metal you insert into the holes to hold it up.. i remember when i assembled, i even had my hubby held the poles so the thing don't fall apart leh.. and it can hold 30 bottles of wine with the wine racks. and it's slimmer than the gorm ones.

I'm using the one in that pic. Did you nail your rack to the wall? I didn't nail it to the wall, so it's shaky LOL.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I'm using the one in that pic. Did you nail your rack to the wall? I didn't nail it to the wall, so it's shaky LOL.

If need to nail to the wall, means I can not use it because I can not nail it to bomb shelter right?

4 tier rack cost about 200++ .. :)

am thinking of buying one too.. its stainless steel..

the exact same racks (in terms of functionality, materials, mechanism and looks but not sure about the quality) can be found in Jin yu too. Price difference between howard storage and Jin yu is about $50 or more, depending on the size and height.

The one in howard storage is either chrome finished or power coated finished. Doubt it is stainless steel though.

I have 2 sets of Toyogo black shelves, took from my old house but no space to put in the new place, willing to let go at $10 per set. will take pics and dimensions tonight. Each set can take 50 kgs no problems.

If need to nail to the wall, means I can not use it because I can not nail it to bomb shelter right?

I'm using that rack in my bomb shelter. It's shaky as I didnt nail it to my wall.

If you want to put heavy things on your rack, it's better you buy other type of racks with a proper base below.

i didn't... but i place all the heavy stuff at the bottom.. it's quite wide la... it won't topple that easily..

If you are adventurous, many places in JB sells racks which are good. But if not, I'd recommend Ikea, cos it's quite easy to assemble and little fuss.

will JB be much cheaper?

so sorry for late reply again.

yes, JB will be much cheaper, according to my past experiences.

just that you have to look for places that are out of tourists reach. ie. not town.

not worth the trip becos buy back need to install yrself

Im using GORM.... easy to install and modify.... I got the basic setup... installed it and stacked it with 'rubbish'.

From there... u will know what height, what type of racks / # of racks you require. It took me 3 months to come out with the 'final' setup for my little 3rd bathroom coverted to store room.

Nope, I did not secure it to the wall - no chance to topple over in that small space... and it's quite heavy and stable (unless one is an idiot and starts to climb it)

Oh yes... and I painted the whole thing WHITE! Will post pix later

IKEA GORM rack is cheap. I paid only $55 for it. There are 2 types, wider planks - $55, thinner planks - $45. Also can save on delivery fee if you have a car to drive the rack parts home to assemble.

Edited by forgotten

Im using GORM.... easy to install and modify.... I got the basic setup... installed it and stacked it with 'rubbish'.

From there... u will know what height, what type of racks / # of racks you require. It took me 3 months to come out with the 'final' setup for my little 3rd bathroom coverted to store room.

Nope, I did not secure it to the wall - no chance to topple over in that small space... and it's quite heavy and stable (unless one is an idiot and starts to climb it)

Oh yes... and I painted the whole thing WHITE! Will post pix later

really? IKEA racks din seem easy to install for me....and really got that cheap meh?

Talking about Racks For Storeroom, for EM owners, how do you organise your storeroom? (EM storeroom is so small, I would like to have racks but not sure how to go about in doing it) Do you have a pix to show for your EM storeroom? Thinking of DIY'ing it, intend to buy the materials at Daiso (if Daiso sells)

Talking about Racks For Storeroom, for EM owners, how do you organise your storeroom? (EM storeroom is so small, I would like to have racks but not sure how to go about in doing it) Do you have a pix to show for your EM storeroom? Thinking of DIY'ing it, intend to buy the materials at Daiso (if Daiso sells)

i doubt daiso sell them...daiso all $2 stuff

really? IKEA racks din seem easy to install for me....and really got that cheap meh?

Like I mentioned earlier in a thread, easy or hard depends on whether one is a DIYer or has done this before.

Eg. To an investor, it is EASY to identify which share(s) to invest in.... to me..... it's a BLANK wall!

Coming back to the IKEA rack.... just follow the instructions, and throw in a little common sense :) Happy 'screwing'

Cheap? Not really - the ready made ones from other companies are much cheaper, as they produce in bulk.

On the other hand, u get to mix and match what you want... let's see what's my damage....

8 units - 77x31cm shelf @ $9 = $72

1 unit - 77x31cm bottle rack @ $12 = $12

7 units - 50x31cm shelf @ $7 = $49

3 pairs - 110cm post @ $6 = $18

3 pairs - 59cm extension post @ $5 = $15

3 pairs - end caps @ $1.50 = $4.50

Total damage = $170.50 !! (wow - I didn't know before... just keep adding the parts till I get what I had in the end)

(I painted everything white before installation - leftover paint from reno)

For neat stacking, I use boxes (wife's shoe boxes take up nearly 1/4 of the storage space) and Ikea's Samla plastic containers (39x28x14cm - $4 each and 28x20x14cm - $2 each) Lid (if required) is $2 and $1 each respectively.

Edited by d'lotus