Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wj888

Dakota Crescent

Initially wanted to do waterproof blinds but was tinkin there will almost never be a chance to wind them up, hence taking the more pragmatic approach....btw, its cheaper as well :D

But the frosted glass will have silhouette when seen outside if you do not put the blinds right?

Anyway, this design thing is really getting on my nerves.. It's really hard to find a "designer" who have both project mangement or design skill. They either have one or the other.. Maybe end of the day, I just find a contractor and do it .. I will make my decision by next wednesday hopefully..

William still coming out with the 3d after 2weeks and he is still unsure whether he can finished it (I told him just give masterbedrm and living rm first) with the proposal on wednesday. That way, if i sign with him, i can start work on those two first and finalised the rest later. :)

Lyod Pek side even worst... blur blur one.. 2 weeks and i have not heard anything from him. Just sms him and see how it goes.

Edited by wj888

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
But the frosted glass will have silhouette when seen outside if you do not put the blinds right?

Anyway, this design thing is really getting on my nerves.. It's really hard to find a "designer" who have both project mangement or design skill. They either have one or the other.. Maybe end of the day, I just find a contractor and do it .. I will make my decision by next wednesday hopefully..

William still coming out with the 3d after 2weeks and he is still unsure whether he can finished it (I told him just give masterbedrm and living rm first) with the proposal on wednesday. That way, if i sign with him, i can start work on those two first and finalised the rest later. :)

Lyod Pek side even worst... blur blur one.. 2 weeks and i have not heard anything from him. Just sms him and see how it goes.

As for ur concern on the silhouette, it shouldnt be much of an issue cos the person taking the shower stil have the buffer distance of the bay window, thus there should not be a sharp silhouette per se. In addition, u can choose a ''heavier' frosting, as opposed to those lighter type ;)

As for the design issue, i'm afraid theres nothing much u can do abt it since ur pretty time pressed now :( U can only hope he does a good job after all the time taken :rolleyes: All the best

Btw, jus wen for a dip + swim today at the jacuzzi this afternoon ....... nice and shiok :D

As for ur concern on the silhouette, it shouldnt be much of an issue cos the person taking the shower stil have the buffer distance of the bay window, thus there should not be a sharp silhouette per se. In addition, u can choose a ''heavier' frosting, as opposed to those lighter type ;)

As for the design issue, i'm afraid theres nothing much u can do abt it since ur pretty time pressed now :( U can only hope he does a good job after all the time taken :rolleyes: All the best

Btw, jus wen for a dip + swim today at the jacuzzi this afternoon ....... nice and shiok :D

Hehe.. ya, the pool is a good size for the laps ..and can go jacuzzi after that to relax.. especially the HOT Spa! :) SHiok!

Ok, think just sign up with either Loyd pek or William after seeing their design.

After much trials and errors, I have found a designer from De Exclusives who was able to provide a design that match my parent's taste.

Just curious, for a NEW condo of 4 bedder, is a $45k budget too little? Other ID firms have been giving me full works(w/ electrical and full balcony decking) for around $45k(i told them that's my budget). Coz I thought $45k is more than enough when i browse thru the renoblog t-chat and see people paying $30-40k to re-tile whole HDB, redo Toilets and everything into swee swee hotel/luxuirious/resort style. I am not even doing any retiling. Just wallpaper, featurewall, bedfeature etc.

The designer thinks $45k is a little constraint (even when it exclude decking of the balcony - 3m by 6m) 'coz the materials he wanna used (good quality ones) cost more.

Further, the $45k does not include electrical wiring and I got a shock when he asked me whether i want him to recommend an electricain or find my own..

For wall paper, which brand is good? I know Goodrich Global. Is it very expensive to wallpaper the whole house? I understand if you buy direct from source, it is $120 per roll but from id (not this id), it becomes anything from $50 per sq m to $120 per sq m..

After much trials and errors, I have found a designer from De Exclusives who was able to provide a design that match my parent's taste.

Just curious, for a NEW condo of 4 bedder, is a $45k budget too little? Other ID firms have been giving me full works(w/ electrical and full balcony decking) for around $45k(i told them that's my budget). Coz I thought $45k is more than enough when i browse thru the renoblog t-chat and see people paying $30-40k to re-tile whole HDB, redo Toilets and everything into swee swee hotel/luxuirious/resort style. I am not even doing any retiling. Just wallpaper, featurewall, bedfeature etc.

The designer thinks $45k is a little constraint (even when it exclude decking of the balcony - 3m by 6m) 'coz the materials he wanna used (good quality ones) cost more.

Further, the $45k does not include electrical wiring and I got a shock when he asked me whether i want him to recommend an electricain or find my own..

For wall paper, which brand is good? I know Goodrich Global. Is it very expensive to wallpaper the whole house? I understand if you buy direct from source, it is $120 per roll but from id (not this id), it becomes anything from $50 per sq m to $120 per sq m..

Wooow...tats a good start :D Hope it will be a smooth reno journey for u ;) Btw, regarding ur budget , I got this to share.....I did my HDB 3 bedder 6yrs back for abt $25K+ (include electrical works) which includes;

1) full homo tile flooring for Dining and Living (full platform for TV area), Kitchen, bombshelter

2) parquet flooring for 3 rooms,

3) full kitchen cabinet, top and bottom row (reno coy free us teka hood and hob)

4) wardrobe for all 3 rooms

5) false ceiling for living and dining, walkway and MBR.

6) some hacking (hacking area is slightly bigger than the size of a door)

7) full electrical works

So, imagine wen i got my reno quote for my new place....its abt $20K w/o any tiling / flooring, no hacking. no wardrobe, no kitchen cabi !!! WTH !!! even my electrical works for my new place is twice the amt I spent 6yrs back....quoted by the same electrician I used 6yrs back, no less :rolleyes:

But after obtaining several quotes, I come to terms that times have changed .... so did the cost :P

Edited by het

Wooow...tats a good start :D Hope it will be a smooth reno journey for u ;) Btw, regarding ur budget , I got this to share.....I did my HDB 3 bedder 6yrs back for abt $25K+ (include electrical works) which includes;

So, imagine wen i got my reno quote for my new place....its abt $20K w/o any tiling / flooring, no hacking. no wardrobe, no kitchen cabi !!! WTH !!! even my electrical works for my new place is twice the amt I spent 6yrs back....quoted by the same electrician I used 6yrs back, no less :rolleyes:

But after obtaining several quotes, I come to terms that times have changed .... so did the cost :P

Understood :) I've come to realise "designers" are easy money.. every month just need 1 customer ..can liao.. :P

Quick update..

My renovation (exclude balcony and furnishing and lightings) comes up to $45k.

So far, William from DE Exclusives have been ON-THE-BALL .. (Have to thank my other neighbour in this forum for his recommendation:)

I never thought renovation would be done in such a breeze.

I quite like his approach of having site meetings with each of the critical personnel within a week of paying him the $$ to start work.

Last week was the start of the renovation work and we had meetings with the electrical guy, false ceiling guy, carpenter guy.

Everything was confirmed and signed to prevent further disputes (though he's very negotiable).

Probably will take a few photos next week .. when the false ceiling is completed.

From what i see from the wirings and false ceiling work-in-progress last week, they really take care of the routing. Very neat and tidy.

The false ceiling also seems good.

As for Landscaping of the balcony, I found Design4U recommended by another neighbour who had his balcony done by him and the worksmanship and design was good enough for me. Again, this guy also **** on-the-ball .. but downside is ..he likes to ask you to come early and wait for him. On 3 occassions i meet up with him, I have to wait from 30mins - 1 hr. Each time he say he is already on the way and 10 mins will be there.. But nevermind about that, since already proven workmanship and design, so stick with him is safer. ;) Again, this one will need just 2-3 days to finish the balcony landscape.

From the progress, I think I can finished renovation within a month's time. And then I will have the final verdict on whether the ID is worth his salt! :)

Edited by wj888

Quick update..

My renovation (exclude balcony and furnishing and lightings) comes up to $45k.

So far, William from DE Exclusives have been ON-THE-BALL .. (Have to thank my other neighbour in this forum for his recommendation:)

I never thought renovation would be done in such a breeze.

I quite like his approach of having site meetings with each of the critical personnel within a week of paying him the $$ to start work.

Last week was the start of the renovation work and we had meetings with the electrical guy, false ceiling guy, carpenter guy.

Everything was confirmed and signed to prevent further disputes (though he's very negotiable).

Probably will take a few photos next week .. when the false ceiling is completed.

From what i see from the wirings and false ceiling work-in-progress last week, they really take care of the routing. Very neat and tidy.

The false ceiling also seems good.

As for Landscaping of the balcony, I found Design4U recommended by another neighbour who had his balcony done by him and the worksmanship and design was good enough for me. Again, this guy also **** on-the-ball .. but downside is ..he likes to ask you to come early and wait for him. On 3 occassions i meet up with him, I have to wait from 30mins - 1 hr. Each time he say he is already on the way and 10 mins will be there.. But nevermind about that, since already proven workmanship and design, so stick with him is safer. ;) Again, this one will need just 2-3 days to finish the balcony landscape.

From the progress, I think I can finished renovation within a month's time. And then I will have the final verdict on whether the ID is worth his salt! :)

Woow..........considering almost everything is 'given', ur reno budget really high arh :o:D ....Guess wat....I will be shifting in this coming Sunday :D The whole of this week will be doing carpentry.... Duno if the contractor / ID can rush it out bo but see lah......tat was the deadline given to my ID and by right, I shd be shifting in this Thurs but without a shadow of doubt, they cant make it :rolleyes:

Woow..........considering almost everything is 'given', ur reno budget really high arh :o:D ....Guess wat....I will be shifting in this coming Sunday :D The whole of this week will be doing carpentry.... Duno if the contractor / ID can rush it out bo but see lah......tat was the deadline given to my ID and by right, I shd be shifting in this Thurs but without a shadow of doubt, they cant make it :rolleyes:

Haha.. I come to terms with it already.

I also patronise his recommended lighting shop .. let him earn commission on it also.. my parents say let him earn and everything progress smoothly can liao. Cost of $3.5k for 80+ lights (exclude the chandelier which we purchased elsewhere).

Wow! :) Envy :) Thurs and Sunday not much difference. At least your reno is also quite smooth .. browse thru some reno blogs , they encounter devil ID/contractor.. that one is what i was more worried about in the beginning.

Haha.. I come to terms with it already.

I also patronise his recommended lighting shop .. let him earn commission on it also.. my parents say let him earn and everything progress smoothly can liao. Cost of $3.5k for 80+ lights (exclude the chandelier which we purchased elsewhere).

Wow! :) Envy :) Thurs and Sunday not much difference. At least your reno is also quite smooth .. browse thru some reno blogs , they encounter devil ID/contractor.. that one is what i was more worried about in the beginning.

Well, i cant exactly say its smooth. My carpentry will only start today :o:o Im expected to have delays till next week. The main structure will be up by tis sat with minor works in the following week to come. Everything is pretty much in a mad rush now and both contractors and electrician have to work over the PH and Sat !!! I dont know how will the condo mgmt take this (cos generally no works on PH and weekend) but when the crunch time comes, guess i will have to reason with them (this is a new project with less than 10units currently being occupied anyway).

Though my ID is quite responsive but theres alot of undue delay due to lacklustre planning. I did express my dis-satisfaction but also mentioned to him tat time lost are essentially well.....lost, all i can do now is wait, and hope for the best..... :(

And ur number of lights....its like :o:o I have like 32nos of downlight + 21nos of T5 and u have 80+ ?!?! ur place must be super bright in time to come :D:D

Well, i cant exactly say its smooth. My carpentry will only start today :o:o Im expected to have delays till next week. The main structure will be up by tis sat with minor works in the following week to come. Everything is pretty much in a mad rush now and both contractors and electrician have to work over the PH and Sat !!! I dont know how will the condo mgmt take this (cos generally no works on PH and weekend) but when the crunch time comes, guess i will have to reason with them (this is a new project with less than 10units currently being occupied anyway).

Though my ID is quite responsive but theres alot of undue delay due to lacklustre planning. I did express my dis-satisfaction but also mentioned to him tat time lost are essentially well.....lost, all i can do now is wait, and hope for the best..... :(

And ur number of lights....its like :o:o I have like 32nos of downlight + 21nos of T5 and u have 80+ ?!?! ur place must be super bright in time to come :D:D

Wooo, My landscape designer want to start doing landscaping on saturday but i told him to do it on tuesday instead. Scared kenna complain by neighbours as my block already got 3-4household living in there. Ya, Carpentry always seems to be the one delaying the reno project from what i read from the blog.

Thankfully, William very responsive and planning and execution is solid. He told me judging from the progress, he is able to hand over end of the month. So, I'm quite pleased with it. Maybe he is the boss, so his orders are taken with more weight by his biz associates.

keke.. I think it's proportionate to yours. 3 rooms already 50+, 4room have 80+ alright mah :) Ya, I hope to win the BRIGHTEST UNIT Contest this year. :P

I have invited bepgof to come over on Saturday to see my house.. Maybe you want to drop by if you are trying to "reason" with the bldg mgmt that day? :)

Edited by wj888

Wooo, My landscape designer want to start doing landscaping on saturday but i told him to do it on tuesday instead. Scared kenna complain by neighbours as my block already got 3-4household living in there. Ya, Carpentry always seems to be the one delaying the reno project from what i read from the blog.

Thankfully, William very responsive and planning and execution is solid. He told me judging from the progress, he is able to hand over end of the month. So, I'm quite pleased with it. Maybe he is the boss, so his orders are taken with more weight by his biz associates.

keke.. I think it's proportionate to yours. 3 rooms already 50+, 4room have 80+ alright mah :) Ya, I hope to win the BRIGHTEST UNIT Contest this year. :P

I have invited bepgof to come over on Saturday to see my house.. Maybe you want to drop by if you are trying to "reason" with the bldg mgmt that day? :)

tats good. Well, for my place, the main structure are up, less those glasses / mirrors where they will be pasted over next week. I will post some pics on my reno blog later :D

Sure, I can drop by ur place tmr. I will sms u tmr. Cheers

tats good. Well, for my place, the main structure are up, less those glasses / mirrors where they will be pasted over next week. I will post some pics on my reno blog later :D

Sure, I can drop by ur place tmr. I will sms u tmr. Cheers

Update.. Last week, the coverings and start of work was well-done with minimal mess and false ceilings were all done nicely. A lot of things have been done this week ... and below is observations I made. You guys judge for yourself whether this ID company is worth hiring.

1) Carpentry work is inconsistent. A lot of built-in cabinets are curved at one side because the shelves are too wide and the carpenter forced them in, resulting in the curvature on one side of the cabinet.

2) Laminates on masterbedroom feature bedhead is coarse at the edges. Shelves in a custom TV-Console-cum-wardrobe are using the low grade plywood and no laminate on the underside(like those cheapo ikea ones). Though custom-made workwork should have better standard than that.

3) They took off all the protective coverings inside the bedrooms leaving the parquet wood exposed , even though the work is not finished yet. The covering at the corridor leading to the living room is also taken off leaving the compressed marble floor exposed. I need to find out why they do that today. They want to replace scratch parquet wood and marble after they are done with their renovation?

4) The laminates on the baywindows and baywindow cabinets are also lousily done as I can see peeling or chirped edges already.

The ID is good at project management skill of organising the tasks and keeping to schedule, but after this week's progress update, I find he has little control over his "sub-con" or he did not do a good job at finding quality sub-con. If not, there would not be quality control issues like the above.

Anyway, will be discussing with the ID tomorrow to sort out the issues since he is receptive to solving issues. Just find he needs to work more on the quality control portion. Very important for NEXT WEEK as it is THE WALLPAPER sub-con turn. Wallpaper cannot be done hastily and lousily! :(

Edited by wj888

WOW! A half-day is such a big difference! :)

Feedback to ID and within this half a day, the faults that I mentioned have been rectified :)

Now I can only say.. I was too early posting the "defects" list before feedback to him.

The shelvings are now of acceptable quality (no more feel of cheap plywood..dunno what they did).

The laminates are ok too :)

For the protective coverings that are not in the bedrooms, he mentioned it's coz most work are already done and protective coverings are removed so that they can clean the area and start doing the wallpaper.

Maybe that is what they called final touch-ups?

My fault maybe for being too "gan cheong" to post defects.. :)