Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wj888

Dakota Crescent

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ya.. the watermark you mentioned should be similar to the one I saw in the common bathroom. 13 defects? That's pretty good workmanship then? My friend in MBR did 2 rounds of defects and now going for 3rd round ..keke.. But he said he has to be strigent since he's paying alot for it.

No worries, I went over last night and when the place is lit up, really got quite a nice hotel feel. I liked it :)

Is your ID's workmanship good? I still haven't confirmed my ID and maybe will get the contact from you later(if you don't mind) if Mr Chew Interiors cannot performed to expectation. The sales designer **** reactive and slow. Paid $1500 for design and said 1 week. Now 1 week already , tell me next Tuesday can meet up but very evasive on the 3D design ready or not... Say want to arrange for viewing of his completed work on next Tuesday, now say cannot. *GRUMBLE GRUMBLE*

Well, I personally tot the workmanship is pretty good....or at least tats wat my ID told me. He mentioned he have seen alot alot of other projects and this is considered good :D I'm not exactly tat anal about such details cos I believe in live and let live + this defect clearing thingy acts as a double edged weapon i.e. the longer you drag, the later you will start your reno. I mean we can really go into very very minute details if we want to like how the silicon runs in your window / door jam / skirting, paint smudge onto your skirting, near invisible dings / scratches on the door panel etc etc but how time effective is that? To each his own ofcourse ;) Importantly, there must be no major eyesore, tats about all for me ;)

And wooow....ur really paying good money for you ID :o Sure, I can intro my ID to you if ur ever interested. BTW, how many 3D perspectives are ur ID providing you? I got 1 shortlisted ID that did 4 perspective for me w/o having me to commit at all...

And ya, so correct about the hotel feel :D I went to jog along the canal yest nite and thereafter, did my 1st swim in the lap pool....si bei siong loh :D

Edited by het

Well, I personally tot the workmanship is pretty good....or at least tats wat my ID told me. He mentioned he have seen alot alot of other projects and this is considered good :D I'm not exactly tat anal about such details cos I believe in live and let live + this defect clearing thingy acts as a double edged weapon i.e. the longer you drag, the later you will start your reno. I mean we can really go into very very minute details if we want to like how the silicon runs in your window / door jam / skirting, paint smudge onto your skirting, near invisible dings / scratches on the door panel etc etc but how time effective is that? To each his own ofcourse ;) Importantly, there must be no major eyesore, tats about all for me ;)

And wooow....ur really paying good money for you ID :o Sure, I can intro my ID to you if ur ever interested. BTW, how many 3D perspectives are ur ID providing you? I got 1 shortlisted ID that did 4 perspective for me w/o having me to commit at all...

And ya, so correct about the hotel feel :D I went to jog along the canal yest nite and thereafter, did my 1st swim in the lap pool....si bei siong loh :D

thought the number of 3d u get usually depend on how much carpentry u do? i been to an ID that provided me with 5 perspective without paying. but nvr use them in the end

thought the number of 3d u get usually depend on how much carpentry u do? i been to an ID that provided me with 5 perspective without paying. but nvr use them in the end

Precisely my point.....I got 4 and u experienced 5, all these w/o us having to commit nothing. So the threadstarter spending $1500 just for ID design better make sure he get his $$ worth ;)

Edited by het

hehe.. yes.. I contacted quite a few IDs and most only provide 1-2 3D drawings.

The $1.5k is for the whole house and do iterations until finalised copy.

Then Chew will give a quotation and I can also get quotation from contractors with the design.

My dad attracted to Chew due to its constant advertising and big company status. We all know the advertising fees must come from somewhere.. but what to do.. they like, I try my best to deliver.

Het, well, if your ID can provide all 3D drawings for free.. Why not? :) I pm you liao! :)

Ok.. experience learnt and ready for my next house renovation after i fixed up this one..

Never Pay for 3D , no matter how they tell you the design is yours and they can churn it out faster (like 1 week) compared to 2-3weeks if you pay.

Anyway, I terminated Chew's Interior designer services and forfeit my deposit. He choot a lot of pattern to delay the 3D and proposal viewing. If haven't signed reno contract already like that. I don't knwo what will happened if I really signed the reno contract.

On the other hand, the ID recommended by my fellow neighbour is ok. Started work on the design and kept calling me to ask whenever he come out with something that i did not mentioned. But also same.. think all IDs typically takes 3weeks to come out with design.. He also need 3 weeks to give me a proposal and design..

Time very tight.. ****.... My defect rectification by the developer end on 23th August and if I have not confirmed an ID and a design by then, i will be wasting another month of underutilized apartment. :(

Ok.. experience learnt and ready for my next house renovation after i fixed up this one..

Never Pay for 3D , no matter how they tell you the design is yours and they can churn it out faster (like 1 week) compared to 2-3weeks if you pay.

Anyway, I terminated Chew's Interior designer services and forfeit my deposit. He choot a lot of pattern to delay the 3D and proposal viewing. If haven't signed reno contract already like that. I don't knwo what will happened if I really signed the reno contract.

On the other hand, the ID recommended by my fellow neighbour is ok. Started work on the design and kept calling me to ask whenever he come out with something that i did not mentioned. But also same.. think all IDs typically takes 3weeks to come out with design.. He also need 3 weeks to give me a proposal and design..

Time very tight.. ****.... My defect rectification by the developer end on 23th August and if I have not confirmed an ID and a design by then, i will be wasting another month of underutilized apartment. :(

If you have not changed the utlities bills under your name then change it only when u start ur actual reno paint works.

The defect rectification list is never ending. Something will pops up after the first list. Usually they will do part of it only, and you need to keep hounding them to complete way before the scheduled date so that there is time to chase after for rectification.

Meanwhile, go use the pool and gym on week ends or when ever possible. Also you can also clean up one room to use temp and enjoy the aircon and such.

How about get individual/free-lance designer, then bring this design to your contractor?

How about get individual/free-lance designer, then bring this design to your contractor?

Yup.. I got asked Loyd Pek from Dhomes.. but he sent his kar kia instead.

Anyway, haven't heard from his kar kia since. But kar kia not bad.. got dip and degree in design :)

But the other one recommended by my future neighbour also not bad. Very pro-active and I think he will have higher chance of getting the contract if his price and design is ok. He looks like able to control workers type..

You see, now Chew digs a hole in you pocket. Seriously, that time I almost wanted to whack them (3 gangster-look designers)wife kept pulling me away.

Just joke with u on previous post. Yr fsm is correct, ghost month nothing to do with fs. Try yr best to avoid reno work after sunset. Swim during sunrise to sunset only, not after sun set. 7 month very "ying". Water="ying", night also "ying". Don't hurry for reno works.

Edited by bepgof

If you have not changed the utlities bills under your name then change it only when u start ur actual reno paint works.

The defect rectification list is never ending. Something will pops up after the first list. Usually they will do part of it only, and you need to keep hounding them to complete way before the scheduled date so that there is time to chase after for rectification.

Meanwhile, go use the pool and gym on week ends or when ever possible. Also you can also clean up one room to use temp and enjoy the aircon and such.

Oh no.. Singapore Powers activated my utilities bill last week .. oH well .. nevermind, don't think they can clocked up too much electrical bill for me.

As for the defects, mine is not very major, just minor touch ups .. so should be very likely for a 1 round defect rectification only. :)

Ya ya.. i've been using the pool, gym and spa once a week. Too lazy to drive there just to use the facilities - Only go there when I have to meet IDs or do some paperwork.

You see, now Chew digs a hole in you pocket. Seriously, that time I almost wanted to whack them (3 gangster-look designers)wife kept pulling me away.

Just joke with u on previous post. Yr fsm is correct, ghost month nothing to do with fs. Try yr best to avoid reno work after sunset. Swim during sunrise to sunset only, not after sun set. 7 month very "ying". Water="ying", night also "ying". Don't hurry for reno works.

Understood. :)

Ya, that ghost month cannot go swimming myth also very scary... keke... Most probably use the spa pool (which is warm water) during ghost month.. I rather you pull my leg in the forum than someone else in the pool pull my leg. :P

Bro, so u contacted william? Glad its workin well for u. Well, hes really proactive and veri open to discussion. How ur defects clearing thus far? mine shd be done by this week...I hope. Will be doing toilet window frosting and planter decking coming wed. Toilet window mus do 1st so as not to provide 'free show' :D

Bro, so u contacted william? Glad its workin well for u. Well, hes really proactive and veri open to discussion. How ur defects clearing thus far? mine shd be done by this week...I hope. Will be doing toilet window frosting and planter decking coming wed. Toilet window mus do 1st so as not to provide 'free show' :D

Yup. Maybe i'm a little more proactive.. I always have to chase IDs coz I give them 2 weeks and they always cannot come back to me on the time until I press them.

Anyway, just chase william today and he said next wed evening.. Now waiting for him to confirm time/venue. Hope he can do a good one and I can just sign with him. Dont want to waste time liao.

Ya, they only started work on my unit on wednesday and probably will give them a call on wednesday to find out the status.

Window frosting? That's a neat idea, I think I will do that too plus put blinds .. double protection.. :)

Share your reno pic here too :) Want to see leh..

Probably tomorrow see whether got mood to go down and see fireworks from the balcony..

Yup. Maybe i'm a little more proactive.. I always have to chase IDs coz I give them 2 weeks and they always cannot come back to me on the time until I press them.

Anyway, just chase william today and he said next wed evening.. Now waiting for him to confirm time/venue. Hope he can do a good one and I can just sign with him. Dont want to waste time liao.

Ya, they only started work on my unit on wednesday and probably will give them a call on wednesday to find out the status.

Window frosting? That's a neat idea, I think I will do that too plus put blinds .. double protection.. :)

Share your reno pic here too :) Want to see leh..

Probably tomorrow see whether got mood to go down and see fireworks from the balcony..

Initially wanted to do waterproof blinds but was tinkin there will almost never be a chance to wind them up, hence taking the more pragmatic approach....btw, its cheaper as well :D