Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

Went down to the shop at Kelantan lane. The man recommended me the "older" model. He said good enuf for small toilet. Round one $50, square one $65. His contractor said $150 for installation which includes removing old shutters, new perspex. Only wiring he said ask my electrician to do for him since I'm renovating.

How $150 reasonable for installation?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Went down to the shop at Kelantan lane. The man recommended me the "older" model. He said good enuf for small toilet. Round one $50, square one $65. His contractor said $150 for installation which includes removing old shutters, new perspex. Only wiring he said ask my electrician to do for him since I'm renovating.

How $150 reasonable for installation?

which shop? hongkwang? older model???

Edited by MaCe

Yes, Hong Kwang. Older model. He said good enuf, so need to spend $100+ on new model. Just get the $50 or $65 one can already.

Bro, i gave the contact to my friend to call since she is doing reno now too. the uncle (not sure if it's Henry) also told her it's not the 15WHPA model but another model. now she also twiddle dum twiddle dee not sure want to get them to install or not.

i think as long as the fan does the job of sucking out the foul air, it should be ok?

i am really pleased with my toilet fans (hahhaa! :) ) the painter came to do touch-up these two days and i turned on the fans and the paint odour actually gets sucked out as well!

my installer gave me the KDK 15WHPA brochure, not sure if i should scan the pages and put here for forummers' info. will that be considered advertising for them? heh, i am not working for them hor! :dancingqueen:

aiya, nvm lor - nowadays hor - we all need to PAY $$$ to learn "something".

that piece of perspective(acrylic) wont cost more than $50

4 studs(mirror) to hold the acrylic -$20

fan - $60

man hours - $440 per hour!:dancingqueen:

no lah.. the installer spent 2+ hours at my place. he really treat my over-priced toilet like his own! :yamseng:

quite true... i am always having to PAY $$$ to learn stg until i join renotalk.com! at least i save a lot of $$$ on my curtains thanks to you Bro! :good:

BTW, i really got nothing to do with Hongkwang hor, me just their regular customer, bought many many stuffs from them since the day I start to shop/hang in sungei road.

the whpa model comes with plastic grille + LESS air volume of only 150 cmh.

are you willing to pay $110+ for the grille???

the round type no grille but air volume 210 cmh. $50+. which kid dumb enough or tall enough to stick his fingers into the fan? even then, the fan blades are soft plastic, wont chop off fingers lah :dancingqueen:

whpa.jpg

wud.jpg

Yes, Hong Kwang. Older model. He said good enuf, so need to spend $100+ on new model. Just get the $50 or $65 one can already.

ya , pls see the above comparison. $150 for installation hmm...dunno got include wat leh...you got to ask him what about WIRING.

one fact about sungei road bizmen is that they WONT anyhow recommend contractors - cos they will be shooting themselve if the contractor did a lousy job.

BTW, i really got nothing to do with Hongkwang hor, me just their regular customer, bought many many stuffs from them since the day I start to shop/hang in sungei road.

the whpa model comes with plastic grille + LESS air volume of only 150 cmh.

are you willing to pay $110+ for the grille???

the round type no grille but air volume 210 cmh. $50+. which kid dumb enough or tall enough to stick his fingers into the fan? even then, the fan blades are soft plastic, wont chop off fingers lah :dancingqueen:

ya , pls see the above comparison. $150 for installation hmm...dunno got include wat leh...you got to ask him what about WIRING.

one fact about sungei road bizmen is that they WONT anyhow recommend contractors - cos they will be shooting themselve if the contractor did a lousy job.

hi mace

thanks for highlighting the diff in both fan and the grille certainly not worth $100. will try to contact hong kwang and check the pricing for installation. by any chance do you knowh how much do they normally charge for doing such a job (cutting the glass + wiring for the fan).

hi mace

thanks for highlighting the diff in both fan and the grille certainly not worth $100. will try to contact hong kwang and check the pricing for installation. by any chance do you knowh how much do they normally charge for doing such a job (cutting the glass + wiring for the fan).

better that you contact hongkwang directly.

fans i bought from them but installation is done by my main con.

what they do now is just to secure the fan onto a piece of acrylic with the acrylic tightened to the wall.

Where can we buy the piece of acrylic / perspex from?

I think it should be quite easy to DIY if can get the electrician to pull the wire for me. Then all i have to do is buy the piece of acrylic, get glass cutter to cut and fix it in myself.

Where can we buy the piece of acrylic / perspex from?

I think it should be quite easy to DIY if can get the electrician to pull the wire for me. Then all i have to do is buy the piece of acrylic, get glass cutter to cut and fix it in myself.

www.dama.com.sg get at least 5 or 6mm thick but cannot exceed 7mm.

Reading all abt this vent fan makes me wanna hv it too..

Question1: Will toliet become 'dark' (even during daytime) coz there's no more opening to the natural light (no more window)..???

Worried tht additional electricity cost for turning 'On/Off' lights whenever needs to use the bathroom..

Question 2: Is it easy to clean the fan itself? Scare tht insects will be flying in from outside when cover is not close..

Reading all abt this vent fan makes me wanna hv it too..

Question1: Will toliet become 'dark' (even during daytime) coz there's no more opening to the natural light (no more window)..???

Worried tht additional electricity cost for turning 'On/Off' lights whenever needs to use the bathroom..

Question 2: Is it easy to clean the fan itself? Scare tht insects will be flying in from outside when cover is not close..

Q1 - really depends on your toilet window location.

electricity - only 20watts, a normal floor standing fan is at least 60-90watts. Just wire the fan separately from the lights.

Q2 - the fan blade can be easily removed but the exterior of the cover cannot reach liao.

the fan works in such a way, when you let go of the string, the cover spring open and the fan turns on. when you pull the string and lock it, the cover closes and fan stops.

Hi Mace,

Can ask a few questions???

May I know where you get the esaver timer for the ventilation fan?

Directly from the website?

How much is it?

Do we need to engage their installation or can we DIY like what you had shown in your T-blog?

Thanks..

Hi Mace,

Can ask a few questions???

May I know where you get the esaver timer for the ventilation fan?

Directly from the website?

How much is it?

Do we need to engage their installation or can we DIY like what you had shown in your T-blog?

Thanks..

go sim lim TOWER - some shops there still selling it for $18. if you go to homefix...$24 liao.

if you dun wan DIY, get your electrician to do it. very simple easy job - (me newbie in 240v).