Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tientien

Ventilation Exhaust Fan Installation For Toilet ?

aiyo.. since contract incl it.. pls insist contractor to do it for u.. or minus off the amount quoted in the contract since he didn't do it.. either he do for u then pay him like wat mace advise or demand refund on tis item..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
aiyo.. since contract incl it.. pls insist contractor to do it for u.. or minus off the amount quoted in the contract since he didn't do it.. either he do for u then pay him like wat mace advise or demand refund on tis item..

Do you get permit from HDB for removing the window?

for mine.. initially getting my own ID to do it.. so he actually applied and got approval for the MBR toilet.. but b4 the approval frm HDB.. he didn't quote me how much for it.. he said may not b able to do it for me mah.. but after the approval.. then came with his quotation.. it was blxxdy expensive to let them do loh.. they quoted $380(replacing the window, installing and connecting to light point) for only 1 window... then i went to source ard for cheaper quotes.. i managed to get $100 for replacing window and $40 for the electrical point.. that is more than 50% lesser!:dancingqueen: but anyway.. i already received the approved permit frm HDB in my letter box! haha!

however, jasmine (the window contractor).. said no need permit actually.. since nothing is protruding out.. she asked me to keep the original 3 panes of glasses.. for in case.. i still can take down the fan n glass.. n put back the 3 panes.. so quite ok.. not much issue actually..

I had just installed 2 six inch KDK ventilation fans. One for each bathroom cum toilet. So I am surprised to hear that HDB has a rule against installation of ventilation fan given that HDB had approved the permit for mine.

I think HDB only impose that the suction fan be installed on a pane of wire-mesh reinforced glass to ensure proper support and that it would not fall out backwards and hurt someone downstairs.

The fans themselves are quite affordable. Costs like $58 for a 8 inch kdk suction fan. Comes with a shutter to keep out the rain as well.

Hi Light,

I like your suction fans. Btw, are your suction fans installed on wire-mesh reinforced

glass? From the pics can't see clearly. Are your window panes fixed panel too?

PM me if not convenient to reply here. Thanks a lot!!

:sport-smiley-003:

hee.. how was your christmas? hope yours a great one.. mine not merry at all thou.. :bangwall:

here's the window contractor contact:

Central Aluminum

Tel: 6368 3313

Look for Jasmine

:yamseng:

xlan

besides installing fans and windows, do they provide installation of household items or mini renos?

thanks advice

will be looking for her to do my MBR toilet fan as well

Do you guys run a brand new switch for the fan or do you tap to either the existing light/heater point?

I'm using instant heater so I wonder if it would be advisable to tap to the heater point? Instant heater doesnt consume power unless water is turned on right? I dont want too many ugly trunking running out to my bedroom as all my wires are currently concealed.

Do you guys run a brand new switch for the fan or do you tap to either the existing light/heater point?

I'm using instant heater so I wonder if it would be advisable to tap to the heater point? Instant heater doesnt consume power unless water is turned on right? I dont want too many ugly trunking running out to my bedroom as all my wires are currently concealed.

best is still separately.

http://www.esaver.com.sg/contact.htm

esaver2.jpg

for those who fixed the esaver with ventilator/exhaust fan.

should the knob spoil do contact them for a FREE replacement. Yes this is how GOOD this company is = FREE!!!

or you may purchase a "heavy duty" knob for $4 with metal plate inside.

Website not really functioning cos I think they using the main company site...Seng Leong I think...I also got the 20mins timer and also a 3hr timer.

hi folks,

Which options is better?

1. Cut holes on glass windows

2. removing the window pane and fixing up an acrylic board >HDB not allowed?

3. Get a piece of acrylic that is cut out according to the window size, mount onto the wall, over the window and effectively covering the window. keeping existing louve windows.

Which is better, which is cheaper? I am thinking of option 3, keeping existing louve windows in case next time don't want to use fan or future house buyer wants the original louve window.

What does the Jasmine window contractor do?

from kdk website

==

>>What are the methods of mounting the ventilation fan up?

The most common and cheapest method of mounting up the ventilation fan would be cutting a hole on the glass window and mounting the fan up itself. However, for such ventilation fans, it has to be a window mount ventilation as there are many types of ventilation fans around. (see types of ventilation fans.)

Other methods would be removing the window pane and fixing up an acrylic board or wooden board to replace the existing window panel. However, if you are staying in HDB, you are not allowed to do this due to HDB regulations. For condominiums owners, you would have to check with your management as in whether the 2 above named methods are allowed.

Lastly, to bypass all the hassle, we will have the customized 15WHPA method whereby we will fix on the ventilation fan on a piece of acrylic that is cut out according to the window size. Thereafter, it will be mounted onto the wall, over the window and effectively covering the window. Air will be ventilated through the window, irregardless the window type.