Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

gd choice for your speakers. any reason why not the 800 speakers and wat sub are you taking?

Thanks for your comments, bro. The reason on why I din upgrade to the 8000 series is due to budget issues.

Moreover, the space from my TV to my sofa is around 2.5m, thus, I find it pointless for me to get such a powerful speakers.

Next, the reason on why I only upgrade my center speaker is because I find that the most of the vocal part come from the center speakers, thus I only decide to upgrade on that and remain the 600series for my front and rear speakers

My woofer is the Procinema 600 series. What do you think? Or you think I shld upgrade it?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Woodydodo... Can u share how much u paid for this def tech combi set? I'm looking at the 600 series too and am considering taking the promotional price kec has on now.

Cheers

Cy

Thanks for your comments, bro. The reason on why I din upgrade to the 8000 series is due to budget issues.

Moreover, the space from my TV to my sofa is around 2.5m, thus, I find it pointless for me to get such a powerful speakers.

Next, the reason on why I only upgrade my center speaker is because I find that the most of the vocal part come from the center speakers, thus I only decide to upgrade on that and remain the 600series for my front and rear speakers

My woofer is the Procinema 600 series. What do you think? Or you think I shld upgrade it?

Hi Vic, I am pretty new here. But I do keep track of this thread from time to time and I decide to take the plunge to KEC yesterday.

I have bought the following:

1) Front and rear Definitive 600 speakers and woofer

2) Definitive 1000 center speakers

3) Onkyo 608 AVR....

I went to tried a few system at KEC yesterday and I am pretty impressed by the Definitive speakers.....

Jus wondering how much u paid for ur 608? the last time I was there like abt 1.5mths back, tis elderly uncle like bo chap bo chap and quoted me those RRP pricing which I was thinking....ya...sure :rolleyes:

Woodydodo... Can u share how much u paid for this def tech combi set? I'm looking at the 600 series too and am considering taking the promotional price kec has on now.

Cheers

Cy

I paid a low 2K for this setup inclusive of wires and installation. I was served by Jack that day. Not pushy at all and was patient thru out the whole process.

Jus wondering how much u paid for ur 608? the last time I was there like abt 1.5mths back, tis elderly uncle like bo chap bo chap and quoted me those RRP pricing which I was thinking....ya...sure :rolleyes:

Oppss...i forgot how much I paid coz I got the whole set from them which make the price more attractive for me.

I was served by Jack, not a elderly uncle.......

Oppss...i forgot how much I paid coz I got the whole set from them which make the price more attractive for me.

I was served by Jack, not a elderly uncle.......

No worries....i got mine oredi, oso a 608 but its from Alpha Audio at level 1.....was jus tinkin if they are really sellin it as per those RRP pricing which they quoted me :P cheers

No worries....i got mine oredi, oso a 608 but its from Alpha Audio at level 1.....was jus tinkin if they are really sellin it as per those RRP pricing which they quoted me :P cheers

Wow...congrats to u. May I know which speakers u pair up with?

woodydodo...looks like a good bargain. the promotional one (http://www.hifibargain.com/promo.html) is already 1800... hopefully they will deal me a good deal if i want to change the avr to a 608.

Hi, u can go shop ard for comparisons before u commit. I belie e u if u the idea of buying, getting a good price shld nt be too difficult. Hope can see some pictures of ur setup.

cheers mate. I am def interested in buying but still undecided which one to go for. I have been to KEC a few times. However the waiting to buy mentality is due to my collection of keys to my new place (1st OCT). Share your setup too when you set it up =)

cheers mate. I am def interested in buying but still undecided which one to go for. I have been to KEC a few times. However the waiting to buy mentality is due to my collection of keys to my new place (1st OCT). Share your setup too when you set it up =)

Oooic, that is the reason y u delay ur purchase. Errmm, I will only start reno next month...hopefully I can complete my reno by Dec.

Hi

Dump the Dynaudio & get a brand new set up. A few bros in this forum are owners of Deft Tech Procinema 600 or 800.

It's well within your budget. Do audition it.

cheers

Hi

Thanks for your advice. How much do you think it can fetch? Which website is the best for auction. What about my centre and rear speakers?

Hi Vic, I am pretty new here. But I do keep track of this thread from time to time and I decide to take the plunge to KEC yesterday.

I have bought the following:

1) Front and rear Definitive 600 speakers and woofer

2) Definitive 1000 center speakers

3) Onkyo 608 AVR....

I went to tried a few system at KEC yesterday and I am pretty impressed by the Definitive speakers.....

Hi

Care to share how much they quote you? Can send me a private message if you think it is inconvenient here

Hello all,

I'm an EXTREME n00b when it comes to this, so have decided to also consult the in-house audio/videophile - Vicenzo! Please be patient with me. :) This is going to be a looooong post - grab coffee.

1) I'm an avid music lover - I love crisp sounds and a warm bass - but am not sure how often I would listen to music on the HTS because OH would probably be hogging TV! We don't own a single Blu-ray disc (and this would change, I promise) and I mostly torrent all the shows, store on a hard drive, and plug into a media player to watch it on TV. We don't watch as many movies as we do TV - probably equally divided between Cable TV and torrented TV series on the media player.

My WD Media Player has HDMI output so it would be able to connect to the receiver, yes? But would the quality be compromised because the movies were downloaded?

Solution: Buy a basic system? >< That would really hurt the inner geek in me.

2) I like music wherever I am - dancing in the kitchen, singing in the shower, bouncing about in the house, bopping my head on the laptop - that kind of thing, so something stagnant might not prove its purpose? Unless OH is out and I can turn it on full blast to hear it wherever I am. Piped-in music seems a little extragravant to me... And if OH is watching TV while I am getting ready to go out, I still get to groove to music (helps me get ready faster hehe).

Solution: Have iPod docks (with bearable sound quality :( ) in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen - but that just sounds so silly!

3) I am uncertain of how a player, say a OPPO 80, determines music/pictures/video to play when a USB drive is inserted if all three formats are present. That same confusion extends to wireless media centers - does its interface mimick that of my PC, to be able to access certain folders in certain directories on a certain hard drive parition? I have 4 drives, with so many sub-directories of music - does it simply display EVERY .mp3 file? I see an example of a media center's interface (pic attached) and it shows a very simple go-to function like what I have on my WD Media Player: specific files I painstakingly put in there on an external HDD.

oplay_r3_osd.jpg

Solution: Get many external HDDs and store only music, or videos, or TV series etc, swap the HDD everytime I want to swap content - but it can't be so ridiculous right??

Which brings me to... (ok, we're getting there)

4) Is the answer of all answers a HTPC?! The HTPC holds all my content (no HDD swapping), presents itself in such a user-friendly format, can even watch browse Internet and write on renotalk forums while lis! Does it connect to the receiver? What cables would I need? Do I need to build a high-end geared PC to support/boost quality of music/video?

This does not, however, solve 2) but 1 out of 3 ain't bad?

What system configuration would you recommend if mainly TV would be used with it?

Should I concentrate on good iPod dock speakers instead, like a Bose?

Sigh, maybe I should just buy Shure earphones and walk around with my iPod attached to my hip~

Thanks for listening!

<3

Ely

imho, i will swap the sub with a velo sub. you can consider it if it is within your budget.