Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Hi Vicenzo or anyone,

IF I was looking at B&W MT25 and I was considering a slight upgrade what would I start with?

Center speaker? to a higher model possibly HTM62

or

Sub? to the 610, or obviously PV1(significant price diff) or could you recommend a Velodyne or SVS sub that might work well with this setup

I ask only bcos I'm not sure if I have the space for 685,684 upwards hence considering Front/rears MT1s.

Thanks!

Yes, HTM62 would be a great match with the M1 fronts. As for B&W sub, only the PV1 stands out, IMHO.

Ive a friend who uses a velodyne CHT10R to compliment his B&W M1 set up.

Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Not exactly sure abt the $1601 price that the guy quoted me...maybe for the speakers only...anyway took a look at the B&W website...saw those in build wall or ceiling speakers....looks cool to hide those for my small room space. Anyone has experience with such speakers?

- Are their sound being compromised greatly?

- Are they expensive?

- Which shops in Aldephi is more specialized in such speakers or B&W systems?

- price like?

Looks like I need to go down Aldephi again to checkout the "invisible" speakers option.

To answer your queries -

- Are their sound being compromised greatly? NO & NEVER

- Are they expensive? YES, but not as expensive as BOSE

- Which shops in Aldephi is more specialized in such speakers or B&W systems?

E77 (next to KEC but has limited range) or visit the B&W hop at Lavender Street (next to Imminent Plaza)

- price like? $2K upwards

hi there

i was just offered a new Nakamichi Soundspace 10 System for $2k+. Is it good deal? I know it is a classic design and now has some limitations e.g. cannot play blu ray etc. But what do u guys think?

hi there

i was just offered a new Nakamichi Soundspace 10 System for $2k+. Is it good deal? I know it is a classic design and now has some limitations e.g. cannot play blu ray etc. But what do u guys think?

If you have $2K to spend, I rather u get a more "updated" HTS. Nakamichi 10 has all the old attributes, AC3, DD, DTS & Pro Logic.

I suggest u take a stroll to adelphi & audition a few systems before plunging in.

Worst of all, Nakamichi is not upgradeable.

Cheers

yup, took ur advice & went down to B&W showroom today. They provided me the quote for this system....no actual set to try it out...so it is buy w/o testing out how it sounds.

Build in wall speakers 636 & Cinema 6 + rear ceiling build in speakers + 200W ASW608 subwoofer + Yamaha 467. Total damage is $3314. Inclu GST.

No delivery,installation & wiring. 45 to 60 days.

yup, took ur advice & went down to B&W showroom today. They provided me the quote for this system....no actual set to try it out...so it is buy w/o testing out how it sounds.

Build in wall speakers 636 & Cinema 6 + rear ceiling build in speakers + 200W ASW608 subwoofer + Yamaha 467. Total damage is $3314. Inclu GST.

No delivery,installation & wiring. 45 to 60 days.

Well done!!! Another B&W owner. At least get them to commission the system for u. Your receiver may be a bit underpowered.

They didnt recommend the Yammy 765?

Cheers

Hmm..read thru this thread and found inspiration of upgrading...

anyway this is my 1st post in renotalk. will be renovating my new home in 2 months time.

Got a question for bros and sis here esp vincenzo...

If my sofa is against the wall, how do I place my rear (bookshelf size) speakers? wall mount with bracket or ceiling mount pointing downwards?

Thanks a lot

Hi Vincenzo,

are there huge diff between Onkyo 308 and 508?

was thinking if there is cost efficiency if i chose 308?

Thank you

Get the 508. The 308 doesnt have Dolby PLII, no Audessey processwing & its only 65W.

It depends on what speakers are you matching with in the end.

Cheers

Hmm..read thru this thread and found inspiration of upgrading...

anyway this is my 1st post in renotalk. will be renovating my new home in 2 months time.

Got a question for bros and sis here esp vincenzo...

If my sofa is against the wall, how do I place my rear (bookshelf size) speakers? wall mount with bracket or ceiling mount pointing downwards?

Thanks a lot

What book shelf speakers are u getting? Wall mount would be appropriate.

Cheers

What book shelf speakers are u getting? Wall mount would be appropriate.

Cheers

Keeping my current HTS...the 5.1 is a set of Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP...so the rear speaker is just a Dia 9.0.

If wall mount, how should the speakers be facing? towards the sofa? Or pointing straight...then use Auto calibration on AVR ? (mine is the 5 yr old Denon 1906)

Keeping my current HTS...the 5.1 is a set of Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP...so the rear speaker is just a Dia 9.0.

If wall mount, how should the speakers be facing? towards the sofa? Or pointing straight...then use Auto calibration on AVR ? (mine is the 5 yr old Denon 1906)

Speakers facing towards where you should be seated. At least a 30 degrees tilted.

Rear speakers position, whenever possible, to be at least 2-3 feet AWAY from ceiling top. It'll look ugly unless

you want to invest in speakers stands.

About time you upgrade your AVR, bro.

Cheers

@ vicenzo70

Tks for all the previous advices. Just paid a deposit for an Onkyo 608 today. Gotta wait for my reno to finish before i can install my HTS to enjoy. Cheers

Edited by het

@ vicenzo70

Tks for all the previous advices. Just paid a deposit for an Onkyo 608 today. Gotta wait for my reno to finish before i can install my HTS to enjoy. Cheers

may I know how much u pay for it? Thx