Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

got the same system too...cant wait for the installation this week.... :D

Vincenzo bro, anything i should lookout for before/after they have set up the system??

can share the damage ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
got the same system too...cant wait for the installation this week.... :D

Vincenzo bro, anything i should lookout for before/after they have set up the system??

Bro Congrats.

Onkyo 608 is only 2EQ calibration compliant which means it doesnt calibrate your sub for u. Get the installer to do it.

After installing, do an audio integrity check using the Audessey function of your receiver.

If possible upgrade the LCR speaker cables. Belkin cables is good. rear speakers cables are not so crucial.

After installing, dont be too happy yet. New speakers need time to "burn in" so keep your system going for about 2-3 hours

daily for the 1st 100 hours. Also, keep fiddling with the sub (esp the phase & crossover frequency) to extract the sweet spot

as according to your listening ear.

Def Tech 800/1000 are small speakers so do remember to calibrate it in your receiver to "small speakers"

Other than that, enjoy your HT system.

Cheers

Edited by vicenzo70

Bro Congrats.

Onkyo 608 is only 2EQ calibration compliant which means it doesnt calibrate your sub for u. Get the installer to do it.

After installing, do an audio integrity check using the Audessey function of your receiver.

If possible upgrade the LCR speaker cables. Belkin cables is good. rear speakers cables are not so crucial.

After installing, dont be too happy yet. New speakers need time to "burn in" so keep your system going for about 2-3 hours

daily for the 1st 100 hours. Also, keep fiddling with the sub (esp the phase & crossover frequency) to extract the sweet spot

Def Tech 800/1000 are small speakers so do remember to calibrate it in your receiver to "small speakers"

Cheers

wow sounds like a lot of hard work....

>.<"

can share the damage ?

damage almost 3k, excluding the BR player.

Bro Congrats.

Cheers

tks bro. do i need to calibrate the sub regularly or just a one time calibration?

not sure wat cable they are providing, btw how much does belkin cables cost and where is cheaper to buy?

so how to calibrate to "small speakers", can get the installer to do tat right?? sorry for stupid qns ar, am totally clueless in this area.

seems like still require some efforts on our side to "burn in" the speakers, sounds like driving a new car...hehe

tks bro. do i need to calibrate the sub regularly or just a one time calibration?

not sure wat cable they are providing, btw how much does belkin cables cost and where is cheaper to buy?

so how to calibrate to "small speakers", can get the installer to do tat right?? sorry for stupid qns ar, am totally clueless in this area.

seems like still require some efforts on our side to "burn in" the speakers, sounds like driving a new car...hehe

thanks for that

Bro Congrats.

Cheers

Hi bro,

I was looking at the same exact setup with upgrade to svs subs. Any other amps recommended that does auto calibration like the denon 2310. Also realise that the power rating for each channel for 608 & 2310 is different. Read that the 708 has auto calibration but due out later in the year. Does it also mean that the sounds & ability to drive the speakers with either the 608, 708 or 2310 are also different.

Thks.

Read the Manual for speakers calibration. Yes, u can get the installer to guide u. Just calibrate until you get to the sweet spot.

Yes, require some efforts for new set up. same goes for LCD/Plasma TVs. Still need to burn in.

Cheers

Read the Manual for speakers calibration. Yes, u can get the installer to guide u. Just calibrate until you get to the sweet spot.

Yes, require some efforts for new set up. same goes for LCD/Plasma TVs. Still need to burn in.

Cheers

wow i really did not know that either...

even for plasmas and LCD too huh ?

Hi bro,

I was looking at the same exact setup with upgrade to svs subs. Any other amps recommended that does auto calibration like the denon 2310. Also realise that the power rating for each channel for 608 & 2310 is different. Read that the 708 has auto calibration but due out later in the year. Does it also mean that the sounds & ability to drive the speakers with either the 608, 708 or 2310 are also different.

Thks.

SVS is a good choice. Youre thinking of PB10 or 12?

As for receiver choice, its up to the owner. I tend to like Onkyo for its warm sounding. Yamaha is brighter & it compliments well

with DefTech & Tannoy speakers. Im bias against Denon.

Cheers

Yep. You dont read the manuals rite?

Cheers

well, i have not bought it yet so reading the manuals is kinda out of the question...lolz

but thanks for the hint..

its seems this project will require an investment of time as well as dough :D

Thanks bros on giving all the advice so far.. I've been following this thread because i'm in for some shopping as well. Just a quick question. Can any kind bro be able to comment on the 2 receivers, Onkyo 608 and Pioneer VSX 920? I'm considering these 2 and can't find much performance comparison for both and 920 doesn't have much reviews yet since its relatively new in the market.

I noticed that Pioneer's response bandwidth is 20-20k hz while onkyo 608 is 5-100k hz, which seems like a better specs. Does this mean Onkyo is better in performance?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks bros on giving all the advice so far.. I've been following this thread because i'm in for some shopping as well. Just a quick question. Can any kind bro be able to comment on the 2 receivers, Onkyo 608 and Pioneer VSX 920? I'm considering these 2 and can't find much performance comparison for both and 920 doesn't have much reviews yet since its relatively new in the market.

I noticed that Pioneer's response bandwidth is 20-20k hz while onkyo 608 is 5-100k hz, which seems like a better specs. Does this mean Onkyo is better in performance?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Response bandwidth is not a crucial factor when purchasing receivers. Most of the time, you probably wont discern the difference.

The only way is to do the audition yourself.

cheers

Response bandwidth is not a crucial factor when purchasing receivers. Most of the time, you probably wont discern the difference.

The only way is to do the audition yourself.

cheers

Thanks! However the Pioneer 920 is not in yet and i was unable to audition yet. Might have to wait to do so then.

Thanks! However the Pioneer 920 is not in yet and i was unable to audition yet. Might have to wait to do so then.

There's not much review on this receiver yet. What I really want to find out how is the audio performance from music

listening. I have no problems with the video quality as my own OPPO83 BR player is equipped with the ABT chipset that

does a superb job in video upscaling.

Cheers